Discussion Neglected Pokémon in the TCG

well the good news is a few negleted pokemon got cards
the bad news is no deerling & sawsbuck

well the good news is a few negleted pokemon got cards
the bad news is no deerling & sawsbuck

Deerling is actually in the M-Audino deck, and will probably be printed in English in Fates Collide. There doesn't seem to be a matching Sawsbuck, though.

Zangoose :( My poor baby has been neglected as to say there hasn't been a good one in a long time. Also, Grass-types in general. Lack the speed and power combos of most of the other types with the exception maybe being Metal.

Deerling is actually in the M-Audino deck, and will probably be printed in English in Fates Collide. There doesn't seem to be a matching Sawsbuck, though.
I still have hope there is a Sawsbuck in that deck. I think the chance is pretty slim, especially since TPC likes to do incomplete lines in theme/half decks, but given how many Pokemon have returned the past few weeks I'm (kinda) hopeful they are going to continue the trend... maybe.

I still have hope there is a Sawsbuck in that deck. I think the chance is pretty slim, especially since TPC likes to do incomplete lines in theme/half decks, but given how many Pokemon have returned the past few weeks I'm (kinda) hopeful they are going to continue the trend... maybe.

The problem with that is that Deerling is 001 and Fennekin is 002. Unless they made a colorless Sawsbuck, I guess, but that seems unlikely.

This is getting ridiculous. XY10 officially has Seel, Dewgong, Burmy, Wormadam (all types), and Mothim.

Additionally, Barbaracle finally got another card.

At least half of the Pokemon mentioned in my first post have been revealed since typing it up!

Yay, well dewgong/seel finally got a card. ^^
Too bad, it looks just like a filler card with no competitive use at all. :(

I'm hoping some of these neglected Pokémon like Rampardos and Armaldo get megas in Sun and Moon so Pokémon can remember they exist and make cards for them.

I'd like to see some more Fossil Megas as well. After spending hours upon hours fossil hunting in XY and filling up a dozen boxes in hopes of eventually getting a Shiny Fossil Pokemon, I've grown quite attached to most of them.

Ramparados in particular hasn't been appreciated enough. Seeing a Mega Ramp (and accompanying cards) would be pretty awesome.

I'd like to see a Mega Kabutops too someday... but I'm afraid it'd just end up looking like Genesect. :p

Nidoking was the first Pokemon I ever got to level 100 (back in 1998). I am disappointed that Nidoran (F) got a line in Primal Clash but there is still no XY Nidoking.

Not to mention Ancient trait Nidoqueen (69/160) was a decently playable card but Plasma Freeze Nidoking was a joke.

Nidoking doesn't get enough love in general really. Such a cool design but not the stats to back it up in either the game or card game.

Last edited:
Pokemon such as Sentret/Furret, Pachirisu, Emolga, Plusle/Minun, Ambipom, Cherubi and quite a lot of Gen 4 pokemon in fact have not had a card in years.

Eventhough Ledyba was printed in the XY Base Set, I really want a new print of it! Isn't it cute? :p
And I want to see Mareep that was last printed in Dragons Exalted.
Hoppip, Aipom, Mantine and more.

For Mega Pokémon, I'd like to see M Banette, Beedrill and Pidgeot!

All pokemon that havent had pokemon cards in any XY sets
Ekans & Arbok
Mankey & Primeape
Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam
Farfetch'd
Seel & Dewgong
Onix & Steelix
Koffing & Weezing
Scyther
Ditto
Omanyte & Omastar (even though its much love in xy10)
Kabuto & Kabutops
Aerodactyl (might get reprint in xy10?)
Moltres
Mew
Pichu
Cleffa
Igglybuff
Mareep & Flaaffy
Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff
Aipom
Sunkern & Sunflora
Umbreon (ex in xy10)
Shuckle
Delibird
Mantine
Houndour
Phanpy & Donphan
Tyrogue
Smoochum
Elekid
Magby
Larvitar & Pupitar
Celebi (does have promos from xy)
Azuril
Wailmer
Zangoose (got double crisis but still)
Seviper (got double crisis but still)
Lileep & Cradily
Anorith & Armaldo
Castform
Kecleon
Chimecho
Wynaut
Snorunt (but got generations)
Latias
Turtwig and Chimchar line
Budew
Cranidos & Rampardos
Shieldon & Bastidon
Burmy, Wormadam, Motham
Cherubi & Cherrim
Shellos & Gastrodon
Ambipom
Drifloon & Drifblim
Chingling
Bonsly
Mime Jr.
Happiny
Munchlax
Riolu
Croagunk
Carnivine
Mantyke
Froslass (but got generations)
Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf
Phione
Arceus
The Unova starters (excluding emboar)
Audino (but may get in xy10 for english)
Throu & Sawk
Basculin
Darumaka & Darmanitan
Dwebble & Crustle
Yamask & Cofagrigus
Tirtuga & Carracosta
Archen & Archeops
Minchino & Cinchino
Solosis, Duosion, & Reuniclus
Deering & Sawsbuck
Foongus & Amoongus
Klink, Klang, and Klinklang