Need Technological Help (iPhone 4) - Fixed Thanks Guys

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
iPhone 4, New

Settings > Phone > My Number and it says "Unknown"

How do I get my phone number in there? Thanks.

I will have follow up questions.

RE: Need Technological Help (iPhone 4)

I never had to input my number, it just came with it. Right now it lets me edit in any number I want by pressing it. It doesn't let you press the 'My Number' field?

I did a quick search on Google, and found this:

1. Turn on Airplane Mode - You will notice that you can not access your phone settings while airplane mode is on.
2. Turn off Airplane Mode and Immediately go to your phone settings and click on the unknown number tab and you will be able to manually enter your number. After this you should also get a message from imessage saying that you might be charged some amout or something like that. Say okay and you are all set to go. Hopefully this helps for regular messaging also, my regualr messaging was already working only imessage was going through my email and not as my no. Enjoy!!!

Let me know if it helps.

I tried it already but nope.

Are you sure you even have a number / bought a subscription from an operator? :B

I honestly don’t know what we can do for you here… If I were you, I would contact Apple Support, and see what recommendations they have. Your mobile carrier wouldn't be knowledgeable about Apple products/issues, and apart from Googling solutions, I don’t think we’re going to be much help.

If you have access to another phone, I would strongly recommend calling Apple Support instead of emailing them (faster responses, and they’re much more knowledgeable. I’ve never had a good customer experience with Apple over email). Or you could always take it into a Mac store.

Anyways, that's all I have.

It might actually be an issue with your carrier. You could probably just take it to the carrier and get some help at their store, or call a phone number and they can tell you what's up. Apple support might be good to talk to as well, as it might be a phone issue instead of a network issue.

Shining Raikou said:
It might actually be an issue with your carrier. You could probably just take it to the carrier and get some help at their store, or call a phone number and they can tell you what's up. Apple support might be good to talk to as well, as it might be a phone issue instead of a network issue.

Yeah I decided just to call them and they fixed it after a couple times going through their automatic phone service.

Back