General Need Spanish Help

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by Chris Teves, Nov 7, 2018 at 10:09 AM.

1. Chris Teves Poké Legend
    Chris Teves

Hello everyone,
    I'm currently in a Spanish 3 class at school and I need help with reflexive verbs. Can anyone give me tips on how to conjugate with them? Google isn't much help!

Thanks!

DragonFang101 likes this.

2. Vom 97% caffeine 3% lack of sleep
    Vom

Spanish verbs are incredibly hard to properly conjugate if you're not a native speaker of the language. If you have to master various tenses, try learning your verbs in the present first, then move on to the next, and so on and so forth. Other tenses tend to be variations of the present forms, but there are a LOT of irregular verbs. Your best bet is honestly just memorizing them.

Chris Teves likes this.
  3. DragonFang101 Dragon-type Pokemon Trainer
    DragonFang101

Glad to hear you're taking your third year of Spanish! I've studied Spanish for only two years but because I had a private instructor I was able to learn a lot!
    So as you may already know, the reflexive form of a Spanish verb has "se" at the end of it. The use is as follows:
    Lavar- to wash
    Lavarse- to wash onesself

So the way to conjugate these verbs is by memorizing these reflexive verbs:
    me (myself)
    te (yourself)
    se (himself, herself, yourself)
    nos (ourselves)
    os (yourselves)
    se (themselves, yourselves)

and using them before the reflexive verb! Once you memorize these pronouns it becomes much easier.
    Yo lavo- I wash
    Yo me lavarse- I wash myself

Hope this helps!

Chris Teves likes this.
  4. Chris Teves Poké Legend
    Chris Teves

This does really help! But, do I still conjugate the verb if I'm using it in reflexive? For example, do I keep it as Yo me lavarse, or do I change it like normal like Yo me lavo or yo me lavose? I've also noticed there are some instances where the reflexive part comes at the end of a verb, like lavarme. How do I know when to put it at the front or end?

Thanks for all the help! This really does help!

5. Vom 97% caffeine 3% lack of sleep
    Vom

You always conjugate it unless you're using lavarse. (Yo me lavo, tu te lavas, etc.) It always goes in the beginning unless you're saying something like "I went to wash myself" in which case you'd say "fui a lavarme".

6. DragonFang101 Dragon-type Pokemon Trainer
    DragonFang101

Vom's post above explains it ^ ^

7. Chris Teves Poké Legend
    Chris Teves

Ah, I see. Okay thanks! I'm going to practice a little more, but thanks for all the help! I think I'm getting it now!

8. Mariano11887 Goalkeeper
    Mariano11887

Hi Chris. I'm Argentinian and a native Spanish speaker. Any help you might need with Spanish feel free to ask me.

9. bbb888 same user name as my YouTube channel
    bbb888

Hey, I need some help with Spanish as well.. How do you say, "Are you a Pokemon Trainer? Because you just captured my heart!" in Spanish?
    Or how about "Girl, you make my Onix evolve into Steelix"?

10. DragonFang101 Dragon-type Pokemon Trainer
    DragonFang101

Wanna see my Master Balls?

11. Mariano11887 Goalkeeper
    Mariano11887

When I offered my help, I was referring to help to understand grammar rules or how to compose a sentence correctly. What you are asking can be easily done with Google Translate.

I wonder if this complies with the forum rules.

12. DragonFang101 Dragon-type Pokemon Trainer
    DragonFang101

If anyone has a problem I'll just post this

13. Mariano11887 Goalkeeper
    Mariano11887

Do you see the difference between what Chris originally asked and what bbb888 asked?

14. DragonFang101 Dragon-type Pokemon Trainer
    DragonFang101

Ah yes. I was thinking there would be penalties for a different reason.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

GrandPanacea, Juliacoolo, Tails