Help Need some opinions on a Fairy Deck

Ourian

Aspiring Trainer
What's going on, everyone! It's been quite some time, but I have decided to get back into the game and my friend told me about this site, saying that everyone here is always willing to help out a trainer in need :)

So I am revamping my Xerneas deck a bit, but I need some help. My friend has given me some cards to help me along for now. Below is my Deck List

Pokemon
[3] Gardevoir EX {Steam Seige}
[2] M Gardevoir EX {Generations Radiant Collection}
[4] Eevee {Sun and Moon}
[3] Sylveon GX {Guardians Rising}
[3] Xerneas {Steam Seige}
[2] Xerneas BREAK {Steam Seige}

Supporter
[2] Lysandre {Ancient Origins}
[3] Skyla {BREAKpoint}
[3] Tierno {BREAKpoint}
[2] Professor Sycamore {BREAKpoint}
[3] Team Flare Grunt {Generations}

Item/Tools
[2] Vs Seeker {Phantom Forces}
[2] Gardevoir Spirit Link {Steam Seige}
[3] Ultra Ball {Sun and Moon}
[3] Nest Ball {Sun and Moon}
[2] Super Rod {BREAKthrough}
[3] Exp. Share {Sun and Moon}

Stadium
[3] Fairy Garden {Fates Collide}

Energy
[12] Fairy Energy Basic

It was a typical Stall Deck, constantly switching my opponent's pokemon out so that they couldn't attack while I Geomancy until I have about 6-8 Energy, then I would bring out M Gardevoir EX or Xerneas BREAK to dish out the damage.

But now I want to utilize the new Gardevoir GX so I can ramp my energies a lot faster, which will also mean that I will need to build a deck that will consistently tutor out exactly what I need ans when I need it, including fairy energies, especially since I lose my buddy, Lysandre, in September who was an amazing assist in keeping my opponents from attacking me constantly.

I'm thinking cards like Brigette will be useful since she will dig out my Ralts and Eevees, as well as Xerneas when needed. That alongside Sylveon GX and Nest Ball, as well as Ultra Ball on occasion, should be good Pokemon tutors.

I'm also thinking of good ways to tutor energies to the hand so that Gardevoir GX's skill will be put to good use. Not too much, though, since I still want Geomancy to work properly.

Any assistance and ideas are welcome! Just PLEASE don't be one of those guys/gals who just go on and say "Here's my advice: Don't build it!"

I wouldn't recommend running Xerneas with Gardevoir GX. I know it sounds tempting, but you're better off running Diancie or Alolan Vulpix. You want to get out multiple Gardevoir as quick as possible and Xearneas doesn't help you do that. Once you get Gardevoir out, you're able to accelerate energies anyways.

I tried running Sylveon GX in my Gardevoir deck and it didn't work for me at all. Not saying it wouldn't work for you, but I was N'd every time after I used Magical Ribbon. My advice would be to run thick Supporter and Item counts for consistency and focus on getting Gardevoir out ASAP and then stack energies instead of the other way around.

Okay cool. So I would assume that

4 Ralts
3 Diancie
3 Alolan Vulpix
3 Kirlia
2 Alolan Ninetales GX
3 Gardevoir GX

Would make a halfway decent Pokemon lineup?

What else would you use?

Okay cool. So I would assume that

4 Ralts
3 Diancie
3 Alolan Vulpix
3 Kirlia
2 Alolan Ninetales GX
3 Gardevoir GX

Would make a halfway decent Pokemon lineup?

What else would you use?

Running 3 Diancie AND 3 Alolan Vulpix is too much. You should only run Diancie OR Vulpix, and only two copies of the one you pick. Even if you go with Vulpix, I don't recommend playing Ninetales because it serves no purpose in a Gardevoir deck. Here's the Pokemon lineup I use:

4 Ralts
3 Kirlia
4 Gardevoir GX
2 Diancie
1 Oranguru
3 Tapu Lele GX

Straightforward and to the point. I prefer Diancie over Alolan Vulpix because you get the guaranteed evolution with it's Sparkling Wish attack. From my experience, running 4 Gardevoir is needed. You'll have games where one is prized and you have to discard one with Sycamore or something. You want to get out as many as you can so maxing out the Gardevoir count helps you do that. Oranguru is my draw support that can also be powered up by Gardevoir's ability real quick to take down the new Alolan Ninetales from BuS that blocks EXs/GXs. Some people prefer to run Octillery for their draw support but if you do then you want to add in one Gallade so you have an answer to the new Ninetales. 3 Tapu Lele is just the standard going forward with VS Seeker rotating out, and it works well with Gardevoir since it can be stacked up with energies too if needed.

Okay cool

So would Sylveon GX be a viable replacement for the time being, since Tapu Lele GX is going for like $34? Currently don't have the cash to go buying those yet lol

Also, what kind of supporters and items would you recommend?

VS Seeker was also lost in the rotation, you'll have to find replacements for those two as well, just saying.

Yeah I know, as well as Lysandre T_T

I have been fiddling with deck lists left and right for Gardevoir GX the last 2 days. I have currently come up with the following:
Pokemon
[4] Ralts BREAKthrough
[3] Kirlia Burning Shadows
[3] Gardevoir GX Burning Shadows
[1] Gallade BREAKthrough
[2] Remoraid BREAKthrough
[2] Octillery BREAKthrough
[2] Tapu Lele GX Guardians Rising

Supporters
[2] Acerola Burning Shadows
[1] Brigette BREAKthrough
[3] Professor Sycamore BREAKpoint
[2] Skyla BREAKthrough
[1] Fisherman BREKthrough
[3] N Fates Collide
[2] Guzma Burning Shadows

Items
[4] Rare Candy SM Base Set
[4] Ultra Ball SM Base Set
[2] Energy Retrieval SM Base Set
[2] Super Rod BREAKthrough
[3] Professor's Letter BREAKthrough

Tools
[3] Choice Band Guardians Rising

Energies
[7] Fairy Energy
[4] Double Colorless Energy

Since this is a deck that relies heavily on energy, I would 11/10 recommend you play around 10-15 fairy energy. The new
Ribombee from Burning Shadows really helps in this deck, it allows you to search for 2 basic energy each turn. In my opinion, I would take out 1 or both of the Octillery lines and replace them with Ribombee lines due to the fact that Ribombee gets you what you NEED, energy! If you decide to take out both Octillery lines, add a Oranguru and a rescue stretcher or two. If you still have room, add energy.

If you still have questions, feel free to ask!

Since this is a deck that relies heavily on energy, I would 11/10 recommend you play around 10-15 fairy energy. The new
Ribombee from Burning Shadows really helps in this deck, it allows you to search for 2 basic energy each turn. In my opinion, I would take out 1 or both of the Octillery lines and replace them with Ribombee lines due to the fact that Ribombee gets you what you NEED, energy! If you decide to take out both Octillery lines, add a Oranguru and a rescue stretcher or two. If you still have room, add energy.

If you still have questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you for mentioning that Ribombee! Geez thats an awesome ability! Definitely going into the deck lol

Also, what else would you do to this decklist? I really want to make this deck work and any help would be very much appreciated.

Would Evosoda be beneficial to help get Ribombee on the field?

Last edited:
Thank you for mentioning that Ribombee! Geez thats an awesome ability! Definitely going into the deck lol

Also, what else would you do to this decklist? I really want to make this deck work and any help would be very much appreciated.

Would Evosoda be beneficial to help get Ribombee on the field?
Evosoda would possibly work, but I would play Alolan Vulpix early on to get everything out fast. Beware of N though.

EDIT: or the new Diance, but it's a bit too slow for my taste :p

Okay, so here is what I have come up with so far, with suggestions from everyone (I havent included Rescue Stretchers yet since I don't know what I would take out for them honestly)
Pokemon
[4] Ralts BREAKthrough
[4] Gardevoir GX Burning Shadows
[2] Cutiefly Burning Shadows
[2] Ribombee Burning Shadows

Supporters
[3] N Fates Collide

Items
[3] Evosoda Generations
[2] Professor's Letter BREAKthrough

Tools

Energies
[13] Fairy Energy

As awesome as the Octillery ability is, as well as Alolan Vulpix, I agree that the Energy Ramp is much needed in the deck as well.
Debating on whether I should keep the Professor's Letters in there now that Ribombee is included.
Also debating on cards like N. I know how good N is, but he can eventually become a problem in the late game.
Something else I would like to add to the deck would be something like Hau or Great Ball, maybe even Shauna (If she is still legal to play) Something to help me dig through the deck more without having to keep discarding my hand to do so (Sycamore)

Okay, so here is what I have come up with so far, with suggestions from everyone (I havent included Rescue Stretchers yet since I don't know what I would take out for them honestly)
Pokemon
[4] Ralts BREAKthrough
[4] Gardevoir GX Burning Shadows
[2] Cutiefly Burning Shadows
[2] Ribombee Burning Shadows

Supporters
[3] N Fates Collide

Items
[3] Evosoda Generations
[2] Professor's Letter BREAKthrough

Tools

Energies
[13] Fairy Energy

As awesome as the Octillery ability is, as well as Alolan Vulpix, I agree that the Energy Ramp is much needed in the deck as well.
Debating on whether I should keep the Professor's Letters in there now that Ribombee is included.
Also debating on cards like N. I know how good N is, but he can eventually become a problem in the late game.
Something else I would like to add to the deck would be something like Hau or Great Ball, maybe even Shauna (If she is still legal to play) Something to help me dig through the deck more without having to keep discarding my hand to do so (Sycamore)
If you really want to take out N, try either Wicke or Sophocles

Back