Help Need help with some rules

Mishima

Aspiring Trainer
Hello everybody!

I apologize if this is not the right place to ask these questions, or if they have been asked before. I’m new to this forum and to the Pokemon trading card game, and I have some questions I hope somebody can answer.

1. The Pokemon Communication card. It says to put the pokemon you reveal on top of your deck, and then tells you to shuffle your deck... Is it supposed to be shuffled in with all the other cards or stay on top? When I play the online game it gets shuffled in, but why then does it specifically tell you top put it on top???

2. When you use trainers such as Wally, Skyla, Ultra Ball or Level Ball, when you search your deck and you don't want any of the cards in there, do you have to choose a card or can you dismiss it and discard your trainer card, so that you can take advantage of Oranguru's ability or Bianca to draw cards until you have X cards in your hand, so that you may draw one more card by the trainer you used? Or use the trainer Switch i.e. when you don't have any pokemon on your bench?

3. Chandelure's Flare Navigate. What happens when you search your deck for a Fire Energy and there is no more left, do you still have to put 1 damage token on the chosen pokemon? And can you use this knowingly, to put on damage tokens on i.e. White Kyurem to boost his attack?

Thank you for any answers!

1. Shuffle it in.

2. You only have to select cards when it says you must or you are drawing from the discard which is public knowledge. So for instance you can Ultra Ball to drop you hand size to use an Oranguru or Octillary, but not select any Pokemon even if you have them since the deck is not public knowledge.

3. It says 'if you search AND attach' then put a damage counter, so you would need to perform both actions to trigger the damage counter. If you whiff, nothing happens.
(I'm open to second opinions on that one, but that's how I read it.)

1. Outdated wording, that's all. It gets shuffled in.

2. Any time you are told to search your deck for a specific card, you allowed to fail that search. The deck's contents are private, and the game does not know what is in your deck. So even if you and your opponent both know you're lying, the game does not. Contrast this with cards that instruct you to search your deck for "a card" like Computer Search. This you are not allowed to fail; while the game does not know the specific cards in your deck, it does know that you have cards in your deck, so you have to take one.

You cannot play a card for no game effect. You can't play Switch with no Bench because that's the only effect the card has. Since you can't do that, the card would have no effect, and so you can't play the card as a result.

3. The power says "if you do" so you only damage if you do the first part.

Back