• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Need help with Raichu deck

Articuno_Aria

Articuno is UNO for a reason
I was finally able to build my Raichu deck 2 weeks ago, and it hasn't been playing as well as I had hoped. Am I missing something? Any advice is appreciated

*Pokemon (19)*
-Pikachu (70 HP promo) x4
- Raichu GX x3
- Raichu (BUS) x1
- Tapu Lele GX x2
- Raikou (SHL) x3
- Raikou (BKT) x1
- 1-1-1 Magnazone line (BKT)
-Tapu Koko GX x1
- Xurkitree GX x1

*Trainers (28)*
- N x3
- Brigette x2
- Guzma x3
- Professor Sycamore x2
- Sophocles x1
- Acerola x1
- Lusamine x1
- Clemont x1
- Gladion x1
- Ultra Ball x4
- Choice Band x3
- Exp Share x2
- Wishful Baton x1
- Field Blower x2
- Rescue Stretcher x1

* Lightning Energy (13)*

-1 Raichu (BUS)
-1 Raikou (BKT)
-1 Sophocles
-1 Acerola
-1 Lusamine
-1 Clemont
-1 Gladion
-1 Wishful Baton

+1 Magnemite
+1 Magnezone
+1 Oranguru
+1 Super Rod]
+1 Professor Sycamore
+3 Max Elixir

just drop the Magnezone line completely. Max out Max Elixirs and Draw support like Sycamore and N. Don't bother with Wishful Baton.

My list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 14

* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 4 Pikachu PR-SM SM81
* 3 Raichu-GX SLG 75
* 2 Raikou SLG 32
* 1 Tapu Koko-GX GRI 135
* 3 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137

##Trainer Cards - 33

* 4 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Rescue Stretcher BUS 165
* 4 N FCO 105
* 2 Exp. Share SUM 118
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Guzma BUS 143
* 2 Brigette BKT 161
* 3 Choice Band BUS 162
* 2 Field Blower GRI 163
* 4 Max Elixir BKP 102

##Energy - 13

* 13 Lightning Energy 4

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I built it before CRI came out. I think Xurkitree could be a cool inclusion in here.

Whenever my playtest group played Raichu, we played 4 of the GX, since you're almost always going to load energy on more than 2 Pikachu, so if you prize or discard one of the 3, you only get 2 for the game until you draw your Pokemon recovery. It's the same concept to why Turbo Dark played 4 Darkrai. Drop the Mag line. Card is inconsistent, terrible, and a waste of space if you prize any piece of the line. It may sound strange, but we also played 4 Lele and no Oranguru/ Koko. We also didn't play BKT Raikou, and it actually the very first card we dropped from the list. And we were playing Shining Ho-oh. Straight forward is the best direction for Said hi to go, seeing the way it plays, and the only tech we're playing is Xurkitree GX, which is super baller and does work with 3 Energy. Gardy matchup goes from 40-60 to 55-45, as long as you don't prize it. Drop every one-of supporter except Acerola and max out N and Sycamore counts, consistency is the only viable way to play this deck. I personally like 4 Choice Band and 3 exp share for, again, consistency. We also played Super Rod and 14 Lightning Energy since we didn't care about Pokemon recovery as much as Energy recovery, since you NEVER want to whiff Energy. Raichu has good matchups across the board, and very few bad ones, which is a big strong point about the deck. I'm actually playing it in a League Cup this upcoming weekend, so if I place well, I'll post my list

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! Here is my updated decklist (updated 12-10-17)

*Pokemon (19)*
- Pikachu SHL (70 HP promos) x4
-Raichu GX (SHL) x3
-Raikou (SHL) x3
-Tapu Lele GX (GUR) x2
- 2-1-2 Magnazone line (BKT)
-Xurkitree GX (CRI promo) x1
-Tapu Koko GX (GUR) x1

*Trainer Cards (28)*
-Professor Sycamore x4
-N x3
-Guzma x3
-Brigette x2
-Ultra Ball x4
-Max Elixir x4
-Choice Band x3
-Exp Share x2
-Field Blower x2
-Rescue Stretcher x1

* Lightning Energy (13)*

-I've only play tested it against my own Golisopod deck and it won best 2 of 3, but I'm hopefully that it will prove victorious at league on Saturday

That list is looking a lot better but I think you're still putting too much stock in Magnezone. It's good in theory if you can get it into play, but it increases the number of moving parts in your deck (also you have a 2-1-2 line but you seem to be missing rare candies so it is impossible to get more than one Magnezone onto the field). Once again I'd remove the Magnezone line completely. Either swap Stretcher for Super Rod or split 1-1. I like my Exp Share at 3 because if you place one on your bench early on you might bait out a field blower because they even have a knockout. You could also run a Raikou from Breakthrough (replacing one of the SHL ones) as a solid single prize attacker. You should definitely work in an Oranguru.

I agree with CaptZero. An Oranguru with definitely help you a lot, and the Magnazone line should go. There's better stuff that can be worked in

I agree with CaptZero. An Oranguru with definitely help you a lot, and the Magnazone line should go. There's better stuff that can be worked in

So what would you replace the magnazone lines with? I see Oranguru and a Super Rod, anything else?

That list is looking a lot better but I think you're still putting too much stock in Magnezone. It's good in theory if you can get it into play, but it increases the number of moving parts in your deck (also you have a 2-1-2 line but you seem to be missing rare candies so it is impossible to get more than one Magnezone onto the field). Once again I'd remove the Magnezone line completely. Either swap Stretcher for Super Rod or split 1-1. I like my Exp Share at 3 because if you place one on your bench early on you might bait out a field blower because they even have a knockout. You could also run a Raikou from Breakthrough (replacing one of the SHL ones) as a solid single prize attacker. You should definitely work in an Oranguru.

I did have the Breakthough one in the original deck, but I havent been able to tap into it's full potential

So what would you replace the magnazone lines with? I see Oranguru and a Super Rod, anything else?

Lets see, with the Magnezone line gone and the addition of Oranguru and Super Rod you're missing three slots. I think the easiest way to patch this up would be to max out your Guzma and N counts and add a third Tapu Lele. I also mentioned that I like having a third EXP Share. I'd say if you don't have a third Tapu Lele that's an acceptable replacement.

Back