Help Need Expanded Zoroark Advice (no Exodia build)

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
Hi guys!

I've recently got 3 Zoroark GX and I would like to play them in my local league and League Challenges. Although we play expanded, there is more like a casual level (since excluding 4-5, the rest don't even play League Cups), so I wouldn't like to bring Exodia-level builds if I can avoid it. Is there any other viable Zoroark GX build that is good enough to win (or at least make top 4) the League Challenges and is not a pain for those other casual players?

I've been thinking about a speedy Zoroark GX deck with Circle Circuit Raichu, but that would make the deck too weak to both [F] and Field Blower. I've a Ditto Prism Star, so I can tech any Stage 1 pokemon, as long as I have it in my collection.

Decks using Zoroark with [P] type attackers is other option that I've though, but I'm not sure which could I play.

Any ideas, for those or other options?

Consider running Zoroark GX with Garbodor (Trash) which can protect your main attackers from primary F Pokémon threats, like Buzzwole/Buzzwole GX.

With your inclusion of DC energy (most likely), this will provide you with a variety of other supporting Pokémon too.

Scan the Deck Garage Forum for potential Zoroark GX based decks for further ideas.

Thanks @TuxedoBlack for answering!

I looked the Deck Garage before posting, but most of the newest Zoroark decks were just updates of Zoroark/Glaceon.

What about the other thing I said? Do you think that it could work with Raichu, even if both share weakness? Maybe the deck could be fast enough to make it not matter.

Thanks @TuxedoBlack for answering!

I looked the Deck Garage before posting, but most of the newest Zoroark decks were just updates of Zoroark/Glaceon.

What about the other thing I said? Do you think that it could work with Raichu, even if both share weakness? Maybe the deck could be fast enough to make it not matter.
I think you have some interesting options. For example, you could run:

4 Zorua (Moonlight Madness - my preferred Basic)
3 Zoroark GX
1 Zoroark (Stand In)

4 Pikachu
2 Raichu (Circle Circuit)
2 Raichu GX

3 Poipole
2 Naganadel
1 Naganadel GX

These last 6 Pokémon could be quite helpful for 2 reasons: 1. Raichu GX's first attack will get boosted by all L energy you have in play and Naganadel can recover discarded Basic energy. 2. Naganadel GX will counter Buzzwole GX and Buzzwole.

The Raichu GX is another, different attack option which could also be useful.

Also consider incorporating a few Weakness Policy.

I hope you find these comments useful.

Back