• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Necrozma/Metagross GX

Shinylotad

Aspiring Trainer
I've been using this deck since Connecticut regionals, though going 3-6-0 should've been my wake up call to disband this deck, I'm determined to continue expanding ideas for the deck to make it work optimally. I'm open to any suggestions, I'll put my current build below this. I've tried many, many builds, Chaos wheel with Mismagius, Nihilego GX nonsense, Silvally GX, expanded Dimension Valley but I personally don't enjoy expanded, Drampa GX Po town, an uncomfortable Mega TTar EX spread that I'll never touch again. You understand. I'm open to any suggestions. any fun odd ideas, whatever you got. Here's the list of my current build

Pokemon: 19
Necrozma GX-3 (BUS)
Metagross GX-4 (GUR)
Metang-3 (GUR)
Beldum-4 (GUR)
Kartana GX-1 (CRI)
Registeel-1 (CRI)
Octillery-1 (BreakThrough)
Remoraid-1 (BreakThrough)
Alolan Vulpix-1 (GUR)

Supporters: 10
Professor Sycamore-3
N-3
Guzma-2
Skyla-1
Bridgette-1

Items: 19
Rare Candy-3
Ultra Ball-3
Choice Band-3
Max Potion-2
Max Elixir-2
Float Stone-2
Field Blower-2
Rescue Stretcher-1
Switch-1

Stadium:1
Parallel City-1 (Want to bump to two I only own one)

Energies:11
Psychic-8
Steel-3

du5k

Aspiring Trainer
Hey man, I've also been really committed to Metagross since its release In guardians rising, I picked up necrozma from BUS and have been running the deck since the release of BUS. My deck uses Ninja Boy & Mimikyu for easy revenge kills, two tech cards that work fantastically in the deck, oh what's that gardevoir dead! I would personally drop Registeel and the float stones and replace them with another Guzma (and the previously mentioned ninja boy & mimikyu)
Some other cards I've had success with in this deck:
Tapu Koko (Promo)
Olivia

Also is recommend having a 5-6 energy line rather than 3-8, you want to be able to attack with metagross :p
I may not be the best Metagross player but it's a fun deck to try a variety of one off techs.
When Ultra Prism releases perhaps run a Cyrus (duh.) and the plethora of steel support cards being released.

Hope this was helpful.

Shinylotad

Aspiring Trainer
Hey man, I've also been really committed to Metagross since its release In guardians rising, I picked up necrozma from BUS and have been running the deck since the release of BUS. My deck uses Ninja Boy & Mimikyu for easy revenge kills, two tech cards that work fantastically in the deck, oh what's that gardevoir dead! I would personally drop Registeel and the float stones and replace them with another Guzma (and the previously mentioned ninja boy & mimikyu)
Some other cards I've had success with in this deck:
Tapu Koko (Promo)
Olivia

Also is recommend having a 5-6 energy line rather than 3-8, you want to be able to attack with metagross :p
I may not be the best Metagross player but it's a fun deck to try a variety of one off techs.
When Ultra Prism releases perhaps run a Cyrus (duh.) and the plethora of steel support cards being released.

Hope this was helpful.
Thank you for your suggestion, I see you play the deck with a Metagross lead instead of Necrozma like how I play it, I use geotech to constantly recycle psychic energies back onto Necrozma, hit 190 for three psychic, 220 with Choice Band. Of course that's 10 shy from taking out Gardevoir, but I usually have good matchups against it regardless. I personally never enjoyed playing Metagross as a primary attacker, and I plan on removing it for that crazy Solgaleo GX that's coming out in that box in March, might be a bit more slower than just teching my energies back but who knows maybe it'll be amazing.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
I prefer focusing on Metagross, but think shifting the focus to Necrozma could be fun.

No Tapu Lele GX? This deck needs it. I'm assuming you don't have any at the moment which is why they're not included, but I'd remove the Kartana GX, Registeel, and Octillery line for 3 Tapu Lele GX and an Oranguru. Tapu Lele just adds so much consistency.

Other than that, I recommend maxing out some of your counts, specifically your Sycamore, N, and Ultra Balls.

Jacktropolis

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely needs Tapu Lele GX and I'm just not a huge fan of the 1-1 octillery line if one's prized you're in a really bad spot....if you're going to run 11 energy I would suggest 7 metal 4 psychic and use Metagross more as an attacker and use Necrozma more for its gx move or if you need to take a big KO....if you're all in for octillery I would cut a Necrozma and kartana to make it a 2-2 line

winklebort

Aspiring Trainer
@Shinylotad I liked your deck, so tried it out with some variation, based partly on what cards I had in my PTCGO account. Admittedly, I am 5 and 7 with the list below, but still tweaking, and maybe some ideas in here for you? Got rid of Kartana, and Registeele for 2 tapus leles. Might not be an option for you, but not sure I'd win any without 'em. Between them and ultra balls, I have a 47% of getting Brigette, and a turn 1 Brigette is highly advantageous.

I also swapped Parallel City for Altar of the Moone. There are just so many cases where I am stuck with someone I don't want in active, or I have a max elixir that will make that game if I can retreat out of active position.

Also, note Acerola. She's just so good late game, and has a similar effect to a max potion, but let's you put back your Necrozma *and* put back an energy. With two Metagross' on the bench that means you are knocking out a lot gx and ex.

Thinking about going with 2 Fighting Fury Belt instead of choice band, since I can hit 180 with just an FFB.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Beldum GRI 83
* 3 Metang GRI 84
* 4 Metagross-GX GRI 85
* 2 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 3 N NVI 92
* 2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 1 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103

##Energy - 11

* 8 Psychic Energy Energy 5
* 3 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Last edited:

pikachuuuu101

Custom Title
@Shinylotad I liked your deck, so tried it out with some variation, based partly on what cards I had in my PTCGO account. Admittedly, I am 5 and 7 with the list below, but still tweaking, and maybe some ideas in here for you? Got rid of Kartana, and Registeele for 2 tapus leles. Might not be an option for you, but not sure I'd win any without 'em. Between them and ultra balls, skyla for ultra ball (expensive), I have a 54% of getting Brigette, and a turn 1 Brigette is highly advantageous.

I also swapped Parallel City for Altar of the Moone. There are just so many cases where I am stuck with someone I don't want in active, or I have a max elixir that will make that game if I can retreat out of active position.

Also, note Acerola. She's just so good late game, and has a similar effect to a max potion, but let's you put back your Necrozma *and* put back an energy. With two Metagross' on the bench that means you are knocking out a lot gx and ex.

Thinking about going with 2 Fighting Fury Belt instead of choice band, since I can hit 180 with just an FFB.

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 15

* 3 Beldum GRI 83
* 3 Metang GRI 84
* 4 Metagross-GX GRI 85
* 2 Necrozma-GX BUS 63
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
* 1 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21

##Trainer Cards - 34

* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 3 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 Choice Band GRI 121
* 3 Rare Candy SUM 129
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 1 Skyla BKT 148
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 3 N NVI 92
* 2 Altar of the Moone GRI 117
* 1 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 2 Max Potion BKP 103

##Energy - 11

* 8 Psychic Energy Energy 5
* 3 Metal Energy Energy 8

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
Why just 3 beldum? You run 4 metagros

Shinylotad

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry I haven't replied to anyone here, I've been more focused on my life outside of Pokemon lately, besides the fact having nobody to play with kinda puts a dent on my enthusiasm to continue Pokemon as a major hobby. I do appreciate all the comments I enjoy your suggestions and allow me to address a few anteaters in the room. There's no Lele because I definitely can't afford something like that in good conscience, and I'm personally not a fan of Lele, as I feel my bench space is more precious than a supporter, though that can definitely be argued for this deck to work optimally I would prefer having three Metagross on my bench, Lele taking up one space already makes it difficult to do that. My deck has changed ever so slightly. Cynthia pretty much replaced N, I have one copy of N in the deck now only for late game disruption. Xurkitree replaced Kartana but I'm definitely removing that, alter of the moon instead of parallel city, testing Mars but it's still kinda iffy, not awful, this might not be the deck for that though, Lunala prism star because the acceleration mid to late game is nuts for a one prize Pokemon, and Oranguru instead of Octillery. The deck is still kinda fun, but I'm well aware Necrozma GX will be absolutely shunted out by Ultra Necrozma GX. It's just better, has the ultra beast support, more HP and a better typing.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Altar of the Moone isn't a good idea because with Metagross, it's better that you pay the full retreat cost so one Metagross' energy can be accelerated into a second with 3 Geotech Systems. This is especially important if you're forced to use Psychic energy for Giga Hammer.

While it's true that Lele takes up a bench space, the sheer utility of a free supporter search can't be ignored. As a stage 2 deck that aims to set up 3-4 Metagross quickly, the turn 1 Brigette is especially important.

Shinylotad

Aspiring Trainer
Altar of the Moone isn't a good idea because with Metagross, it's better that you pay the full retreat cost so one Metagross' energy can be accelerated into a second with 3 Geotech Systems. This is especially important if you're forced to use Psychic energy for Giga Hammer.

While it's true that Lele takes up a bench space, the sheer utility of a free supporter search can't be ignored. As a stage 2 deck that aims to set up 3-4 Metagross quickly, the turn 1 Brigette is especially important.
I definitely see where you're coming from, but my deck plays Necrozma GX as the primary attacker, hitting 190 for three psychic or 220 with choice band, the psychic energies discard themselves after attacking, then I geotech them back on Necrozma and hit again.