Pokemon Naming Your Character in Pokémon Games

RE: Naming Your Character in Pokemon Games

Besides Ryan(anyone wanna guess why?) I've only ever given myself a legit name once, being Caesar. Otherwise I've just used Ryan with different caps each time, or gave it something like uranus because I'm very mature.

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Mine is always something different, depending on the region. And every time I play a game of that region it's the same name. (I make up little biographies for each character I play and give her a name. Like a quick little OC, and slowly as I play the games, that little character and personality in my head grows and develops in my head! XD It's the best way to do it.)

So, for Kanto, it's Blue.
Johto is Soul. (Those two aren't so original I know.)
Hoenn is always Terra.
Sinnoh is always Maylene. (Almia too)
And Unova is always Amazon.

Fragile Memories

I'm getting all sentimenal lurking around here!

I usually do 'Zade' for everything. I don't know why, one day I was playing pearl and I typed in Zade. Guess what? It stuck. :p

Catchem

@thecatchem

I usually go with either Red or Ash. I wouldn't mind starting to do more names based off colors though. I probably will now.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Since I've been playing my game for a while now, I'll comment on my name choices through the years.

I named my character Ash for Red, Yellow, Silver and Crystal. When Ruby and Sapphire came out, I switched to my real name.

For BW2, I decided to try something different and go with the character's real name. I didn't like Nate much though, so I chose his German name, Tony. :)

J

Juliacoolo

Don't lie SR. You named him after me.

I'm hoping that in X and Y, your name will be some kind of global ID. That would be so useful.

Currently playing under Anthony.

Red Striker

VGC Trainer

I don't remember the names I gave in R/S - D/P...

Plat - Ash
HG - Cloud
SS - Odin
White - Seph (short for Sephiroth)
My second White - Damon (the cart came w/ that Name)
Black - Rikku (this was supposed to be a KH basing, but later I learned Riku was spelled w/ only one "k.")
W2 - Rae
B1 - RStrikr (this is my current battle cart )
My second W2 - (too inappropriate)
My second B2 - haven't started it yet.

EDIT: for the inappropriate one, just think of a word that starts with a peticular letter and has a certain amount of letters in it, add a comma after that word, then a space after the comma. Now, making sure the space is after the comma, after the space, put a capital "I."

I'm so mature.

Joshawott

words words words words

I usually just name them after myself. At NorCal Regionals last fall, the top 8 VGC seniors all had their characters named after themselves. The judges didn't think we were very original, lol

Meaty

You can't deny that Psyduck is beast. I guess.

I used to do my real name, but lately I've just been using Meaty, since it's close to my real name (in sound) and it's short and works for if I need to play online etc. I sometimes like to name my character Red or Gold when I'm playing my older games, though.

Oh, I almost forgot. A really funny thing some people like to do is name their characters things like "Uh, she", or "(censored), I" so that in game you see phrases like "Uh, she picked up a pokeball." or "(censored), I got a pokedex!"

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member

Meaty said:
Oh, I almost forgot. A really funny thing some people like to do is name their characters things like "Uh, she", or "(censored), I" so that in game you see phrases like "Uh, she picked up a pokeball." or "(censored), I got a pokedex!"

I actually plan to do that (with the latter) in the next game I get. Maybe.
But I go to tournaments, so that might be weird. I'll have to tone it down.

Red Striker

VGC Trainer

Meaty said:
or "(censored), I got a pokedex!"

Yep. That would be my secondary W2 OT. I'm thinking of restarting it though. I'm not that far, but I honestly don't know if VGC hack checks look at the OTs of Mons as well. If they do, then I for sure need to reset that file of mine.

Sunnychan

Aspiring Trainer

I just call myself by me real name.
It works for me. :3

daoneandonly

Retired Pokétuber

I've always named my character after my own name, Steven. That has led to some pretty awkward moments when meeting the ingame Steven (Something the lines of "I've heared of you Steven. I'm Steven"). White, which I bought after completing Black, was my first game choosing a girl as a character and I named her Hayley after the lead singer of the band Paramore.

Knowing that Black and Black 2 would have the option to intertwine stories, I deliberately choose to shorten my name to Steve to make him a different character. I might go crazy when picking out my next name though.

Pell_

Aspire to show up.
Re: Naming Your Character in Pokemon Games

I name mine Pell or Feye. Just random.

MewtwoPrevails

Hamachi Battler

I started with Red and have played every generation until White. (planning to play B2/W2 soon)

Every single time, I have named my character Psycho. And I have absolutely no clue why. *_*

SheNinja

Aspiring Trainer

Maybe it's because you are psycho :O Anyways, I usually name it after my real name, but in Black I decided to name my character "ZYZZYVA" just because it is the second-to-last word in the Scrabble dictionary (ZZZ being the last).

phenom98

charizard rules!

when a new game comes out i will usuall name the person after me. when i play the sequal or do a nuzlock i use the name katniss and rival will be peeta. if i play a game where only boys are the choice i will be either ash (like in yellow) or peeta (like in the coloseum games)