Finished Name That Team (Round 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Name That Team (Round 2)

Good work Reinforce, I'll take it from here ;)
PMJ said:
Celever said:
, and as the Igglybuff family are all PU

http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/wigglytuff

>Tags: NU

Oh, the PU tag hasn't been implemented properly yet. The Igglybuff family aren't even PU, they're all the way down in FU (because someone felt a need to create a tier worse than PU once it became semi-official lol). I'll be sure to use the tags from now on and not my own knowledge. It makes sense to do it this way :v

Our final 2 Pokémon must be weak to Flying- and Psychic-Type moves, while resisting Bug-Type moves.
Flying is strong against: Bug-, Fighting- and Grass-Type Pokémon.
Psychic is strong against: Fighting- and Poison-Type Pokémon
Bug is weak against: Fairy-, Fighting-, Fire-, Flying-, Ghost-, Poison- and Steel-Type Pokémon.

I theorised in my previous post that there is probably a Bug/Poison-Type Pokémon on this team, and this only strengthens the theory. I'm going to use Beedrill because it's in UU.

We are left with:
Weaknesses: Fairy, Flying, Psychic
Resistances: Bug, Dark, Rock

There is no Water/Ground-Type Pokémon in Ubers, which means that our Water/Ground-Type Pokémon is in NU. Quagsire is super derpy and cute, so I'm using it! n_n

This leaves us with an Uber which fulfils the previous type matchups.
Fairy is strong against: Dark, Dragon, Fighting
Flying is strong against: Bug, Fighting, Grass
Psychic is strong against: Fighting, Poison

Bug is weak against: Fairy, Fighting, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Poison, Steel
Dark is weak against: Dark, Fairy, Fighting
Rock is weak against: Fighting, Ground, Steel

So basically, it's Arceus-Fighting which I believe I also theorised earlier. Whatever:

PMJ, we think your team is:
Malamar
Wigglytuff
Delphox
Quagsire
Beedrill
Arceus-Fighting

Malamar is part of the team.
Wigglytuff is not part of the team.
Delphox is part of the team.
Quagsire is not part of the team.
Beedrill is part of the team.
Fighting Arceus is part of the team.

Four guesses left.

Put quite simply, I'm stumped.

I did some research and it turns out that Generation 5 changed the mechanics of Lightningrod and Motor Drive, also granting the Pokémon with the abilities Electric-Type immunities. This doesn't make a difference, however, as there are still no eligible Pokémon with this new info. Seaking comes close, but there is one Ice-Type resistance too little. There are also no abilities that give the Pokémon an immunity to Ghost- or Dragon-Type moves.

It's irrefutable that we still need a Normal-, Ground- and Fairy-Type Pokémon within these last two moveslots. The only Normal/Ground-Type Pokémon (Diggersby) is BL thus OU, and there isn't a Ground/Fairy-Type Pokémon as of yet. This means that Normal/Fairy-Type is one of our typings. There are 5 Normal/Fairy-Type Pokémon: Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Azurill and Audino-Mega. This means that it is Audino-Mega or Wigglytuff. The remaining type matchups are:
Weakness: Grass
Resistance: Fire, Poison, Rock, Steel

The only Pokémon with this typing without contradictions elsewhere such as tiers are Quagsire, Seismitoad and Whiscash.

These are the only two slightly feasible typings. I seriously doubt that we would need to guess PMJ's team exactly so I'm not going to waste another guess with Audino-Mega and Whiscash/Seismitoad, though since those are the only two possibilities left IDRK.

4. Once a Pokemon has been correctly guessed, it must be included in all future guesses for those guesses to be considered legit. If any previously revealed team member is not in the current guess, the entire guess will be marked wrong.

Malamar
Mega-Audino
Delphox
Whiscash
Beedrill
Arceus-Fighting

We've got the guesses so may as well do it! I don't find any flaws in what you're sayingCelever so we've just gotta run through the possibilities.

Mega Audino is on the team.
Whiscash is not on the team.

Three guesses left

So the last pokemon must be Seismitoad... Does someone want to check this first before submitting haha! I would do it but I'm supposed to be working :p

Malamar
Mega-Audino
Delphox
Seismitoad
Beedrill
Arceus-Fighting

WinRAR.png

New team specs later today.

I lied and did testing for states instead. Round three is up.

Ok so I've got a list of every possible type combination! Any pokemon not in my list cannot be counted!

I have not counted for Pokemon with Levitate or Storm Drain/ rain dish etc... But the reality is, is that if they don't fit under these types they can't be present anyway...

Here's the types:
Normal (Normal, Water, Electric, Flying, Psychic)
Fire (Dark)
Water (Water, Electric, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Rock)
Electric (Electric, Ice, Flying, Bug)
Grass (Rock)
Ice (Ice, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Rock)
Flying (Flying, psychic, ground, Rock)
Psychic (Psychic, Rock)
Rock (Bug)
Dark (Poison)

There can be no fairies, no dragons, no ghosts, and no steels anywhere.

The type outside the brackets is the main type and the types in the brackets are combinations.
For example:
Means that there can be Mono-Normal, normal/water, normal/electric, normal/flying, and normal/Psychic

I'm generally awful at this next part so I'll let someone take over haha!

Hope this helps!

2 OU - Manectric, Terrakion
2 UU - Pidgeot
1 RU - Houndoom
1 NU - Jynx

Weaknesses

1 Bug - Dark/Psychic/Grass - Jynx
1 Dark - Psychic/Ghost
1 Electric - Flying/Water - Pidgeot
2 Fighting - Normal/Ice/Steel/Rock/Dark - Houndoom
1 Fire - Bug/Ice/Grass
1 Ghost - Ghost/Psychic - Jynx
1 Grass - Water/Ground/Rock -
2 Ground - Electric/Rock/Steel - Manectric, Houndoom
1 Ice - Dragon/Flying/Grass/Ground - Pidgeot
3 Rock - Flying/Ice/Bug/Fire - Jynx, Houndoom, Pidgeot
1 Steel - Ice/Rock/Fairy - Jynx
2 Water - Ground/Fire/Rock - Houndoom

Resistances

1 Bug - Fighting/Fairy/Fire/Flying/Ghost/Poison/Steel - Pidgeot
1 Dark - Dark/Fairy/Fighting - Houndoom
1 Electric - Electric/Grass/Dragon -
2 Fighting - Bug/Fairy/Flying/Poison/Psychic -
2 Fire - Rock/Fire/Dragon/Water - Houndoom,
2 Flying - Rock/Electric/Steel - Manectric,
1 Ghost - Dark - Houndoom
2 Grass - Big/Dragon/Grass/Fire/Flying/Poison/Steel - Houndoom, Pidgeot
2 Ice - Ice - Jynx, Houndoom
1 Normal - Steel/Rock -
1 Poison - Poison/Ground/Rock/Ghost -
1 Psychic - Psychic/Steel - Jynx
4 Steel - Steel/Electric/Fire/Water - Manectric, Houndoom
1 Water - Water/Dragon/Grass -

Immunities

1 Electric - Ground/Volt Absorb/Lightning Rod - Manectric
1 Ghost - Normal - Pidgeot
1 Ground - Flying/Levitate - Pidgeot
1 Psychic - Dark - Houndoom
1 Water - Water Absorb/Dry Skin - Jynx

So we have a Normal and a Dark. Jynx is on the team with Dry Skin. Drapion fits, if not for the sheer amount of Steel resistances. Cloyster is the only Ice/Water out of the leftover tiers and he fits perfectly... But Houndoom takes his spot for Ice resistance. Houndoom is the only Dark with no Fairy weakness and a Steel resistance (Drapion also fit, but doesn't have Steel resistance, and if it were Drapion and Cloyster, we'd be missing a Steel resistance).
We have at least one Electric type, possibly another with one having an ability that causes immunity. Our Flying type must be Normal as well, as the space for the Steel resistance takes up too much room. I chose Pidgeot.

The rarely used pokemon has to be either:
Skuntank, Drapion or Houndoom!

A dark type must be prsent, and these are the only three that are possible and they all in RU

I'm of the opinion that's its Houndoom due to the number of Rock weaknesses and steel resistance.. But I have no guaranteed evidence

A new round, huh? I'll see if I can work out some stuff on team specs in the next couple of hours.

We have 1 Dark type due to 1 Psychic immunity. But there is no Fairy weakness. So the possible combinations are Dark/Steel, Dark/Poison and Dark/Fire. There is no Poison immunity so the first one is out, but the latter two, as SS has said, are both possible at this point. Although, they're all in the same tier, of which there is only one in the team, so that could help in eliminating possibilities in deducting the other types.

So we have one sure RU Pokemon, no matter if it's Dark/Poison or Dark/Fire.

Working from another angle then... This deduction is a bit complex, I hope I can explain it clearly lol

We have 1 Water resistance. There are only 3 types that resist that: Water, Grass, and Dragon. According to SS's list, we don't have Dragons, and the only Grass combination possible is Grass/Rock, of which there is only one: Cradily --- who is either neutral to Water or immune via Storm Drain. So our Water resist must come from a Water type. If that is the case, we can remove Water/Rock from SS's possibility list.

But then, Water/Rock is the only Rock-type combination that is not weak to Steel. All of the remaining Rock-type combination possibilities are weak to Steel. And we only have 1 Steel weakness. We know that our priority is to have at least 1 Rock type because we don't have a Steel on the team, since that is the only way we can have 1 Normal resistance. So we have to remove the other Ice combinations that are weak to Steel, which will leave us with Water/Ice and Ice/Rock.

This is the updated SS list:

Fire (Dark)
Water (Water, Electric, Ice, Flying, Psychic, Rock)
Electric (Electric, Ice, Flying, Bug)
Grass (Rock)
Ice (Ice, Ground, Flying, Psychic, Rock)
Flying (Flying, psychic, ground, Rock)
Psychic (Psychic, Rock)
Rock (Bug)
Dark (Poison)

The next step of deduction may come as a bit of a surprise: if you look at the list, you'll find that there's only one combination left there that is weak to Fire. And what do you know, we only have 1 Fire weakness.

Yup, it's Electric/Bug. So Galvantula, who is one of my faves, is on the team.

Now to put Galvantula's weakness and resistance, along with the weakness and resistance common to Dark/Fire and Dark/Poison. Here's the updated specs list:

Weaknesses

1 Bug
1 Dark
1 Electric
2 Fighting
1 Fire
1 Ghost
1 Grass
2 1 Ground
1 Ice
3 2 Rock
1 Steel
2 Water

Resistances

1 Bug
1 Dark
1 Electric
2 1 Fighting
2 Fire
2 Flying
1 Ghost
2 Grass
2 Ice
1 Normal
1 Poison
1 Psychic
43 Steel
1 Water

Immunities

1 Electric
1 Ghost
1 Ground
1 Psychic
1 Water

Well... I must be going off for now. There's still a bit to figure out on the team, but hopefully this post will make it less harder.

We can eliminate all the grass resistant types now (all the flying types pretty much)

Also Cradily is eliminated due to the lack of electric resists now :)

Ok so all of our steel weak pokemon reside in NU ️except for Aerodactyl!!

Ground/flying is our only possible typing with electric immunity!
Since all electric types are out if there is volt absorb it can only be on the hands of Lanturn who is NU (meaning aerodactyl would be confirmed) but I think it's more likely to be a ground flying type (either gligar or gliscor)

I'm going to try working off the assumption that we have Houndoom instead of Skuntank, since looking at the list with just Galvantula, I can seriously not find a confirmed way forward. So:

Looking at the list of type matchups now, I want to focus on the immunities. Now, there is only one Grass-Type weakness left, but immunities to both Water- and Electric-Type moves. As any Electric-Type immunities must be Ground-Type and the only Water-Type immunities are Water- or Grass-Type, and Grass-Type Pokémon are out of the question thanks to a lack of a Fire-Type weakness, this means that we need a Pokémon with either Water Absorb or Storm Drain which isn't weak to Grass-Type attacks. Our options are:
Mantyke, Mantine, Volcanion.
Mantyke is LC and Volcanion is unreleased, which means that Mantine is on the team as our NU Pokémon!

Now for our Electric-Type resist. No Pokémon with the Electric-Type immune abilities are eligible at this point from various different match ups, which means that we must have a Ground-Type Pokémon here. Our Ground-Type Pokémon cannot resist Rock-Type attacks, so it must be part Flying-, Bug-, Fire- or Ice-Type. However, our various match ups with Fire-Type moves means that it must be a Ground/Flying-Type Pokémon, as we don't have a weakness to Fire-Type attacks left (which eliminates Bug/Ground and Ice/Ground) now a resistance to Fire-Type attacks (eliminating Ground/Fire). Our options are:
Gligar, Gliscor, Landorus, Landorus-Therian
Both OU and UU are eligible at this point (Gligar is UU, the other three are OU) so I guess we can no longer make assumptions based on tiers. All we know is that there is definitely still an OU Pokémon even if our Ground/Flying-Type Pokémon is also OU. I do hope that it's Gligar though, because Gligar is one of my all-time favourites. Anyway, updating the type chart....
Both Mantine and our Ground/Flying-Type Pokémon are Flying-Type, thusly immune to Ground-Type attacks. This line of reasoning is 100% correct, and there is no other way around it, so all that this tells us is that we have to use Skuntank/Drapion instead of Houndoom. Oh well, leaving the whole post here because it seems like a waste to delete it all. This is the only possible way to account for the immunities with the type match ups that were there, I've checked again, so Houndoom must be the issue if Galvantula is confirmed.

Confirmed team: Galvantula, Skuntank/Drapion

Taking a break for now.

2 OU - Mew
2 UU - Galvantula, Aerodactyl
1 RU - Houndoom
1 NU - Lanturn

Weaknesses

1 Bug - Dark/Psychic/Grass - Mew
1 Dark - Psychic/Ghost - Mew
1 Electric - Flying/Water - Aerodactyl
2 Fighting - Normal/Ice/Steel/Rock/Dark - Houndoom,
1 Fire - Bug/Ice/Grass - Galvantula