Name Change Requests - Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Zavala

UAV MECHANIC
RE: Name Change Requests

id like my name changed to

Chief Zavala

chief as in warrant officer in the army. thats what i mean by chief. :)

It's all done, Chief! ~CMP

YEAAA!!!! thats what im talkin bout! :D

Robot

HOENN CONFIRMED

Wow, didn't even notice this thread :D.

Could you guys please remove the numbers to just:

Robot

if that's okay. Thanks!

Done! -- Gale

Xdog

Pokemon X(dog) and Y

I'm gonna try something. Could I shorten mine to just Xdog please?

Done! Be sure to put your old username in your signature. Thanks : ) -- Gale

Quagsire

Love and Tolerance. c:

I'd like my name changed to

AmberStar★Umbreon

If that's okay, Thanks! :D

Your wish is my command. Just be sure to update your sig. Thanks! ~CMP

Chanman

Aspiring Trainer

I'd like my name changed to:

Chanman

There ya go. Please update your sig with your old username. Thanks! ~CMP

Alvin and the Patrats

Egads! An abomination appeared!

I'd like my name changed to Alvin SubClause please. To fit in with the festive spirit.

The the festivities commence! Just be sure to update your sig, Al. Sanks! ~CMP

ZouX

Aspiring Trainer

I'd like to change my username to ZouX, if that is okay. Please and thank you. :)
done.~KA

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer

I have a question. Are you supposed to change your name to another name similar to a active member? I really want to change my name to Ozzy the Longtail, but I'm afraid people would consider that "copying" another member, such as ATI.

No, this isn't a request, but can you change your name to a name that is similar to another member's? Only a question.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

As long as you're not trying to impersonate another member by changing your name to something very similar, Lucky, you're okay. Something like what you suggested wouldn't be a problem at all. We've had problems in the past with a "qmaster," but it was more funny than anything.

Long story short: 99% of names are acceptable. When proposed names are posted, smods will make the final call.

Professor Palutena

The Queen

One question about the older names. Obviously, no one is allowed to change their username to an older members username. But what happens if a member registers under an older name (like someone registers with the name "dragonexpert"). I know the chances of that happening are small, but it's a peculiar question that I've been wondering.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

So, when January 1st, 2012 rolls around, everyone who changed their name can change it again, right?

It said next calendar year, and I just want to be sure.

ZouX

Aspiring Trainer

Rainbow Dash said:
So, when January 1st, 2012 rolls around, everyone who changed their name can change it again, right?

It said next calendar year, and I just want to be sure.

Yes, they mentioned this at the community Skype meeting last night. :)

I

Incinermyn

LuckyPokeGirl said:
I have a question. Are you supposed to change your name to another name similar to a active member? I really want to change my name to Ozzy the Longtail, but I'm afraid people would consider that "copying" another member, such as ATI.

No, this isn't a request, but can you change your name to a name that is similar to another member's? Only a question.

First off...please don't call me ATI... Unlike some people, I actually disdain being addressed or refered to with an abbreviation of a username I chose to go by because it was somewhat distinct (hence why ask people to just call me Apollo if they don't want to write out my entire username).

Second, that wouldn't come anywhere close to actual impersonation as CMP already explained. However, if I at some point request to have my name changed to another of my Fakemon (for instance, Zombroken) and someone intentionally asked to have their name changed to spoof of it (namely Zomfixed), then it would considered impersonation since it's derogatory.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod

I would like my name to be changed to The Aura Is With Me 8. (no period) Link to my rep thread is in my signature.

EDIT: Just remembered the warning rule, sorry.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I thought you guys stopped doing this as too many members were requesting their name to be changed too frequently. When did you guys decide to change this rule? Just wondering as I know too many were asking too much for the changes.:(

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member

This began on "Sunday, 20th November, 2011 06:50 pm"

We (Actually Zack) just decided to bring it back.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Name changes was something that was frequently asked for by members, so the staff figured it would be a nice thing to bring back (with limits, of course).

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Hmm ok. That's odd especially when the staff got fed up with this in the past. Ok I hope it does not get out of hand like it did before.:)

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

xxashxx said:
Hmm ok. That's odd especially when the staff got fed up with this in the past. Ok I hope it does not get out of hand like it did before.:)

But it is limited to one name change a year.

xxashxx

Elite Member
Advanced Member

Yeah I know. I am not sure if you were here when we had members requesting changes right and left and finally it was changed to once every 3 months and people were still requesting anyway so they pulled this completely out. Even with the 1 year stent people will try to breach this anyway and they will keep asking even though they already requested the change. There has to be limits on the Freebie changes or members will use that as an excuse to change their name again and again and again. Just trying to free up any troubles. Fortunately I don't have this problem and had the same username for nearly 6 years. I never have wanted to change it and don't think I ever will request it. A username is your screen name that is used for any forum that you join. Therefore you should stick with the same username.

If you have it changed it throws everyone off balance. Even if your old username is in your signature. Took me a week to realize who Dalt Punk was. I saw that on my friend list last Sunday and just found out today that it is Shadowlugia. That is why everyone should keep their username they created their account with and it is less trouble for you guys too.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.