Pokemon Mystery Behind Ash and Red?

Spunkmeyer

Hariyama Forever!
Hello folks, i hope i posted this topic in the right section and i hope its not repeated or anything. Anyway, let's get to the point:

Ash and Red

Couple of questions about them so you people can discuss it in a Friendly and Respectfull Manner Please.

Are they the same person? Which one do you think has the powerfull pokemon? Do you think they look the same?(Trick Question) Which one do you prefer? And Why?

Ill post my thoughts later, once this thread starts catching up, (I hope so)

Thank you kindly.

Are they the same person? I've never felt so, but my reasoning is that part of Red's journey involved him "catching em all". Ash mainly focuses on making his current Pokemon stronger, and if he doesn't catch new ones it's not a big deal.

Which do I prefer? Ash, because I envy his eternal youth. lol But seriously, Ash has a fixed personality and dreams that you never see Red express.

I don't consider they're the same. Red is the protagonist of Kanto version, and Ash is the hero of the anime. Red is intendend to stay in a cavern for a long, as long as Ash is travelling around the world to become the greatest Pokémon trainer. Ash has already left Squirtle and his Bulbasaur didn't evolve, Red's Squirtle and Bulbasaur have turned in their final stage, so with different teams and porpuses they cannot be the same person, in spite of coincidences indicate so.

They're not the same person. Red is the main character of the RBY series, while Ash is the main character in the anime. Ash is the less cool, less talented counterpart of Red.

Nope, they're not the same.
Red, even in his default canon form, is largely void of personality. This is due to his status as an avatar: Something's that just a vessel for the player. His personality is basically what you imagine it to be as you're playing as him.
Ash has a defined personality, voice, Pokemon team, etc. He's based on Red, but he's based on one specific idea of Red.

They are not the same.
They even have a different name. Different team, and in most canons, different personalities.

In fact a Trainer ID EXISTS for both Red and Ash in the games. That is enough to warrant that even in the games, they are different people.

Originally Ash was suppose to be just like Red and become a Pokemon Master, but with all the people watching the series, the money changed the plot of the show. They decided to have Ash get new Pokemon with each new region, with the exception of Pikachu of course, instead of keeping his Pokemon and making them stronger. With this the company can get more money by have Ash have a restart each time, but for how long? Eventually they are going to have to end, so how is the question. How is Ash going to be a master if he keeps getting new Pokemon?

Ash and Red are NOT the same person. I don't know why everyone keeps on thinking this!
For one, Red can't/doesn't speak and even if they WERE the same, Ash would be a lot more like Red eg: evolving all of his Pokémon, having the ability to become a champion, They would wear exactly the same clothes, Red didn't start with Pikachu (excluding Yellow) ect...

Spunkmeyer said:
Hello folks, i hope i posted this topic in the right section and i hope its not repeated or anything. Anyway, let's get to the point:

Ash and Red

Couple of questions about them so you people can discuss it in a Friendly and Respectfull Manner Please.

Are they the same person? Which one do you think has the powerfull pokemon? Do you think they look the same?(Trick Question) Which one do you prefer? And Why?

Ill post my thoughts later, once this thread starts catching up, (I hope so)

Thank you kindly.

They are not the same person but Ash is definitely based on Red. People sometimes however get it wrong and think that Red is based on Ash instead.

Hey Blob55, perhaps you should read the manga, Red does speak there.

Sheodon said:
Red is Ash's father. And Oak gave Ash his father's Pikachu.

Mind = blown

no!
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Ash's_Father
red looks like ash but hes not his father!!!!!
according to many theories, red was hated by everyone and went on top of Mt. Silver and died in cold...that's why when you go to mount silver in ss/hg.. he says nothing and dissapears after the battle :)
Ash's Father-

Attachments

• everybody.jpg
    everybody.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 23
shreyisabeast said:
Sheodon said:

Mind = blown

no!
red looks like ash but hes not his father!!
according to many theories, red was hated by everyone and went on top of Mt. Silver and died in cold...that's why when you go to mount silver in ss/hg.. he says nothing and dissapears after the battle :)
Ash's Father-

How could a character that saved a whole region from an organization commiting crimes against Pokemon and the public be hated by everyone?

My theory is this... Ash is reds sort of person little brother, i think this because it makes sense when you realize that ash and red are similar they both started with pikachu, both of their pikachus are super powered, so my theory is that red sent pikachu from the mountain peak to prof. Oak with a note saying "give to ash as starter" , this explains why pikachu hates ash in the beggining as well , because its old trainer just gave it to ash it missed red so it hated ash for existing because if not for ash he would still have been with red. But them pikachu warmed up to ash and they became friends

[private]He has no idea what he's talking about lol. ~ES[/private]

No one, can answer this correctly to be fair. It's all opinions and theories. We all have heard different theories, different opinions. One is Manga, one is anime. Perhaps they are the same, but different personalities. Perhaps Red is Ash's father, or maybe they are unrelated. I doubt we will ever, really find out the answer to the question.

shreyisabeast said:
Sheodon said:

Mind = blown

no!
red looks like ash but hes not his father!!
Ash's Father-

I thought that mt. Silver was a hard place only for the greatest
of trainers to climb and he went their to train and or search for a Pokemon trainer that was worthy of his stature. Ash and red have similarities: pikachu, bulbasaur, squirtle, charmander, lapras, snorlax....etc...

The way i see it, Red and Ash start very similar but as time went on they changed into opposites. Red started as the clumsy kid excited to get his first pokemon, falling down sets of stairs. Ash was late getting his first. They both were bums in the beginning. But Red got better quicker. He earned his first 2 badges, ash was given his first 2. Red filled out an empty pokedex, ash was given a fully completed pokedex. Blue somewhat respected red in the beginning, and he earned all his respect. 15 seasons later gary still has no respect for ash.

Basically, ash is red's lamer little brother.

Ash solely exists as a main character in a show that, while giving Ash a personal story, is primarily there to introduce each pokemon that exists. The show is there to present, and have a main character that just enjoys living in a pokemon world. Red is in a game, which the sole purpose of is to win, therefore Red achieves in catching all pokemon, attaining badges through actual battles (unlike half the time where ash stops the bad guys and gets a badge for helping the local leader, and training all his team to their greatest level. One was built for the pokemon world, one was built for the pokemon goal. And no, definitely not the same person. I enjoy Red more, he actually lives the life of a trainer that tries to win it all.

Back