• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

My Vilegar deck (Gengar/Vileplume)

thekid116

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
As of right now, the deck is incomplete. I don't know which Supporters I should run, or what the right amount of energies to run would be. This is what it looks like so far:

Pokemon:
4-4-4 Gengar (3 SF, 1 Curse) (the Haunter's are from AR with Hidden Tongue)
2-2-2 Vileplume (UD)
4 Spiritomb (PL AR)
2 Sableye (SF)
1 Uxie (LA)

Total: 25 with 13 basics

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
2 BTS
4 Bebe's Search
4 Looker's Investigation
3 Cyrus's Initiative
2 Judge
4 Pokemon Collector

Total: 19

Energy:
9 {P}
4 Call Energy
2 Warp Energy

Total: 15

Total Cards: 59

So, the strategy should seem pretty simple. This is a Trainer Lock deck, so I would hope to start out with either Sableye or Spiritomb to start setting up pretty quick. Then, while using Looker's for a hand disruption and locking Trainers and Supporters in my opponents hand (since they can only use 1 per turn), hit hard with Poltergeist, and clean up with Shadow Room, and CurseGar's Curse.

Vileplume is meant to stay on the bench, while becoming a permanent Trainer Lock, and the Uxie is in there for some drawpower.

Now, there is 1 card missing so far, and I dont know what to put in there. Does anyone have an opinion about what to put? And does anyone have some criticism (constructive, of course) about my deck? Should I take things out for others or something??

RE: My Vilegar deck

...Bump? Does anyone have any theories for me to test out? I have put in an extra {P} for the time being for the placeholder. Any suggestions?

Back