• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My Tyranitar Deck (Team Up)

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
After trying what I could with Bisharp, I made another Budget deck - and I find it quite skillful to play! It revolves around Tyranitar from Team Up:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 2 Larvitar TEU 79
* 2 Larvitar LOT 115
* 3 Pupitar LOT 116
* 4 Tyranitar TEU 85
* 2 Alolan Vulpix GRI 21
* 1 Alolan Ninetales TEU 111
* 1 Oranguru SUM 113
* 1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
* 1 Ditto {*} LOT 154

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 4 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Copycat CES 127
* 1 Tate & Liza CES 148
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Acerola BUS 112

* 3 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Pokémon Communication HS 98
* 2 Rare Candy PLB 85
* 2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Counter Gain LOT 170
* 1 Buff Padding TEU 136

* 3 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
* 1 Shrine of Punishment CES 143

##Energy - 12

* 4 Double Colorless Energy FCO 114
* 3 Darkness Energy Energy 7
* 3 Unit Energy FDY FLI 118
* 2 Counter Energy CIN 100

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

This deck plays as a Non-GX comeback deck, trying to win the prize trade in the end. You first try to set up the bench with basics, and use Alolan Vulpix to get evolutions, if possible. It starts kind of slow, and you're bound to take a knockout. But once you play Pupitar, it blocks damage done to them at that turn, so you can attach energy to them without fear of them getting dragged out. Alolan Ninetales can also help stall GX's and attack if needed. After these crucial points, you can get out Tyranitar, and weaken everything with its first attack, and do 1HKO's on many GX's with the second move. You can even attack with the pre-evolutions if needed, with Diancie Prism boosting damage for them - Like Larvitar's second strike, for instance.

With Unit and Counter Energy, there are lots of techs you could add:

-Buzzwole could be teched for a nice attacker with Brooklet Hill getting it out if needed.

-Fairy Tapu Lele could work as an end game attacker, moving all the spread damage around done by Tyranitar.

-Yveltal could work as a pivot and discard energies, considering all the heavy retreat costs you have to deal with.

-Tapu Koko could add more spread damage to the game plan.

-Jirachi might help improve setups, too, though fitting escape boards with it can be tough to do.

-Either Alolan Ninetales GX could come in handy, though they do give up two prizes as well.

The main issue is how easy it is to dead-draw - even with my supporter counts, the deck is often its own worst enemy, much like most stage two decks. It can also have trouble against stall and special energy denial, and it is still hard to beat Lighting decks - They feel stupidly broken right now. >.>

Despite that, I think this deck has plenty of potential if played right, and I do encourage people to experiment and try it out!