• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard My take on Gardevoir GX - Post Burning Shadows/Rotation

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
What's up PokeBeach!? I am back with yet another deck I am hoping to build (and this time, I will almost certainly be building it). When the main card in this deck was announced, it really didn't seem like people were too excited for it, but I am going to press forward regardless. Before I start rambling on, let me jump into my preliminary list:

-First Version Decklist-
Pokemon: 20
4x Gardevoir GX
3x Kirlia
4x Ralts
2x Diancie
2x Tapu Lele GX
2x Xerneas BREAK
3x Xerneas

Stadiums: 3
3x Fairy Garden

Supporters: 10
4x Sycamore
2x N
2x Guzma
1x Fisherman
1x Brigette

Items: 16
4x Ultra Ball
3x Rare Candy
2x Rescue Stretcher
2x Field Blower
1x Choice Band
2x Float Stone
2x Wish Baton

Energy: 11
4x Double Colorless Energy
7x Fairy Energy

Please note, this is a preliminary list, and I will make small edits in a moment, so stay tuned.

Ok, now that I have that out of the way, I will explain the basic strategy of the deck (from my point of view anyway).

-Strategies and Usage-

Gardevoir GX:
This is the main focus of the deck. It's Ability, Fountain of Secrets, allows you to attach an extra Fairy Energy from your hand to one of your Pokemon once per turn (Max of 4). This helps quickly power up the Attack Infinite Force, which does 30x the amount of Energy attached to both active Pokemon, which, if you have attached an Energy, then used the Maximum amount of Fountain of Secrets, you are hitting for a minimum of 150 Damage (If you attached a Basic Energy), or 180 (If you attached a Double Colorless).

Xerneas and Xerneas BREAK:
Xerneas is used in the deck as another form of Energy Acceleration, with the attack Geomancy, allowing you to attach 2 Fairy Energy from the deck to 2 of your Benched Pokemon. With all the Energy being attached, Xerneas BREAK seems like a nice edition to the deck, doing 20x the amount of Fairy Energy attached to all of your Pokemon (Max of 140 with this deck). This makes for a nice backup attacker, but with not nearly as much Damage as one would like.

Diancie:
After reading the translation for this, I immediately liked this card. In this deck, it is especially helpful, seeing as I am trying to use a lot of Stage 2 Pokemon (Translation will be provided below.) It's first attack, for 1 Fairy Energy, allows you to search the deck for a Pokemon and Evolve something else you have in play, thus accelerating the deck quite a bit as opposed to using Wally or just hard Evolving.

Tapu Lele:
This card has become a must-have in the modern Standard Format. I have included it in the deck for obvious reasons. It also makes a wonderful backup attacker in a pinch, especially with the acceleration provided by Gardevoir and Xerneas.

The various Tools:
I have included the tools based on my preferences and needs, as well as to help better run the deck. I have also added a second Field Blower so that I may switch Tools if needed:
1 Choice Band- Nice for the extra Damage
2 Float Stone- I have included these to mostly use on Lele, but I may consider dropping it to only 1 in favor of another Choice Band
2 Wish Baton (Translation Provided Below)- This is a great card to include in the deck, because it keeps Energy in play. One of the main problems that I see with this deck is losing Energy, which puts a damper on the Damage output. By keeping it in play, even if things get knocked out, I can have something powered back up and ready to go.

That should do it for a basic explanation of why I have included things, so now I will move onto the basic strategy:

The main idea with this deck is to pile Energy onto Gardevoir (or Lele) and start hitting for a decent amount of Damage as quickly as possible.

(I kept the explanation simple because I can't really explain it very well, and I am a little pressed for time at the moment... XD)

-Changes I would like to make-
-1 Xerneas BREAK
-1 Xerneas
Honestly, I have no idea what I was thinking when I put a 3-2 line in. The Xerneas would be kind of nice to have, but it isn't a high priority need. I may consider using only one, and maybe dropping things altogether, but I will have to take a look at things.

+1 Gallade (BKT)
+1 Kirlia
I saw that the version of this deck being played in Japan used Gallade, and I would personally like to Tech it into the deck, if I can. It makes a pretty decent Backup Attacker, and seems to work well with the deck. I would like to add the extra Kirlia to help incorporate this further.

-1 Float Stone
+1 Choice Band
After looking back at my list, I saw that 2 Float Stone seemed to be a little much, and with the lower amount of Damage done by Gardevoir, I felt like it would be a good idea to have a little extra push.

-1 Sycamore
+1 Lillie
Ok, I am probably going to get yelled at once or twice for this, but I love using Lillie in my decks (especially with Tapu Lele or Jirachi). It is an amazing card to use first turn to help accelerate things as much as possible. I can make do with only 3 Sycamore, and I usually only run 2 in my decks anyway.

After making these changes, the deck is as follows:

-Edited Deck List-
Pokemon: 20
4x Gardevoir GX
1x Gallade
4x Kirlia
4x Ralts
2x Diancie
2x Tapu Lele GX
1x Xerneas BREAK
2x Xerneas

Stadiums: 3
3x Fairy Garden

Supporters: 10
3x Sycamore
1x Lillie
2x N
2x Guzma
1x Fisherman
1x Brigette

Items: 16
4x Ultra Ball
3x Rare Candy
2x Rescue Stretcher
2x Field Blower
2x Choice Band
1x Float Stone
2x Wish Baton

Energy: 11
4x Double Colorless Energy
7x Fairy Energy

And there you have it. I will hopefully make changes to this list at time goes on, and we draw closer to the release of Burning Shadows, but for now, I think this could be a fairly nice deck after rotation. Just a few requests before I go:
1. Please keep your criticisms constructive and relevant! I am hoping to build this as soon as I can, and would like to take it to a few local competitions.
2. Please do not suggest I buy a bunch of uber expensive stuff. I will be purchasing a lot of the stuff listed, as I would prefer to keep my other decks intact, where possible. I am willing to work with 2 Lele. No more than that.
3. Please tell me how I can make this deck work! As I said, I want to have a nice, fun deck to take to competitions, but would still like to do well with it.

Alright. That should be it for now. I will make changes as needed to this thread, so, yeah...

Thanks for reading!

-AV

-Translations-
Gardevoir-GX – Fairy – HP230
Stage 2 – Evolves from Kirlia

Ability: Fountain of Secrets
Once during your turn (before you attack) you may attach 1 [Y] Energy from your hand to 1 of your Pokemon.

[Y] Infinite Force: 30x damage. This attack does 30 damage times the amount of Energy attached to both Active Pokemon.

[Y] Twilight-GX: Search your discard pile for 10 cards, show them to your opponent, and shuffle them back into your deck. (You can only use one GX attack per game.)

When 1 of your Pokemon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 2

Wish Baton – Trainer
Item

Pokemon Tool: Attach a Pokemon Tool to 1 of your Pokemon that doesn’t already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.

If the Pokemon this card is attached to is your Active Pokemon and is Knocked Out by damage from an opponent’s attack, choose up to 3 Basic Energy attached to that Pokemon and move them to one of your Benched Pokemon.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Diancie – Fairy – HP90
Basic Pokemon

[Y] Sparkling Prayer: Search your deck for a card that evolves from 1 of your Pokemon and put it onto that Pokemon. (This counts as evolving that Pokemon.) Then, shuffle your deck.

[Y][C] Diamond Storm: 30 damage. Heal 30 damage from each of your [Y] Pokemon.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance: Darkness (-20)
Retreat: 1

Guzma
(Think Escape Rope... ^.^)

That should be all of the necessary translations. All of the cards here will be released with Burning Shadows

Randomly saw this. I'd advise against Lillie here because you want to Brigette turn 1 usually. Seeing Lillie in the late game is just not good enough compared to another N or Sycamore. You might even want a third Guzma.

Doesn't the Xerneas / Fairy Garden package take up too much space though ? 2 Tapu Lele, 2 N, 2 Guzma, 1 Brigette doesn't really look like consistency to me tbh. Also no draw support pokemon.

Not taking into account the Xerneas debate, I think:
-1 Garde GX, 3 should be enough and saves you cash!
-1 Kirlia, likewise
-1 Lillie, ideally looking for Brigette T1
+2 N
+1 Guzma
+1 Sycamore (possibly)
+1 Fairy energy (possibly)
+1 Oranguru (if having 2 Lele)

Numbers don't add up but you get my point!

Wishful Baton is interesting - one is basically saying sacrifice +30 damage of a CB, to fire up your next Garde. Maybe 2/3 Secret Springs should be enough to have 1/2 Garde set up anyway - by the time something gets knocked out?

On another note, Xerneas Break's Life Stream counts your energy in general, so Double Colorless also contributes to its damage output.

Back