Tournament My Memphis recap

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Memphis regionals was the largest regionals EVER, and I was able to attend and meet so many cool players. First and foremost, here was the Drampa/ Garb list that I played:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rh3UwTgQf9c41UAmcwIFGfJrjmSNJXBx/view?usp=drivesdk
Round 1: Kevin Baxter; Zoroark GX/ Counter Energy toolbox- W-L-T
This one was a doozie. I was losing game one hard with 4 prizes left to Kevin's 1. I brought in Stardust Jirachi, and I was able to take the game back and win. Game 2 I started Lele and dead drew for 3 turns before losing. I honestly should've scooped, but didn't. Game 3 was really close. He was wiping my board out early, but like game 1, Stardust took back the game. I was 2 attacks away from winning when time was called, him getting turn 0. He prevented me from taking my last prize, ending the game with a tie.
Round 2:Decidueye/Zoroark W-W-
this should be an autowin for Drampa Garb. With Latios and Po Town damage, Decidueye gets put down into Drampa range and Garbotoxin prevents them from doing excess damage and Trading. This was an easy 2-0.
Round 3: Bulu/Vikavolt W-W.
My opponent was a little weird. He asked me not to hand shuffle and always made sure I drew the right amount of cards. I asked if he was OCD, but it turns out he was in the army. After the games, we talked a bit, and he was nice. But anyway, the games went how you'd expect them to. Drampa revenge kills while Garb shuts down their Energy. I'm 2-0-1 At this point.
Round 4: Lycanroc/ Zoroark- L-L.
Yeah, this is an autoloss. My opponent 2-0'd me in 20 minutes. Lycanroc OHKOs Drampa, Zoroark can draw into Field Blowers before Garb has a tool, or can Puzzle Blowers back, and all my tick damage gets removed by Acerola. Jirachi is super good here, but it's an easy target.
Round 5: Buzzwole/ Lycanroc- W-W
I was really prepared for this one. Latios and Espeon EX one shot Buzzy with a Choice Band, and I can snipe Rockruffs early on. I actually used Tapu Cure GX both games to prevent prizes being taken, and I ended up fishing a DCE to end the first game with Lele. The second game went more or less the same, but my opponent drew poorly in the beginning, so I decided to use Drampa this game since I started with it.
Round 6: Lycanroc/Zoroark L-L. Went exactly like round 4. Couldn't out draw Zoroark, keep my Garbotoxin online, and can't attack with Drampa if I want to win.
Round 7: Decidueye/ Zoroark: L-W-T
I had game one in the bag. All I needed was a switching card, and I win the game. We both deadrew for 4 turns before he got the Field Blower and started taking down my Espeon EX. I N'd myself 3 turns in a row for 1 card into another N all 3 times. Game 2 went according to plan, and I took it really quickly. Game 3 my opponent played slowly and we went into time with me having 2 prizes remaining to his 3. He ended the turn count on turn 2 with a brand new Decidueye. I needed a Guzma for game but didn't have it.
Round 8: Lycanroc/Zoroark W-W
My opponent misplayed a lot. He Blood Thirsty Eyes'd a Garb instead of my Drampa in game 1, and I came in with Jirachi and messed him up. Game 2, he dead drew while I drew perfectly and I took that game with a nice 2-0.
Round 9: Yellow Swellow; Weird Gardy W-L-T
Game 1 was super long, and when we both had 1 prize left, I Guzma'd a Ralts and did 40 to it. He was playing Oranguru, Sylveon, Mr. Mime, and 2 Max Potion. If he drew into an Energy off of a 3 card Instruct, he wins. He whiffed and I took the game. Game 2, he used Sylveon to get 2 Gallade set up and won. Half way through game 3, we both are playing sloppily. It's the last round and neither of us want a tie, so we play quickly. Time was called when he had 3 prizes left and I had 5. We ID'd and decided to play the rest of the game out. We already tied, so I didn't care about losing that much, so I decided to use Dream Dance and it did not pay off. I ended up losing, but I was satisfied with how I played.
I ended the day with 4-2-3, 15 match points; top 256. I played flawlessly except maybe playing a little slow, and there isn't a single card I would change to the list. I think that It's time to say goodbye to Drampa/ Garb, and I think I'm leaving the deck on a good note.

Memphis regionals was the largest regionals EVER, and I was able to attend and meet so many cool players. First and foremost, here was the Drampa/ Garb list that I played:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Rh3UwTgQf9c41UAmcwIFGfJrjmSNJXBx/view?usp=drivesdk
Round 1: Kevin Baxter; Zoroark GX/ Counter Energy toolbox- W-L-T
This one was a doozie. I was losing game one hard with 4 prizes left to Kevin's 1. I brought in Stardust Jirachi, and I was able to take the game back and win. Game 2 I started Lele and dead drew for 3 turns before losing. I honestly should've scooped, but didn't. Game 3 was really close. He was wiping my board out early, but like game 1, Stardust took back the game. I was 2 attacks away from winning when time was called, him getting turn 0. He prevented me from taking my last prize, ending the game with a tie.
Round 2:Decidueye/Zoroark W-W-
this should be an autowin for Drampa Garb. With Latios and Po Town damage, Decidueye gets put down into Drampa range and Garbotoxin prevents them from doing excess damage and Trading. This was an easy 2-0.
Round 3: Bulu/Vikavolt W-W.
My opponent was a little weird. He asked me not to hand shuffle and always made sure I drew the right amount of cards. I asked if he was OCD, but it turns out he was in the army. After the games, we talked a bit, and he was nice. But anyway, the games went how you'd expect them to. Drampa revenge kills while Garb shuts down their Energy. I'm 2-0-1 At this point.
Round 4: Lycanroc/ Zoroark- L-L.
Yeah, this is an autoloss. My opponent 2-0'd me in 20 minutes. Lycanroc OHKOs Drampa, Zoroark can draw into Field Blowers before Garb has a tool, or can Puzzle Blowers back, and all my tick damage gets removed by Acerola. Jirachi is super good here, but it's an easy target.
Round 5: Buzzwole/ Lycanroc- W-W
I was really prepared for this one. Latios and Espeon EX one shot Buzzy with a Choice Band, and I can snipe Rockruffs early on. I actually used Tapu Cure GX both games to prevent prizes being taken, and I ended up fishing a DCE to end the first game with Lele. The second game went more or less the same, but my opponent drew poorly in the beginning, so I decided to use Drampa this game since I started with it.
Round 6: Lycanroc/Zoroark L-L. Went exactly like round 4. Couldn't out draw Zoroark, keep my Garbotoxin online, and can't attack with Drampa if I want to win.
Round 7: Decidueye/ Zoroark: L-W-T
I had game one in the bag. All I needed was a switching card, and I win the game. We both deadrew for 4 turns before he got the Field Blower and started taking down my Espeon EX. I N'd myself 3 turns in a row for 1 card into another N all 3 times. Game 2 went according to plan, and I took it really quickly. Game 3 my opponent played slowly and we went into time with me having 2 prizes remaining to his 3. He ended the turn count on turn 2 with a brand new Decidueye. I needed a Guzma for game but didn't have it.
Round 8: Lycanroc/Zoroark W-W
My opponent misplayed a lot. He Blood Thirsty Eyes'd a Garb instead of my Drampa in game 1, and I came in with Jirachi and messed him up. Game 2, he dead drew while I drew perfectly and I took that game with a nice 2-0.
Round 9: Yellow Swellow; Weird Gardy W-L-T
Game 1 was super long, and when we both had 1 prize left, I Guzma'd a Ralts and did 40 to it. He was playing Oranguru, Sylveon, Mr. Mime, and 2 Max Potion. If he drew into an Energy off of a 3 card Instruct, he wins. He whiffed and I took the game. Game 2, he used Sylveon to get 2 Gallade set up and won. Half way through game 3, we both are playing sloppily. It's the last round and neither of us want a tie, so we play quickly. Time was called when he had 3 prizes left and I had 5. We ID'd and decided to play the rest of the game out. We already tied, so I didn't care about losing that much, so I decided to use Dream Dance and it did not pay off. I ended up losing, but I was satisfied with how I played.
I ended the day with 4-2-3, 15 match points; top 256. I played flawlessly except maybe playing a little slow, and there isn't a single card I would change to the list. I think that It's time to say goodbye to Drampa/ Garb, and I think I'm leaving the deck on a good note.

Great, glad to here that you did well! Making top 256 out of 1,000+ people is amazing. How many CP did you earn? I pretty sure that your trying to make Worlds, so if you are, how close are you? I'd be interested in hearing how you've done in previous tournaments as well, but anyways, keep up the good work! Garbodor/Drampa GX seems to have been a really good play for Memphis since most of the decks were Buzzwole GX (at least from what I've seen on stream), so great choice for deck!

Great, glad to here that you did well! Making top 256 out of 1,000+ people is amazing. How many CP did you earn? I pretty sure that your trying to make Worlds, so if you are, how close are you? I'd be interested in hearing how you've done in previous tournaments as well, but anyways, keep up the good work! Garbodor/Drampa GX seems to have been a really good play for Memphis since most of the decks were Buzzwole GX (at least from what I've seen on stream), so great choice for deck!
I believe I only get 40 points. Bringing my total up to 55. I've been grounded a lot so I haven't been making cups. I also barely made top 256. I ranked 251st :p , so eh. But I outranked about every Houston player except Brad Curcio. I think Decidueye is going to be my main deck now

I believe I only get 40 points. Bringing my total up to 55. I've been grounded a lot so I haven't been making cups. I also barely made top 256. I ranked 251st :p , so eh. But I outranked about every Houston player except Brad Curcio. I think Decidueye is going to be my main deck now

That's to bad, but at least you seem to have had fun! Glad to hear that your interested in Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX, it's been one of my favorite decks and it works really well. If you need a list, just let me know!
Oh by the way, I assume you earned some packs so just as a side note, did you pull anything interesting?

That's to bad, but at least you seem to have had fun! Glad to hear that your interested in Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX, it's been one of my favorite decks and it works really well. If you need a list, just let me know!
Oh by the way, I assume you earned some packs so just as a side note, did you pull anything interesting?
Sadly, only top 64 got packs. I actually just netdecked Daniel Altavilla's list, then changed 3 cards so it works a lot better. Thanks for the offer though

Sadly, only top 64 got packs. I actually just netdecked Daniel Altavilla's list, then changed 3 cards so it works a lot better. Thanks for the offer though

Really? I'd think that top 256 would get packs as well with 1,000 or so people there. I played in Virginia last year with only 120+ people there (Seniors) and I made top 64 and earned some packs. Sadly, it isn't as impressive since I squeaked in at 63rd place and got nothing from the packs besides a Turtonator GX, Toxapex GX FA, and Lycanroc GX. Anyways, hope Zoroark GX/Decidueye GX works out for you and that you get a chance to play in another Regional!

Good job on the Top 256 finish! I've never been to a Regional but plan to go to the one in California in March since it's only a few hours away from me.

Back