• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

My HoPe [Cities - Masters]

#1weavile

I'm still alive =)
For those of you who have not played HoPe. It is basically a deck that revolves around honchkrow and shuppet, since you will use these two about every game and techs to counter the metagame. This deck may or may not work in your metagame since it is made for mine. My metagame consists of: luxchomp, vileplume variants, dialgachomp, tyrannitar, steelix, donphan, and other random underused decks.

My List:

Pokemon: 24
2-1 luxray GL X
1-1 staraptor FB X
1-1 banette (mewtwo counter)
2 weavile G
2 honchkrow G
2 crobat G
1 roserade GL (spiritomb/sableye counter)
1 promocroak G (luxray/tyrannitar/regigigas counter)
1 froslass GL (helps to bring out high HP pokemon)
1 houndoom G (dialga G X/steelix counter)
1 toxicroak G (machamp counter)
1 skuntank G (poison)
1 bronzong G
1 ambipom G (garchomp counter, disrupts energy)
1 azelf
1 unown Q
1 sableye (helps with trainer lock)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 30
4 cyrus conspiracy
3 pokemon collector
2 bebes search
2 aaron's collection
1 department store girl
1 looker's investigation
4 poketurn
3 energy gain
3 sp radar
3 power spray
2 expert belt
1 champion's room
1 pokemon contest hall

Energy: 6
2 lightning
2 psychic
2 dark

No use in explaining the strategy since it is different pretty much every game depending on my start, my hand and my opponent's board.

The decks that I mainly have trouble with are: tyrannitar, donphan, and sometimes dialga G and steelix. What should I take out and put in?

-2-1 luxray gl
-1 houndoom g
-2 weavile g
+2-1 blaziken fb
+1 dragonite fb
+1 psychic energy
+1 uxie
These changes will help vilegar and sp matchup.

Good deck but you will need more energy than just 6. I suggest 4 more of every energy that you have.

@Nakamo - I used to to play blaziken FB but then I would lose to trainer locking vileplume. So I took it out for luxray to drag up vileplume and ko it with banette or something. Weavile helps with gengar and better starts. I tried draggy before but it wasn't anything useful. I never needed uxie

@TCG I have enough energy

@dk9 I did that but then they would either warp energy or unown Q and attach to retreat, and then they would attack.

HoPe doesn't have Luxray in it D: Also, way to be a man and play no Uxie ^_^

Since this is a counter deck, playing Dragonite FB, maybe even in conjunction with Ambipom, would hurt SPs a lot and help the DialgaChomp a little more. It a real threat when you have a Garchomp counter sitting on the bench that can't be dragon rushed away. Over Department Store, I would say Twins is good, as you can grab it with Staraptor. I might suggest taking out a Bebe's for a second one. Since I know you lie Weavile so much, I dunno if I could convince you out of one of the two, but if you prefer it as a start, go ahead. If you aren't playing Blaziken, then I would suggest to cut the Expert Belt down by one, as you have less targets for it to help a whole lot. I think adding the 4th power spray would help a little. Have you tried it?

The only issue I see with T-tar is not being able to rid them of Manectrics as well as a normal SP deck could do. Belted, they can grab prizes off your active honchkrow so much easier, and Promocroak doesn't work near as well. I can't suggest help to you in that matchup.

As you probably are already trying, poison and honchkrow are the only super-reliable ways of taking prizes against Donphan. Regular HoPe can avoid KOs with Belted Blaziken and drop lots on them, too. Don't forget your Banette in this matchup, either.

Steelix seems like much more of a pain to you than Dialga. Could you tell me what happens when you win?

~L_X_F

@LXF
I will try dragonite FB, I probably won't like it :p I will take out a weavile for a twins. Department store girl is too good to remove since it gets me expert belts and energy gains. I tried 4 sprays but they were useless in trainer locking situations, so I took one out. I used to use blaziken FB but then vileplume decks would kill me so I'm trying the deck with luxray now, should I switch back? The problem with the deck is KOing high HP pokemon consistently.

Make sure you try the Twins before Cities. If it ends up that you'll like it more than Store Girl, you'll be happy. Never liked Store Girl anyways...

[duhfactor]SPs have always been a counter deck. They can't kill stuff they aren't built against, nor can they take prizes versus main attackers unless they're weak to their own mains or kill something of yours.[/duhfactor] Accepting a loss versus Steelix is fine if you don't think you'll face it. Don't worry too much that you ruin what you think is best~ ;3

~L_X_F

Back