ORAS My experience with pre-ordering OR/AS

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Here is an extremely long novel rant about my experience with Toys R Us:

Before I pre-ordered my Pokemon games, I gave them a call. I asked them if they were having the pre-order bonus for when you bought both games, the Mega Charizard plushes. I also asked if you had to get one game or both games to get the bonus, they told me no, only one. I was ecstatic because that meant that this TRU must be doing things differently than the others, because online it says you have to get both games to get the plushie bonus. I was aiming to get both Charizard X and Y.

On another occasion, I call them again, getting a different person than who I talked to before. This time I ask if they were having a midnight release for the games, they told me no. Okay, thats fine. I also ask again about the bonus plushies, this time mentioning that online it says different, and again they said no, only one game is needed to get the bonus, not two.

And then I call again, getting another different person, to ask if the pre-order could be done over the phone to avoid arranging a ride (it couldnt, thats fine.) I confirm again about the plush bonus.

So thats three separate calls at different times speaking to three separate people and they all told me the same thing about the bonus.

A day or two later, I go to TRU to pre-order the games. I grab the order cards and go to check out, and while waiting I read the card and it says that both games are needed to get the bonus. I figure they probably just all say that at every TRU. I ask the cashier about the bonus.
The lady looks at the card, flips it around a few times, consults a manager at checkout, and the result was "LOL NOPE WE TROLLED YOU, YOU HAVE TO BUY FOUR GAMES TO GET BOTH CHARIZARDS"
Okay. So I pre-order FOUR games. One for me, and two for my boyfriend/a friend who are paying me back, and the last one I can either resell or return later.

A couple nights ago, I get an email saying that there was a delay in the games arriving in inventory at this TRU. I call them and ask them about it. They said they have no idea what that is and to disregard it, so I did. They said to call the night before release just in case, so I did. I talk to someone that I assume is a manager and they check their inventory thing, confirming that they will have the games on release and the bonuses tomorrow (now today.)

So thats twice I called, speaking to two separate people, confirming that they will have the games on release day.

So now for today Friday the 21st.
I arrange a ride to go pick up the games. Let me say now that arranging rides for me is difficult as I dont have a car and cant drive, so I have to rely on friends and TRU is a bit out of the way from where I live too
I get there, wait in line at checkout. I tell the lady im picking up my games, she says:
"WE LIED AGAIN THEY HAVE BEEN DELAYED LOL COME BACK MONDAY"
OKAY. So basically, I have to wait to get the game that I PRE-ordered, after everyone else already now has it, AND they told me one game got me a plush when it was in fact two games. ASDFSDdfgkljdhdfghfghjdfgh1dfghdfgsd3

desk_flip.jpg

Needless to say we went to Gamestop right after and bought our games there. Ill still be getting the TRU games but they will all either be resold or returned. I've got 4 games I need to find homes for now. >_>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE! Part 2 to my Toys R Us endeavors.....

So Monday is here and im finally able to pick up my games and Mega Charizards. I don't drive so im catching a bus to go clear on the other side of town to the only TRU in the city. Before I leave, I call TRU to verify that they do in fact actually have the games in this time.
The lady said they did, and then I made sure to verify that they can look up my receipt since I didn't have it, thinking it would only take a minute or two.
Several other TRU people I talked to told me yes and one even checked, but again, I really really do not want to waste another trip there.
The lady puts me on hold for a while. I need to leave to catch the bus soon before I miss it (I was meeting friends and I didnt want to be late.)

After getting my name, email, card number, approximate date of purchase, she still cant find it, and then finally she tells me to print out the emails that were sent to me when the games got delayed to release on Monday. The emails have the transaction numbers on them and they could look them up by that.
Im rushing, because I only have 10 minuets to make it to the bus stop before I miss it. Yahoo picks the perfect time to be down this morning. I could only manage to print one of the emails but I could not get the one for the second transaction because the page would not load, so I hoped that by having the paper for one transaction, they could look up the exact date of that purchase and pull up the second one on their computer.

To make things better, as im half walking, half running to the bus stop, the neighbors dog starts to follow me. I have to cross a busy road up ahead and I cant risk him going that far, so I have to turn around and bring him back. I finally catch the bus after nearly missing it.

Now im finally at Toys R Us waiting in line. The store opened only an hour ago and I didnt see anyone here for Pokemon games, so theres definitely got to be some Charizard plushies left. The man at checkout has to set me aside to wait since I have a special case, and so he can check out the people behind me and call for someone else that can help me. Thats fine, I understand.
Only, its been about 20 minutes now and still no one has come.

Finally some one comes, she looks like she might be a manager. She listens to my explanation, takes my printed email paper, and goes into the office to look up the transaction. They still cant find it, there is a lot of back-and-forth, and finally another 15 minutes later, a more skilled manager lady appears, types in a few numbers at the register, and it pops right up. They told me that they can not look up the second transaction at all what so ever unless I could bring them that other email. Okay, this is probably my punishment for losing my receipt. I still think its weird how they cant look up the transaction at all without the receipt, but whatever. Im lucky they sent me a delay email with the trans number right on it. I check out the first transaction and I get the first Charizard Y plush. I ask about X to make sure they still have it, and the lady tells me she thinks they're out but shes not sure.
...Lets not forget that the entire reason I even chose to pre-order at TRU and get 4 games was strictly because of these plushies for my collection. I planned on re-selling the extra games later at the same price purchased or slightly less.

So I leave to meet my friends for a while in that area and plan on coming back. A few hours later Im back again, and using my friends phone, I was able to pull up the second transaction number email. I show them, they look it up, and I ask about the Charizard X plush.
The guy goes to the back, digs in some boxes, and says something along the lines of:
"SORRY WE RAN OUT. YEAH THE BLUE AND BLACK ONES WENT PRETTY QUICKLY WHEN THE GAMES WERE RELEASED ON FRIDAY NIGHT"

"WHEN THE GAMES"
"WERE RELEASED"
"ON FRIDAY NIGHT."

200_s.gif

What.

So you mean, to tell me, that these games were RELEASED, on FRIDAY night, AFTER I left TRU at 6pm that day, NOT delayed until MONDAY like I was emailed and told? I was a lot more furious than I looked and sounded. Boy I wanted to punch that god damn cheeky cartoon giraffe in the face. Keeping it together, I checked out the second transaction of games and got a second Charizard Y plush. I plan on selling that one on eBay for the price it goes for on PokemonCenter and buying Charizard X online as to basically trade them out.

Sure its just a game, and just a dinky little stuffed animal, but it isnt even about that anymore. The customer service was plain bullsh*t. I was lied to, misinformed, delayed, deceived, and more. I went through immense trouble just to get this pre-order and needless to say I will never be pre-ordering ever again at TRU, no matter how good the pre-order bonus is, and they will be lucky if I buy from there ever again in the future.

I preordered my games, but also need to wait, I hope till moday, to get them... because I lived in Indonesia and I guess they shipping my game from US :(.

I preorder Pokemon X and Smash from same local site before. Pokemon X came after 2 weeks but I get my Smash Bros less than a week after the released date. Hope I can get ORAS faster too :3.

That's weird. I had no problem with tru and they gave me both plushes and I only preordered one set of games. I guess it depends on e attitude of the electronics department.
I'm sorry you had a bad experience though. /:

I didnt pre order the games but i just walked into gamestop today and bought both games, no questions asked. I have always found Gamestop very relable when it comes to this

I preordered on Amazon but the stimated dated I'll receive my games is going to be next monday. I thought that if you preordered the would ship your stuff in advance or something. Guess not :(

Talking about the pre-order . Have anyone got this book ? I'm so curious about this book . Is there has an unseen artwork in this book or just same artwork we're already know .

126053_artbook.jpg

My games actually come today ^0^. I preordered both games and just get a stupid Pikachu Pop Star sticker... I think it better than nothing... Now I need to cancel my plan to play them with my brother :3..

Maybe if im lucky, TRU will forget and end up giving me four plushies lol.

I know its not the entire chain, its just the uninformed workers in this particular store, and apparently their inventory manager. I wouldnt have been nearly as upset about this if they had given me the correct information and didnt make me waste rides from people.

Gamestop has always been reliable for me too, but TRU just had the better pre-order bonus this round. Im tired of lame posters and im an avid plushie collector. I never would have thought that the shipment would come in late though, thus defeating the entire purpose of PRE-ordering and getting the game before everyone else.

A similar story happened to me last year with pre-ordering X & Y from GAME. They only got the games one month after, meanwhile I bought Y from another place.

yammark said:
Talking about the pre-order . Have anyone got this book ? I'm so curious about this book . Is there has an unseen artwork in this book or just same artwork we're already know .

126053_artbook.jpg

I'm pretty sure that book is exclusive to Japan.

Which sucks, the artwork in there looks really good. Hopefully I can pick one up from eBay or something.

PhantomHaze said:
The poster was a preorder special from gamestop? They gave it to me even though I didnt preorder :)

Oh yeah, GAMESTOP, on the other hand, made sure I was taken care of. We pre-ordered Smash4 there so I was at the midnight release. We won a door prize and everything, (it was an awesome put-together Charizard toy. :p) And when we got the game they gave me and my boyfriend both a poster, even though we didnt get OR/AS, and they gave us each one with only one game purchase so that we could use both sides.

I had way too much trouble with pre ordering at TRU, they sent an email saying it was delayed, and i was so angry when i got that, i went out and bought it somewhere else instead.
Note to self, never buy from TRU again.

I had a much different TRU experience. I preordered the games months ago (only had to get the 2), only to get the plush, because in my area anyway, new games are always easy to obtain on launch day. A couple weeks ago, I ended up losing my receipt (or rather, my wife threw it away...), so I went to the store to see if there was any way for them to track down my order. I paid in cash, but I knew what exact day I paid for the preorder, so that helped immensely. They finally found it after about 15-20 minutes of searching their receipt files. I was very happy that they took the time to do this for me. When I bought the games, they gave me both Charizard plushes. I didn't know that they were giving out both with each order; I thought we had to choose one or the other, unless that was a goof on their part... did anyone else get both?

I didn't end up pre-ordering at Toys R Us (apparently I was too late on doing it as they had run out pretty quickly), so I decided to go with Walmart instead. I was expecting them on release day like it had guaranteed online and everything points to the games that they should have come yesterday, but apparently I have to wait until this next Friday for them and no explanation for why after emailing. Really quite lame.

dmaster out.

I pre-ordered my game at a webshop for €45.- back in september So yesterday i thought by myself lets look at the site now they where €90.- That's double the price. So my dad called the customer service an their response was That I bought it from their own site and that the games now on their site come from an other site. So I don't have to pay €90.- that was a relief.

BUT WAIT, THERES MORE! Part 2 to my Toys R Us endeavors.....

So Monday is here and im finally able to pick up my games and Mega Charizards. I don't drive so im catching a bus to go clear on the other side of town to the only TRU in the city. Before I leave, I call TRU to verify that they do in fact actually have the games in this time.
The lady said they did, and then I made sure to verify that they can look up my receipt since I didn't have it, thinking it would only take a minute or two.
Several other TRU people I talked to told me yes and one even checked, but again, I really really do not want to waste another trip there.
The lady puts me on hold for a while. I need to leave to catch the bus soon before I miss it (I was meeting friends and I didnt want to be late.)

After getting my name, email, card number, approximate date of purchase, she still cant find it, and then finally she tells me to print out the emails that were sent to me when the games got delayed to release on Monday. The emails have the transaction numbers on them and they could look them up by that.
Im rushing, because I only have 10 minuets to make it to the bus stop before I miss it. Yahoo picks the perfect time to be down this morning. I could only manage to print one of the emails but I could not get the one for the second transaction because the page would not load, so I hoped that by having the paper for one transaction, they could look up the exact date of that purchase and pull up the second one on their computer.

To make things better, as im half walking, half running to the bus stop, the neighbors dog starts to follow me. I have to cross a busy road up ahead and I cant risk him going that far, so I have to turn around and bring him back. I finally catch the bus after nearly missing it.

Now im finally at Toys R Us waiting in line. The store opened only an hour ago and I didnt see anyone here for Pokemon games, so theres definitely got to be some Charizard plushies left. The man at checkout has to set me aside to wait since I have a special case, and so he can check out the people behind me and call for someone else that can help me. Thats fine, I understand.
Only, its been about 20 minutes now and still no one has come.

Finally some one comes, she looks like she might be a manager. She listens to my explanation, takes my printed email paper, and goes into the office to look up the transaction. They still cant find it, there is a lot of back-and-forth, and finally another 15 minutes later, a more skilled manager lady appears, types in a few numbers at the register, and it pops right up. They told me that they can not look up the second transaction at all what so ever unless I could bring them that other email. Okay, this is probably my punishment for losing my receipt. I still think its weird how they cant look up the transaction at all without the receipt, but whatever. Im lucky they sent me a delay email with the trans number right on it. I check out the first transaction and I get the first Charizard Y plush. I ask about X to make sure they still have it, and the lady tells me she thinks they're out but shes not sure.
...Lets not forget that the entire reason I even chose to pre-order at TRU and get 4 games was strictly because of these plushies for my collection. I planned on re-selling the extra games later at the same price purchased or slightly less.

So I leave to meet my friends for a while in that area and plan on coming back. A few hours later Im back again, and using my friends phone, I was able to pull up the second transaction number email. I show them, they look it up, and I ask about the Charizard X plush.
The guy goes to the back, digs in some boxes, and says something along the lines of:
"SORRY WE RAN OUT. YEAH THE BLUE AND BLACK ONES WENT PRETTY QUICKLY WHEN THE GAMES WERE RELEASED ON FRIDAY NIGHT"

"WHEN THE GAMES"
"WERE RELEASED"
"ON FRIDAY NIGHT."

200_s.gif

What.

So you mean, to tell me, that these games were RELEASED, on FRIDAY night, AFTER I left TRU at 6pm that day, NOT delayed until MONDAY like I was emailed and told? I was a lot more furious than I looked and sounded. Boy I wanted to punch that god damn cheeky cartoon giraffe in the face. Keeping it together, I checked out the second transaction of games and got a second Charizard Y plush. I plan on selling that one on eBay for the price it goes for on PokemonCenter and buying Charizard X online as to basically trade them out.

Sure its just a game, and just a dinky little stuffed animal, but it isnt even about that anymore. The customer service was plain bullsh*t. I was lied to, misinformed, delayed, deceived, and more. I went through immense trouble just to get this pre-order and needless to say I will never be pre-ordering ever again at TRU, no matter how good the pre-order bonus is, and they will be lucky if I buy from there ever again in the future.

Believe me I copied and pasted both part 1 and 2 to this and sent it to their customer relations, with minor revisions of course. Cant be sounding like an angry PO'ed young adult wining over the internet now. :p

Wow, I feel so sorry for you. I just want to buy you the Charizard X plushie to make you happy. I really hope you get some kind of compensation for this, otherwise you go and go super saiyan on them.

Back