My Black and White 1 2 PUNCH team

Chillarmy

El problemo?
Hello beachers!! PO is now carrying Gen 5 pokes, and I have finally made a team that can hold its own. Without further ado, my Gen 5 Team!

gengar.png

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Levitate
252 Sp. Att/ 252 Sp/ 4 HP

- Trick
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt/ Energy Ball

In this team, I run the 1 2 punch lead combo that is ever so popular in Gen. 5. I kind of twist the typical structure though, instead of using Gengar as a suicide lead I set up the Trick then to my bulky secondary lead, leaving Gengar as a late game sweeper and Ground move switch in, and as you will soon see, I will need Gengar as a ground type switch in later on.

Gengar provides great speed, allowing him to always get the trick set up and steal the foe's focus sash or leftovers, which both can come in handy later on. The good old Shadow Ball and Focus Blast combo provides unresistable coverage, and also provides a wall of sheer power. The last moveslot was originally Thunderbolt, but I now think that if Gengar will be switching-in on ground type pokes with ground type attacks, I should have a weakness attack against them. I chose Energy Ball for a solid powerful attack.

The only major problematic leads Gengar sees are any Mischievous Heart leads that will get a taunt on me before I can trick over my choice scarf because of Mischeivous Heart's priority. If you need examples, I'm thinking Erufuun, the grass cotton pokemon, and two of the three genies. For the genies, I would switch in one of my main sweepers and try to kill ASAP. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what can effectively stop Erufuun with HP Fire. Comments?

450.gif

Hippowdon @ Leftovers/ Smooth Rock
Sassy Nature
Sand Stream
252 HP/ 56 Def/ 200 Sp. Def

- Stealth Rock
- Yawn/ Stone Edge/ Roar
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

The second component of my 1 2 Punch lead combo, Hippowdon is an extremely reliable tank, taking hits like the wind and doing his job very well. Even with the introduction of Gen 5, Hippowdon is one of my personal best tanks, with access to direct recovery, the ability to set up rocks, inflict reliable status, and automatically set up Sandstorm.

With the nature and EV combination, Hippowdon gets the brick wall defences of 420 HP, 274 Defence, and 253 Special Defence. That is insane tanking stats. Then with Sandstorm acting as a constant countdown to the opponent, Hippowdon can really wear down the opponent. Stealth Rock is a must, providing me with entry hazard coverage. Slack Off is instant recovery, which is very valuable for Hippowdon during the late game stages. Earthquake is my attacking move, and it can pack a surprising punch. The last moveslot is really up in the air. Yawn works as a great status move, and also an indirect phazing move, Roar is a direct phazer that can dispose of erufuun effectively, while Stone Edge provides coverage. Also, I am unsure which item to equip Hippowdon with. All comments appreciated!

Hippowdon needs to watch out for those bulky waters and faster water sweepers that completely wall it and hit hard with STAB Surf or Boil Over. As you will see later on, Burungeru uses its Water Absorb ability to regain HP and pretty much wall the bulky water. Also, subseeders like Shaymin and Erufuun aren't appreciated by Hippowdon. Also as you will soon see, Mebukujika walls leech seed with it's ability, Herbivore. Ice type attacks are also walled by Heatran and Burungeru.

593.png

Burungeru @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Water Absorb
252 HP/ 200 Def/ 56 Sp. Def

- Boil Over
- Evil Eye
- Recover
- Safeguard/ Acid Armor/ Confuse Ray

Yes, that fat blue flying thing makes an appearance on my team. With 100/70/105 base defences, Burungeru is a reliable special wall that can hit well while inflicting status, and can be great in supporting itself and its teammates. Boil Over is a great new move that provides good power and a 30% chance to burn, and Burungeru functions very well with boil Over. Also, base 85 Special Attacks lets Burungeru take a chunk of HP out of the opponent, making him able to hit hard if necessary.

With its base 85 special attack, Burungeru can hit hard with STAB Boil Over. Then when Boil Over's secondary effect kicks in, I can sweep with Evil Eye. Recover is essential as a reliable recovery move, but Pain Split can be better if my HP is very low. The last moveslot is really up in the air. Safeguard is a great way for Burungeru to support the team, as Will-o-wisp or Thunder Wave can really wreck some of my frail sweepers. Acid Armor provides Burungeru with some physical bulk that can help Burungeru against some faster sweepers like Weavile and Gallade. Confuse Ray can force switches and inflict double status with the burn rate on Boil Over.

Burungeru, like I mentioned earlier, will struggle with fast sweepers with Night Slash. Warubiaru and Heatran can both take dark moves decently, and hit hard with their respective moves. Electric moves are absorbed by Hippowdon and Warubiaru, who can back hard with Earthquake. Any grass moves or subseeders are absorbed by Mebukijika.

530.png

Doryuuzu @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Sand Throw
252 Att/ 252 Sp/ 4 HP

- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Swords Dance

Doryuuzu's base 135 Attack combined with his ability Sand Throw makes him a nearly unstoppable force in sandstorm. He works extremely well with Hippowdon, who sets up the rocks and switches to Dory, who procedes to sweep. With amazing attack and speed boosting ability, Doryuuzu is the main powerhouse of my team, and has the ability to rip up other teams or leave them vulnerable for others to finish off.

Dory's Steel type gives him the ability to switch into resisted attacks and procede to set up +2 Attack with Swords Dance. Earthquake is my main STAB power move, 2HKOing anything that doesn't resist it. Rock Slide hits annoying flying types that try to switch into an Earthquake. X-scissors is filler, and makes good type coverage. As said before, Swords Dance is if I get that extra turn to set up Dory's already godly base 135 attack to even greater heights, making him a huge threat. There isn't much to say, just set up +2 Attack and sweep until the sand runs dry.

Dory's Water weakness is covered by Burungeru with Water Abosrb, while his Ground weakness is covered by Gengar. Skarm won't do Dory any favours, but Hippowdon can Yawn him away.

586.png

Mebukijika @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
Herbivore
252 Att/ 252 Sp/ 4 HP

- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Wood Horn
- Jump Kick/ Leech Seed

Mebukijika is fast and has a good attack stat. Also with a physical Giga Drain in Wood Horn and access to Substitute and Swords Dance, Mebukijika has the potential to run a subswords set. Then with it's ability to absorb grass attacks with Herbivore, Mebukjika has the ability to make up for my teams bulging grass weakness.

Mebukijika runs a standard SubSwords set. Switch in on a Shaymin or Erufuun using Leech Seed, and set up Sub. Then boost my attack with Swords Dance, and procede to sweep. Wood Horn is a great move, that restores half The HP of damage done. Jump kick Works as a good coverage move, while Leech Seed recovers some spare HP. Mebukijika also absorbs leech seed and walls Erufuun, making him an invaluable member of my team.

Mebukajika's Fighting weakness is covered by Gengar and Burungeru, while her weakness to fire is covered by Heatran and Hippowdon. There isn't much to say, she's very straight forward.

609.png

Shandera @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
Flash Fire
252 Sp. Att/ 252 Sp/ 4 HP

- Overheat
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- HP Fighting

Shandera boasts the top special attack in non-ubers, with a whopping 145 base Sp. Attack. Almost nothing can stand in its way. And with a Choice Scarf, it gets the speed boost it needs to be a truly effective sweeper. It acts as a more powerbased Heatran, but more of a hit and run because it can't take hits. He also acts as my Roobushin counter, as Overheat 2HKO's him.

With Shandera's base 145 Sp. Attack, He can become a monster sweeper. However in this case I equip him with a Choice Scarf instead of Choice Specs to make him more of a hit and run revenge killer. Overheat serves this roll nicely, being able to anhiliate with STAB base 140 and then switch out. Shadow Ball acts my second STAB attack, I use it if I need more longevity. Energy Ball is a great coverage move for Shandera, countering Rock, Ground, and Water Types that hit me super effectively. The last slot is HP Fighting, to counter and Dark types in my way.

Shandera's Water weakness is covered by Burungeru, who absorbs the attack with Water Absorb. Ground Attacks are covered by Gengar with Levitate. Dark types are countered by Shandera using HP Fighting, and Ghosts with Shadow Ball.

Hippowdon can use roar well. Really annoying for annoyers trying to annoy you.
Id try out jump kick to see how well it works. Leech seed is good if it doesnt.
Only thing that can stop my/any erfuun is the legends (assuming they are allowed) or another fluffball.
Id also think about swapping doryuuzus xscissor for rapid spin if you dislike hazards.
The last move on burunkeru should be toxic i think. Lowers special defence i think, and slowly killing off the foe just makes life easier for sweepers. Also good for evil eye. Safeguard could also be really good. Its ability could be cursed body. Just more annoying when your foe can finish it off.
Also your team sounds really good for a sandstorm team if you swapped out some pokemon for their equivalents.

Wow. Wicked team. I like the use of Hippowdon and Gengar. You got a strong Special base attacker and a strong Physical base to support each other. Over all very rounded out and very well supported.

I've noticed that a Gengar can come in an hit most of your team for Super Effective damage from just Focus Blast and Shadow Ball. Unless you ensure that not even a Timid and Scarfed Gengar can't kill ya, then it might be better, but that weakness is still there.

Hey. This is my first B/W rate. So bear with me.

Judging by what your using you have a bit to many ghost and dark weaknesses. 3 ghosts is a bit to much. Since this team is a bit more offencive, I suggest using a Tyranitar lead with Stealth Rock over Gengar. This gives you some nice resists and a better way for Sandstorm. You still currently have Hippowdon which seems a bit redundent. Using ScarfChomp feels like a good replacement. +1 Salamence, Ononokusu, Gyarados, and many other Pokemon are given trouble by this one.

Burungeru IMO should be changed to 248 HP / 252 SDEF 8 DEF Calm. This is a better counter to things like LO Starmie and LO Heatran. Changing to Recover / Will-o-Wisp / Surf / Shadow Ball will work simply fine.

IMO Brijion works is a bit better than your grass deer. With a useful secondary STAB it can break through most Pokemon after a simple swords dance. It also can counter Jolteon and Zapdos better due to it's good base SDef. Better speed and offence also help in the long run as well.

Consider running Ballon on Dorryuzuu. This way it cannot be revenged by Garchomp. Another thing to consider is Roobushin over Shandera. This gets rid of your ground weakness and gives you a pretty decent counter to Zoroark and Darkrai.

One last thing to consider is using ScarfTar as a lead with SR. This gives you a good Gengar counter.

Good luck!

Back