General Musicals

Celever

Wheeeee~
There's gotta be some closet musical geeks on this site somewhere! And even if you're not a full musical geek, most people can get some kind of entertainment from these works of art.

As per usual with my tastes, my favourite musicals are a bit hipster, but I can't recommend them enough. In no particular order, my top 2 are Heathers and bare: a pop opera (though it's much more akin to rock pop). The best stagings of these musicals are both on YouTube, so they are easily experienced! :) Both last about 2 hours, and are my go to pick-me-ups if I've had a bad day, though it's worth saying here that both deal with mental health and suicide, so if you're vulnerable, don't watch 'em. They also both swear. Like, quite a lot. :L

What musicals do you guys love? :D

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I've performed in the following musicals:

The Full Monty (2013)
Oliver! (2013)
I Love You, You're Perfect... Now Change (2014)
The Boys From Syracuse (2014)
Man of La Mancha (2015)
The Rocky Horror Show (2015)
Violet (2016)

Rocky Horror was probably the most fun. It's not every day I get to wear stockings and heels on stage.

Don't think I'll have any more opportunities to do any musicals this year, but we'll see.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
I've never seen an actual performance of it, but I dearly love Cats the Musical! I've listened to a recorded performance of it that my mom has in her vinyl collection countless times. It's a rather entertaining one, for sure. :D

Also, RENT. Haven't seen the stage version yet, but the film version was fantastic. Gonna watch the stage version at some point.