Musical Instrument for Teenager

Kingdra King

User experience may vary
I've always wanted to play some sort of instrument. Could someone give me some instruments that they think that a 14 year old kid would enjoy playing?

The violin is awesome. I mean, it's not 'cool', but it's still very fun to play. The viola and cello are also pretty fun. In my opinion, anyway.

Or you could be horribly cliché and learn to play the guitar. No offense to any guitar players.

Yh, Too many guitar players. Think outside the box. I myself love playing the piano. The guitar is fun and all but I just love the soothing sound of the piano :p

Thanks guys! I myself was actually thinking of the Saxophone. Any Saxophone players here?

Again, any advice about any instruments is welcome!

Hey, I'm a music major at UH here in Houston, and I play the trumpet. Personally, I think that the best instrument to learn is either the french horn or the trumpet. Both are highly versatile horns, and can be played in a lot of different ensembles. Of course, almost every person in band will tell you that their instrument is the best... XD

I play Saxophone! =]

It's a great instrument to know. It really depends all on what kind of music you want to play. Saxophone is an instrument that thrives in Pop, Jazz, Band (of course), and R/B. Depending on how you play it, It can have a round, mellow sound, or an intense, wailing one. It does take quite a bit of work to play it well, so watch out for that.

In order to really get the best of the Saxophone, I recommend joining band or jazz band. However, many don't find music classes enjoyable. I love it, personally, but of course, we're two different people.

Flute is fun to play, after you get used to it.

The Piano is also a very useful instrument to learn.

i play the Trumpet I think it's alot of fun it might be hard at first but once you develop your lungs then you'll be able to play for a long time without a breather. ( if that matters to you)

I don't think playing guitar is a cliche, but I guess it is if you start when you're 14. I learnt accoustic guitar since I was 6, and now play electric, classical, and accoustic guitar to what I like to think is a high level. Everyone's like: Zomg guitar thats so boring and easy right? And I tell them to start off is easy, but to get good is near impossible.

I always thought the trumpet was cool, so I would reccomend that :3

You guys are so biased. He'd probably want an instrument he can play without many classes. You don't randomly play a trombone just for the heck of it. Drums, electric guitars, and other instruments that you can "easily" make your own music would be best if you have no other music class experience.

Kingdra King said:
I've always wanted to play some sort of instrument. Could someone give me some instruments that they think that a 14 year old kid would enjoy playing?
Definitely flute!!

If you're looking for a fun instrument that wouldn't take too much work or classes to play decently:

- Ukulele (Charming, fun instrument)
- Harmonica
- Anything from Drum Set to Xylophone (A real xylophone is lots of fun to play)

i only knew how to really play on instrument and that was a recorder. evil recorder. i had guitar lessons for 3 days last summer, didn't work out. clarinet for school in fifth grade was horrible too. i never played. always pretended to play, even at the big concert at the end of the year and even the recorder i only learned 4 songs.

instruments=epic fail

You should uh... fill some glasses with different amounts of water and run your finger on the rims. Cheap, easy, annoying as hell.

PoptartG4791 said:
You should uh... fill some glasses with different amounts of water and run your finger on the rims. Cheap, easy, annoying as heck.

my sister (ShayminJade) does that, really annoying

(btw thats hard for me too...lol)

If ya want something easy to play, try the glockenspiel. I mastered it in about 3 hours

though the guitar isn't that hard if you practice alot.

Back