Music Discussion Thread: What Are You Listening To?

Discussion in 'Beachfront Hangout' started by beebahboo, May 5, 2014.

1. Professor_jplap Nap Time
    Professor_jplap

I've really been digging the Spider Man: Into the Spiderverse soundtrack

2. FourteenAlmonds Roasted, but not salty
    FourteenAlmonds

My favourite band has got to be CHVRCHES right now.

I'm not a huge fan of their recent collaboration with Marshmello, but the last two albums have been brilliant.

I also heard a great Billie Eilish song on the radio called "Bury a Friend". I need to get my hands on the album sooner or later or I'll forget, though, and I don't want to do that.

3. Wechselbalg *****
    Wechselbalg

One of my favourite bands, Ladytron, released their new album in Februrary after an 8-year hiatus.

4. iGeek256 I only use Electric types
    iGeek256

Smiley by Galwaro and Helion

5. Merovingian Expanded Extraordinaire
    Merovingian

Articles Head Member

Listening to about a dozen tracks between the Travis Strikes Again and No More Heroes 1 & 2 OSTs.

- Electric Thunder Tiger II section 1
    - Smoking King fight
    - Eight Hearts fight
    - CIA section 1
    - Mach 13 Elephant Explosion
    - Shoegazer Watched the Stars
    - Nathan is our Boss
    - Season of the Samurai
    - Pleather for Breakfast
    - Stop Hanging DJs
    - Hell on Bare Feet
    - Steel Python
    - K-ENT

6. bbb888 One Life. One Dream.
    bbb888

I don't really have any particular favorite album, but Hollywood Undead is my favorite band!!
    They are ONE OF THE FEW BANDS IN WHICH EVERY MEMBER SINGS; thus they have such great variety and that's why I like them! They are mostly rap/rock but sometimes incorporate other genres too. I'd like to share some of their songs:

"Undead" - their anthem song. The guitar melody is inspired by Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train.
    "Bullet" - one of their most talked about song; when you listen to it, you will know why.
    "War Child" - a song with a very deceiving title.
    "Scene for Dummies" - the last verse of this song is basically random shoutouts, comedic and unexpected!
    "Something to Believe In" - very chill, deep, meaningful song.
    "Gotta Let Go" - similar to the previous song, but this one has more country/alt-rock sound with a touching music video.
    "Usual Suspects" - perfect blend of techno, rock and rap.
    "From the Ground" - reminds me of Chop Suey by System of a Down.
    "Ghost Beach" - one of their rare solo songs. This song describes the history of Los Angeles, as experienced by the band.
    "Pray (put 'em in the dirt)" - super intense and heavy song about.... gardening??
    "Guzzle Guzzle" - I have no idea what this is.

Can you believe all of these songs are done by the same band? I would love to hear your thoughts on H.U.
    Also, I do listen to other rock-ish bands like Sum 41, Linkin Park, Slipknot, and Skillet ;)

7. haiduk Exomancer
    haiduk

cosmic blackened death metal

8. DarkMatterGaming "Wait, he's not dead?"
    DarkMatterGaming

How to Save a Life.

It's been... a long week.

9. haiduk Exomancer
    haiduk

Exomancer full album

10. Ephemera Wandering Faerie~
    Ephemera

nine point eight and world.execute(me) by Mili are both great songs that not too many people I know have heard of.
    So I try to spread them, haha.

As for music from the Western side of the globe, the UK band Daughter is really good. I love their song Youth.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?

Moderated By

GrandPanacea, Juliacoolo, Tails