Help Multiple Status Conditions

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Lucky Dan, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Lucky Dan Aspiring Trainer
    Lucky Dan

Advanced Member Member

Ok, I know you can double up on burn and sleep etc, but what happens if your opponent is asleep and you hit it with confuse or vice versa? Does the new condition take over? Does the old one hold precedence like in the VG? My google-fu is failing me, because I can't quite seem to find an answer. The official rules just say "Only one of those conditions at a time".

2. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

"Only one of those conditions at a time"

3. AuraJackle Aspiring Trainer
    AuraJackle

New conditions overright old ones you are changing there status regardless if they allready have another one or not and obviously you cant be asleep and confused at the same time because there based on card direction

snoopy369 likes this.
  4. PokeMedic Don't talk to me or my Pokemon ever again
    PokeMedic

Articles Staff Activities Staff Member

As a way to remember this, consider that burn and poising have markers that can both be placed at the same time. Other conditions require you to turn the card, and you can only turn the card one way- so one condition at a time. That's how I remembered, anyway. Now that I write that out it sounds complicated.

Otaku and snoopy369 like this.
  5. Lucky Dan Aspiring Trainer
    Lucky Dan

Advanced Member Member

Alright, so it gets whatever you hit it with last irregardless of what status it has now becomes the new relevant status?

If it was asleep, and you hit it with confuse, it wakes up and is confused?

snoopy369 likes this.
  6. treyh37 Watcher of Thorns
    treyh37

yup as others have said asleep/paralyzed/confused share the same condition marker while poison and burn have their own markers and the newest application override each other.

another thing to be aware of is that stronger/weaker versions of a condition can also be overridden, ie a poison that does 4 damage between turns can be overridden by the regular 1 damage between turns and vise versa.

Otaku, Lucky Dan and snoopy369 like this.
  7. aakanksha5 Aspiring Trainer
    aakanksha5

Only one of the conditions at once.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?