Writing Multiplayer Pokémon TCG format

Slightlynobody

Aspiring Trainer
This seems like the best place for this.

If your not interested, move along. Hating on something someone else enjoys just because you don't is a waste of breath. There is another 100 card singleton format that I tried to play before doing this, It still suffered from many of the power creep issues keeping older cards from play so my playgroup didn't like it. Yes, this is obviously based on the commander format from Magic The Gathering.

When designing the rules for this format, I have set out to do 2 things; 1. Allow as many cards from the history of Pokémon TCG to be played. 2. Allow for a fun multiplayer variation that makes your unused cards more than wasted cardboard.

I would love for as many people as possible to play test, and give feedback. My playgroup and the few people I have shown this love it, but I can't look through every card or anticipate every interaction. The Pokemon game is designed for 1V1 and as such, without making this format extremely confusing I must carefully examine wording and attempt to blanket errata their choice of wording.

Our Facebook page (I just made before posting this) https://www.facebook.com/Companion-Pokémon-Unlimited-Format-428470200994096/

And a direct link to the current rules https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-CGQOhcixZQYo8VMMXgmyF9jWPUSb3baYfSW4ie8QoA/edit?usp=drivesdk

I'm the future, if this picked up even the slightest of steam I plan to make an official website with a better card database than what is currently offered anywhere.

that ivy guy

Aspiring Trainer
Suppose I were to use this as my Companion line:
KecleonEXLegendMaker37.jpg

Would that enable all of those types to exist in the deck?
Or does energy symbol refer only to energy attack costs?

Slightlynobody

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, that would allow all those colors. Also, the cards where the symbols are there but just black also would count. There is a porygon that one if my friends use, I can't remember the set.

that ivy guy

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, that would allow all those colors. Also, the cards where the symbols are there but just black also would count. There is a porygon that one if my friends use, I can't remember the set.
Ah yeah, Evolutions Porygon has all those plus Dragon and Fairy, and on top of that, is actually able to evolve and be usable.