Ruling Mulligan Question

Monsterblood12

Aspiring Trainer
Well, I think I have the pokemon TCG game down by now, but I have run into this scenario just recently and wasn't sure what to do:
My Opponent draws 7 cards (start of game) Lays down his basic pokemon face down, and puts aside 6 prizes. I don't have a basic, so I (mulligan) reshuffle my deck and draw 7 new cards. The question I have is, does my opponent draw his extra card because of my mulligan before or AFTER he lays his prize cards down? Example: He already laid his prize cards down, and I mulligan, so would he reshuffle his prizes into deck so he could draw extra card, or just draw? I hope this makes sense lol

Thanks in advance

RE: I have a scenario question

After the prizes are set out by both players. Before active Pokémon are flipped to start the game.

So it is proper to draw an extra card due to the opposing players mulligan after laying the prizes, not before? I am sorry but I am still a little confused by this haha

Prizes first, then mulligan draw.

Both players must have their prizes out before the mulligan draw. Common practice is to place a die on your deck to keep track of the amount of mulligan draws you're allowed since you can't draw them till your opponent has set their prizes after placing a basic out.

Back