Ruling Mulligan cards

Mariano11887

Goalkeeper
Hi there,

I am a little confused about how many cards the opponent can take when you mulligan. For example, in PTCGO I mulliganed once and then my opponent took 4 cards! My understanding was that the other player can take 1 card per mulligan. Can anybody tell me what is the rule for this?

It's very simple. For every time you mulligan, your opponent takes 1 card, and for every time your opponent mulligans, you take a card.

However, if both players mulligan, no one takes a card.

Here's a few example scenarios:

Player A Mulligans
Player B Draws normal hand
Player A Draws normal hand

Player B draws one card

Player A Mulligans
Player A Mulligans again
Player B draws 2 cards

Player A Mulligans
Player B Mulligans

No extra cards are drawn

Player A Mulligans
Player B Mulligans

Player A Mulligans again

Player B draws 1 card

Hi there,
I am a little confused about how many cards the opponent can take when you mulligan. For example, in PTCGO I mulliganed once and then my opponent took 4 cards! My understanding was that the other player can take 1 card per mulligan. Can anybody tell me what is the rule for this?

For mulligans in PTCGO, it might look like you mulliganed only once, but you actually mulliganed 4 times. It gives you only one mulligan screen and shuffle animation despite how many mulligans were taken. Be aware of the number of mulligans it says you took on the top of the screen.

For mulligans in PTCGO, it might look like you mulliganed only once, but you actually mulliganed 4 times. It gives you only one mulligan screen and shuffle animation despite how many mulligans were taken. Be aware of the number of mulligans it says you took on the top of the screen.
Oh ok. So no matter how many times I mulligan, TCGO will only show one shuffle animation. I didn't realize of the number of mulligans on the top of the screen. That solved my doubt.

It's very simple. For every time you mulligan, your opponent takes 1 card, and for every time your opponent mulligans, you take a card.

However, if both players mulligan, no one takes a card.
Very clear explanation. It's how I knew it then. Thanks!

You draw based on hw many more mulls he had so if he had 3 and you had 1 you draw 2. If you had 5 and he had 3 . He draws 2

On Multi-Mulligans- there is an arrow on the side- where you can cycle thru the hands... (either to see what you showed or what else they showed you)

Back