Ruling Mr. Mime Scoop Up Block - How much does it affect?

Rahlton

Aspiring Trainer
So I get that the ability prevents the effects of cards like Acerola and Super Scoop Up, but what happens with cards like Recycle Energy and U-turn Boards or even the Aegislash from Unified Minds when the Pokemon gets knocked out from damage?
Since when Aegislash gets knocked out, it would still have damage counters on it, so would it prevent those cards from being put in the hand and send them to the discard instead?

from the compendium

Scoop-Up Block (Mr.Mime - Team Up)
Q. What happens if I play Acerola or Super Scoop Up for a Pokemon with damage counters on it, but my opponent has Mr. Mime with the "Scoop-Up Block" Ability in play?
A. You can play the Acerola or Super Scoop Up, but its effect will be blocked and it goes to the discard pile without doing anything. (Mar 28, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

Q. Does Mr. Mime's "Scoop-Up Block" Ability prevent Recycle Energy or U-Turn Board from going back in to the hand?
A. Yes, it does. (Aug 1, 2019 TPCi Rules Team)

with these examples yes aegislash should go to the discard.

I was annoyed to learn what I thought was an Acerola counter can also stop magearna from moving your tools around. I guess technically it also blocks the effect of Tingly Return GX.

Back