Movie Box Office

Guts

CyberPhunk
RE: Movie Discussion Thread II

Yeah, I'm seeing TRON: Legacy tomorrow, and I'm definitely taking an interest in the next transformers movie, except for one little tidbit: NO UNICRON?

AadmM

Doin' It Right

Just got back from watching TRON: Legacy. Loved every minute of it, but the whole End of Line sequence was definitely a high point for me. As soon as that scene started playing I started getting really excited...'cuz I knew what was coming :D

The entire film was really fantastic, though. And Daft Punk's work on the soundtrack sounded even more golden coming out of those enormous theater speakers. Needless to say, this is a guaranteed DVD purchase for me on day one!

Oh, and I got to see the trailer for the next Pirates movie too...pretty cool. Loved Barbossa's new outfit :p But seriously, once again we're ditching some familiar characters for a whole new story, so it should be pretty interesting to see what becomes of that. There's potential there, but I'd hate to see them ruin a perfectly good series by milking it to death.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I also saw Tron today. Talk about an entertaining movie. The visuals were simply stunning and the score was amazing. I can't say really one bad thing about it. Everything I hoped and more. This needs more people to go see it.

dmaster out.

LostSalamence

LOST: The End

'Oh, and I got to see the trailer for the next Pirates movie too...pretty cool. Loved Barbossa's new outfit But seriously, once again we're ditching some familiar characters for a whole new story, so it should be pretty interesting to see what becomes of that. There's potential there, but I'd hate to see them ruin a perfectly good series by milking it to death. '

You're right about that, but what could go wrong^^ Barbossa seriously has been to a barber as well. Nice new hair&beard-cut lol

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Trailer for Season of the Witch was adult swim. The trailer looks good.

thefleeee

Uber N00b
RE: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Review

This one in my opinion was worse than the 4th but better than the rest

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
RE: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 Review

Please, don't revive threads that are older than 2 weeks.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Weekend Box Office (December 17 - 19, 2010)

1 - - TRON: Legacy - - $43,600,000.00
2 - - Yogi Bear - - $16,705,000.00
3 - - The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader - - $12,400,000.00
4 - - The Fighter - - $12,200,000.00
5 - - The Tourist - - $8,700,000.00
6 - - Tangled - - $8,676,000.00
7 - - Black Swan - - $8,300,000.00
8 - - How Do You Know - - $7,600,000.00
9 - - Harry Potter/Deathly Hallows Part 1 - - $4,845,000.00
10 - - Unstoppable - - $1,800,000.00

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

New Movies Coming Soon to Theaters 12/24/10

12/22/2010
Country Strong
Plot: A rising country star and a former star come together to spark each others' fame - but when romance enters the picture, things get complicated.

12/22/2010
Gulliver's Travels (2010)
Plot: A travel writer expecting to see Bermuda, instead winds up in Lilliput, where he makes a BIG impression.

12/22/2010
Little Fockers
Plot: It may have taken 10 years, two kids and whole lot of patience, but finally Greg Focker thinks that he has finally impressed his father-in-law Jack Byrnes. But as his sons' 10th birthday party approaches, old habits die hard and Greg begins to read into Jack's motives. As everything begins to unravel around him, will he be able to rise above his suspicions or will Jack discount him once and for all?

12/22/2010
Somewhere
Plot: When his young daughter comes to visit an actor deep into the Hollywood lifestyle decides to reexamine his life.

12/22/2010
True Grit (2010)
Plot: The Coen Brothers' take on the classic western: A grizzled U.S. Marshal and stubborn young woman join forces to track down the men who murdered her father.

12/24/2010 Dahmer vs. Gacy
Genre: Comedy/Horror

AadmM

Doin' It Right

Dude, TRON made a killing. Impressive.

My brother's wanting to see Little Fockers. Personally, I haven't seen a Fockers movie in so long I've forgotten what they were like :p

Guts

CyberPhunk

True Grit? Without John Wayne? It had better be the best western remake I've ever seen, or I shall be very displeased.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member

I've heard mostly good reviews of the movie so far. I might see it in a couple months.

dmaster out.

Guts

CyberPhunk

Just saw The Book of Eli on HBO. Very good, and I seriously recommend.

JacobeTheElf

Future Marine and hopeful Army Ranger

Watched Black Hawk Down for like the the third time. Gets better every time. I highly recommend watching it, but it is pretty graphic (tons of blood; one guy has a seizure and the seizure seriously looked real. Freaked me out) and says fudge like crazy. Other than that, it is a great war movie based on a true story.

~JE~

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Weekend Box Office (December 24 - 26, 2010)

1 - - Little Fockers - - $ 34,015,000
2 - - True Grit - - $25,600,000.00
3 - - TRON: Legacy - - $20,107,000.00
4 - - The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage... - - $10,800,000.00
5 - - Yogi Bear - - $8,800,000.00
6 - - The Fighter - - $8,500,000.00
7 - - Gulliver's Travels - - $7,200,000.00
8 - - Black Swan - - $6,600,000.00
9 - - Tangled - - $6,519,000.00
10 - - The Tourist - - $5,700,000.00

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer

I saw Tron: Legacy yesterday. It was much better than I had expected. I thought it would be another movie with great CGI, but a lame storyline (Looking at you, Transformers*cough*), but the storyline was fine. Of course the CGI was great, but the important thing was that it had a good story. One of the best movies I've seen all year.