Movie 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterryanx

N
Has anyone seen Mew and the Wave Guiding Hero Lucario yet? I'd have to say it's one of the best movies yet. Feel free to post your opinions and thoughts on the movie here. ;)

masterryanx

N
RE:  Movie 8

Gardevoir88 said:
i didnt see the movie in japan but there are pictures of the movie if you go to serebii.net

You do know there are download instructions here at PokeBeach right?

Anyway I thought the movie was great. It had a somewhat more mature feel to it compared to past movies, and the opening credits with the theme song were just the best! Manyula's fight with Trophius was my favorite parts in the opening credits. And I had that song stuck in my head for hours. :D Also the battles with the Regis were cool. Plus I really liked the scene at the start with the war. It was just so cool when you saw each Pokemon clash together. :)

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I didn't really think it was THE BEST one out of the eight, but it was definately up there. I hated how they spent so much time in the castle, and not enough time on the Regis. They only got like ten minutes of screen time. I still think Lugia is the best one.

Pros (my opinion):
1. The opening was the best out of all of them.
2. The story was a little more unique/creative than your average Pokemon movie, although it was very similar to Lati@s.
3. The music was extrememly well done, as was the art in the movie (those petals were so cool!)
4. The Regis were creepy and had cool voices. Their eyes were freaky too.

Cons:
1. The whole dancing / Pokemon playing / castle scene was way too long. I thought it was kind of boring too.
2. They didn't spend enough time on the Regis! They could had done sooo much more with them.
3. Make Mew a little more serious. They make it seem so oblivious to everything that goes on.

Overall, this is probably my second favorite, with Lugia being the first. I give it a 9/10.

masterryanx

N

BoDragon said:
Unfortunately, I have not seen this yet.  How was Lucario?

Awsome. He so cool. He was agile, strong, and smart. Ever since I saw the movie he went onto my favorite Pokemon list. :D

masterryanx

N

BoDragon said:
Were there any cool Water type Pokémon that had atleast one appearance?

Hmm, let me think.... I think I saw Blastoise during the war scene in the beggining of the movie. But, I really can't think of anymore at the moment. Not a lot of water types in this movie...

ArrEmmDee

Aspiring Trainer
Personally I'm holding onto vague hopes that this movie had a short included but everyone neglected to mention it? Otherwise I'm not downloading it ever!!

...Even if everyone says its awesome, because I felt betrayed when everyone said Destiny Deoxys was a well written movie but it was particularly horrid and really felt like it was made for the sake of being made-- even though the robot guys were sort of cool...

How is Team Rocket in the movie? Probably minimal-- main flaw of (most of) the movies!!

Gardevoir88

PSYCHIC DOOD
just thinking about lucario i wonder what his stats might be for the new diamond/pearl game. I bet he probibly will have high speed with high defence and special defence but low attack,low special attack, and low hp probibly:rolleyes:

masterryanx

N

ArrEmmDee said:
Personally I'm holding onto vague hopes that this movie had a short included but everyone neglected to mention it? Otherwise I'm not downloading it ever!!

...Even if everyone says its awesome, because I felt betrayed when everyone said Destiny Deoxys was a well written movie but it was particularly horrid and really felt like it was made for the sake of being made-- even though the robot guys were sort of cool...

How is Team Rocket in the movie? Probably minimal-- main flaw of (most of) the movies!!

Sadly, no Mini Movie. That was one of the things I was hoping for too.

And ya, Team Rocket was VERY unimportent they just did the usual for a Pokemon movie...

masterryanx

N

darkrayquaza said:
i miss mini movies but ill just wait until it comes on kids wb (like they did to deoxys) or dvd

It is really cool to watch it in the original Japanese form though, you get to see it the way it was originally meant to be, and then watch the dub and compare the two. Well that's just me... Other people could have different opinions. ;)

Osiris' Prophet

Aspiring Trainer
Hey, I'm a bit confused with the bitorrent from the site, but is it supposed to have english subtitles? I am unable to get any to display and if it is, I'd like help how with my Windows Media Player.

masterryanx

N
As far as I know there are two versions out a subbed and a raw. Maybe you downloaded the raw version by mistake....

Quatra

Aspiring Trainer
I'm Really looking forward to seeing this Movie, can't wait til the U.S gets a chance to see it. But i must say, when they release it on DVD as i'm sure they will. I hope they release it in Fullscreen version. I hate Widescreen DVDs. Many People mention how Fullscreen, you lose part of the footage. I don't mind that so long as i don't have that bar on the top and bottom.

Heavenly Spoon

Back???
Advanced Member

Water Pokémon Master said:
3. Make Mew a little more serious. They make it seem so oblivious to everything that goes on.
What's the point of having mew when he has to be serious, mew is the most fun making pokémon ever, and that's why I like him.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I want to see the movie but I don't know when it comes out here in the US.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.