Movie 21 Trailer Airs on 'Oha Suta,' Seems to Be Taking a Different Direction

Since lugia is in it, I assume it's gonna be a continuation of Movie 20, like OVA style I'm guessing.

Ash looks... um, interesting.

It'll be cool if this movie forms its own alternate universe with I Choose You. And possibly future movies.

I really like the artwork for this one! Super curious to see what it will be about and how it is.

**Spoiler Alert for I choose you**

I really hope Pikachu doesn't speak English again though lol #Freaky

Ash looks a little older again vs sun and Moon anime - which is good I liked the slightly older and wiser approach XYZ took - I wish they would have did a time space Shinnoh cash in seeing it all go a bit Dragonball and future ash came back to beat ultra beasts or something awesome, just to see a pokemon master with a full powered up team of his all stars, battle weary vetern pikachu and maybe a legendary under his control would be epic - and actually would have been great fan service to close off 20 year anniversary ( tying into for western release anniversary lol)

I am I love with the art style,I hope this takes place in alola and that the sun and moon style becomes this after its first phase concludes. Also hoping that this film will give us Zeraora.
The first phase has concluded. Sun and Moon is now into its second half; UltraBattle Sun&Moon i believe it is called. Because Cosmog and Aether Corp. are now in the mix. I have been watching the sub. The character design and animation style has not changed. I believe the director isnt going to change the animation style for the entire Sun&Moon series, at all.

I really like the artwork for this one! Super curious to see what it will be about and how it is.
Well, the scene at the end gives a slight hint. The story may have something to do with the new girl.

**Spoiler Alert for I choose you**

I really hope Pikachu doesn't speak English again though lol #Freaky
Well, i remember that part from the Indigo league series a long time ago on T.V.. Satoshi/Ash was having a delusion or a dream where Pikachu was saying something to him. When he passed out from protecting Pikachu from those Spearow, or something. All i remember is that he passed out during the 2 or 3 episodes about meeting Pikachu for the first time and the KOd Ash was having a delusional dream about a talking Pikachu.

I'm 50/50 on the art. I like the girl, but ash? eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww. He LOOKS like a girl
I'm pretty sure that in the gen 1-2 Indigo and Johto Journeys he looked like a girl because of the old character design back then. The voice was more girly than the other English actresses in DP thru Sun&Moon. The shot of ash in the trailer wasnt that long. So his design may have seemed girlish. We wont know for sure until a more solid trailer is released or Ash's new design is unofficially leaked. However, i love the new animation artwork for the movie.

It looks amazing can't wait I kinda wish that this was the art for the anime.....although I kind of like the anime art right now.

At least Ash doesn't look like he went from 13 years old (XYZ) to 7 years old (Sun/Moon). But now he looks like a girl...

I know everyone's excited but still, when will we get a Sun and Moon movie? Even if its a Necrozma or Zeraora one with that lame animation! The whole "How Pikachu and Ash met" thing was a good idea, but what's this supposed to be?

Finally, what's going to be the theme song opening for this?

Everyone is saying it is a continuation of Pokemon The Movie 20, but it feels like you are missing a couple zeros to me... In my opinion it is very reminiscent of Pokemon The Movie 2000. Maybe since Pokemon 2000 marked the end of the 20th century, and since we are on the 21st movie and it is the 21st century now (not to mention we just had a throwback movie), maybe we will see some form of continuation or reiteration of the film. I haven't watched the anime in a while, but the music and everything just feels like the second film.

Everyone is saying it is a continuation of Pokemon The Movie 20, but it feels like you are missing a couple zeros to me... In my opinion it is very reminiscent of Pokemon The Movie 2000. Maybe since Pokemon 2000 marked the end of the 20th century, and since we are on the 21st movie and it is the 21st century now (not to mention we just had a throwback movie), maybe we will see some form of continuation or reiteration of the film. I haven't watched the anime in a while, but the music and everything just feels like the second film.
The music feels like the second film because it literally had music from it. I like the way you're thinkin'.

Back