TCG Fakes Mountain View (A Text-Based TCG Reboot Set) (57.27%)

Nice set so far! I noticed particularly in this recent update that you have a lot of generic poisoning Pokémon. I was thinking that perhaps you could venture into some even flavourful effects and attacks in relation to the mountainous theme. Terrain Defenders and Mountain Mash (in the previous update) were quite nice, so perhaps you could make a few more flavourful attack like those, especially on the more minor Pokémon such as Nidorina. That said, your wording has been really good and I enjoy reading your set!

Thanks for the comments bbninjas. I may end up going back to change some of them in the future if I come up with any good ideas for them.

-------------------------------

Here are the five Stadium cards of the set! I wanted to stay away from Stadiums (and Trainer cards in general) that only affect specific types.
Dark Cave TRAINER - Stadium
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.
Whenever either player tries to play a Supporter or Item card from his or her hand, that player must discard 1 other card from his or her hand (if they can't, they can't play that card).
88 / 110 (Uncommon)
Frozen Peak TRAINER - Stadium
This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.
Each player can't attach any Energy or Pokemon Tool cards to his or her Active Pokemon.
90 / 110 (Uncommon)
Pleasant Plateau TRAINER - Stadium
Once during each player's turn, that player may draw a card.
97 / 110 (Uncommon)
Rocky Hillside TRAINER - Stadium
Whenever either player puts a Basic Pokemon onto his or her Bench, put 1 damage counter on that Pokemon for each [C] in its Retreat Cost.
101 / 110 (Uncommon)
Volcanic Vent TRAINER - Stadium
Once during either player's turn, that player may discard the top card of his or her deck. If he or she does, that player's opponent discards the top card of his or her deck.
106 / 110 (Uncommon)

I love the creative flavour of these stadiums! I really can imagine each place, especially from the names.

My only concern us Frozen Peak. It feels extremely over powered. If you run any sort of discard energy accelerator, you've sorta won the game there and then. Any sort of energy remover would also be devastating with this Stadium in play.

I could change it to just Special Energy (although in my format that would only affect DCE) ... I like the idea of "freezing" the active Pokemon out of energy. A couple of things to consider... in my format, there are no Item cards for energy discard (or acceleration for that matter). The energy acceleration and discard in the format is mostly attack based and even the ability-based acceleration ends up only being attachable to your benched Pokemon anyway. Also, as a stadium, it's not all that tricky to get out of the effect, although that obviously could be only a short-term solution depending how the stadium war goes. Personally, I completely agree that it would be OP in the current TCG format, but I think, given that it is a standalone format and the card only affects Active Pokemon for each player, it is tough to abuse it in a particularly overpowered way.

All that said, though, I did have a bit of concern about Frozen Peak and Dark Cave (I nerfed Dark Cave a little bit before I posted it - it used to affect all Trainers - I changed it so that you can play your counter-stadium without discarding a card) and I am open to changing it a bit.

Oh, it says Active...? I'm really derping today. :p

I reckon that preventing typical energy attachments is a bit of an unfun effect, and can be a bit overpowered. That said, it's much better than either player being unable to drop energy, which is what I thought it was in the first place. >_>

haha, indeed it does say Active. yeah, it would be very overpowered otherwise, I agree. I may change it yet as I do agree that preventing energy attachments is a bit of an unfun effect. Another thing I was considering is having it shut off Abilities and Tools for each player's Active Pokémon.
----------------------------------------------------------------

So last update was the Stadiums, with this update I'm going to post the Supporters of the set:
Hiker TRAINER - Supporter
You may only play 1 Supporter card during your turn.
Put a card from your discard pile into your hand.
93 / 110 (Uncommon)
Path Guide TRAINER - Supporter
Look at the top 6 cards of your deck. Choose 2 of them and put them in your hand. Shuffle the other cards back into your deck.
96 / 110 (Uncommon)
Pokemon Ranger TRAINER - Supporter
Discard 1 card from your hand. Then, search your deck for up to 2 Item cards, reveal them, and put them in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
98 / 110 (Uncommon)
Professor Cozmo TRAINER - Supporter
Shuffle your hand into your deck, then draw 6 cards.
99 / 110 (Uncommon)
Rest Stop Lady TRAINER - Supporter
Heal 30 damage and all Special Conditions from each of your Pokemon.
100 / 110 (Uncommon)
Stranded Trainer TRAINER - Supporter
Choose 1 of your Pokemon and discard as many Energy cards attached to it as you like. Draw 2 cards for each card discarded in this way.
104 / 110 (Uncommon)
In the actual format today, there are a lot of useful Supporters out there. It was kind of tough to come up with a set of Supporters to all put in this set that would provide playability and still some strategy in supporter lines (ie. something beyond just, play 4 of a couple draw supporters and nothing else gets used). I think I like what is here though.

Back