Help Most competitive Fighting Pokemon deck

mrfr1day

Aspiring Trainer
So funny story. I was done buying boxes/packs seeing how I got my 3 Leles and enough Aqua Patches/Choice bands to build a house of cards for a family of 3. However just for one last time i decided to buy a single pack from Wal-Mart. Went though the pack and thought I had bought a pack with no rare. Looked through the pack a second time and noticed the fighting energy had a gold border. Now that I have a Secret Rare Energy. I have to use it. What fighting deck is currently the most competitive?

Lycanroc GX. Midnight form probably. Played with Eevee's for weakness etc.
Only issue is relies heavily on strong energy, so you wouldn't see that pretty SR energy pop up too often

For those sole purpose of seeing the SR energy... The other Lycanroc GX and run it with some energy denial cards since the other form does 20 or 30 damage for one energy and it discards and energy off the opponents active... I think

Though it performs woefully against Decid/Plume, Mew/Passimian is so damn fun & fast. But with the new garb (20 for each item in the discard) and a deck that runs 30 items, you're going to die pretty fast. Also whilst passimian is fighting, you don't run any fighting energy... So forget that one... ha

Lycanroc-GX (Midday) or Zygarde-EX is the best choice. Lycanroc discards energy and is kinda stally while doing heavy damage at the same time, but Zygarde is faster and hits harder.

Lycanroc GX. Midnight form probably. Played with Eevee's for weakness etc.
Only issue is relies heavily on strong energy, so you wouldn't see that pretty SR energy pop up too often

For those sole purpose of seeing the SR energy... The other Lycanroc GX and run it with some energy denial cards since the other form does 20 or 30 damage for one energy and it discards and energy off the opponents active... I think

Though it performs woefully against Decid/Plume, Mew/Passimian is so damn fun & fast. But with the new garb (20 for each item in the discard) and a deck that runs 30 items, you're going to die pretty fast. Also whilst passimian is fighting, you don't run any fighting energy... So forget that one... ha

I have found the version of this that I dislike playing against the most is far more heavily weighted toward energy denial and doesn't include the Eeveelutions. It isn't like Lycanroc + Carbink Break really struggles a ton to hit for high damage anyway. While I agree that the deck can struggle to OHKO things, the whole point is to deny energy to the point where it doesn't matter. The denial version definitely doesn't do well against decks that can replenish from the discard with relative ease though.

Just curious on your guys' thoughts on Garchomp? For two energy he's doing 160, and 210 with Choice Band and Fighting Energy. Of course you have to set up but it should be easier with Tapu Lele. Turn one Wally can be a thing. Worth Building?

Just curious on your guys' thoughts on Garchomp? For two energy he's doing 160, and 210 with Choice Band and Fighting Energy. Of course you have to set up but it should be easier with Tapu Lele. Turn one Wally can be a thing. Worth Building?

Nope. I run a Garchomp deck. With the transition to GX pokemon, it doesn't hit hard enough on a consistent basis (which is a shame because the deck is a lot of fun to play). I think Garchomp would make sense in a role similar to Gallade in a Maxie's deck, but TBH if you are going to do that, you are better off just running Gallade.

I too have built 2 versions of a Lycanrock deck: 1) energy denial and 2)with "friends" to provide counters to the major meta decks. I'd suggest building and testing both of these variations. Interestingly enough, you can tech for Item-lock and Item-"abundance" (i.e., Garbodor) without too much difficulty, IMO.

Back