Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several new cards were just revealed from VMAX Climax! The set will release in Japan on December 3rd.
Morpeko V-UNION – Lightning – HP310
V-UNION
How to play a Pokemon V-UNION: Once per game during you turn, combine 4 different Morpeko V-UNION from your discard pile and put them onto your Bench.
[C] Union Gain: Attach up to 2 [L] Energy cards from your discard pile to this Pokemon.
[C][C] All You Can Eat: Draw cards until you have 10 cards in your hand.
[L][C][C] Burst Wheel: 100x damage. Discard all Energy from this Pokemon. This attack does 100 damage for each card discarded in this way.
[L][C][C] Lightning Ball: 160 damage.
When your Pokemon V-UNION is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 3 Prize cards.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Acerola is... Mediocre. I mean, sure, you can spread 13 damage counters with Double Turbo Energy, but you are entirely to the whim of your opponent. You will be drawing 2-3 cards in average.

Eiscue is ok, but at this point Fusion Strike decks need something other than situational bench sitters for Mew to copy.

Morpeko V-Union is eh. It can hit harder, but the item lock from Pikachu is a far stronger effect. At least this means they are not done with V-Unions just yet.

Gloria is Brigette with a finally balanced effect.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
About Morpeko V-Union, we won't get it in Brilliant Stars as the initial information doesn't state it. It says 20 Vs, 15 FA Vs, 3 VMAXs, 4 VSTARs, and that 30-card subset. None of which says V-Union. Meaning like the first 4 V-Unions, this Morpeko will end up as a Promo over here.

Morpeko V-Union - Without DTE, It can KO every single Pokemon VMAX for 4 energy, with DTE, It can KO most VMAXs and all VSTARs. You get my point? 4

Mimikyu VMAX - In order to do 13 dmg counters, you have to peek your opponent's hand and draw. Great! I hate cards like this. Sky Circus is the main example. If you do this, you have to do that. 2nd atk meh, 120 isn't great now even for 2 energy. 3-4

Gloria - what is a Rule Box? Seems you forget this thing (Pokemon V, Pokemon GX, etc., have Rule Boxes). Cmon, guys. Also this is balanced card for those who are tired of Kricketunes, Crobats, etc. Even decks that plays Inteleon, FS, Bronzong, etc. can take advantage of this. Love this card. 5 Geodudes. Brawly and that Unova Trio will be flushed to the toilet finally.

Dedenne - not that impactful, sorry. 3

Eiscue - 160 if you have 4 FSE on Eiscue (and it doesn't specify to all of your Pokemon or to your active Pokemon) without any extra help seems meh, especially you can't KO a Crobat in that range, again without extra help, and this attack snipes thru the bench. 3

Druddigon - Forever bad, ignore that one. 2-3

Acerola's Premonition - just play Hop if you find 3 Trainer cards there. 3

Last edited:

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
Mimykyu's second attack: 120 for two specific energies in a V-Max (an evolution) is pretty bad.

Red-EyesHydreigon

Aspiring Trainer
About Morpeko V-Union, we won't get it in Brilliant Stars as the initial information doesn't state it. It says 20 Vs, 15 FA Vs, 3 VMAXs, 4 VSTARs, and that 30-card subset. None of which says V-Union. Meaning like the first 4 V-Unions, this Morpeko will end up as a Promo over here.

Morpeko V-Union - Without DTE, It can KO every single Pokemon VMAX for 4 energy, with DTE, It can KO most VMAXs and all VSTARs. You get my point? 4

Mimikyu VMAX - In order to do 13 dmg counters, you have to peek your opponent's hand and draw. Great! I hate cards like this. Sky Circus is the main example. If you do this, you have to do that. 2nd atk meh, 120 isn't great now even for 2 energy. 3-4

Gloria - what is a Rule Box? Seems you forget this thing (Pokemon V, Pokemon GX, etc., have Rule Boxes). Cmon, guys. Also this is balanced card for those who are tired of Kricketunes, Crobats, etc. Even decks that plays Inteleon, FS, Bronzong, etc. can take advantage of this. Love this card. 5 Geodudes. Brawly and that Unova Trio will be flushed to the toilet finally.

Dedenne - not that impactful, sorry. 3

Eiscue - 160 if you have 4 FSE on Eiscue (and it doesn't specify to all of your Pokemon or to your active Pokemon) without any extra help seems meh, especially you can't KO a Crobat in that range, again without extra help, and this attack snipes thru the bench. 3

Druddigon - Forever bad, ignore that one. 2-3

Acerola's Premonition - just play Hop if you find 3 Trainer cards there. 3
Does Double Turbo work with Morpeko? It says 100 per card, not energy.

Nyora

A Cat
Why does Morpeko VMAX exist.

Mimikyu VMAX looks fun. This could work with the Smack and Run Greedent to slap into one of your Dummy Doll Mimikyu V, then next turn evolve, play Acerola's Premonition, and spread 13. Or, you could use Galarian Rapidash V's Libra Horn to bring something to 100 then next turn slap 80 with Greedent to bring it real close to a KO. Of course, you could use 1-2 Twin Energy to allow Greedent to more easily nab a KO, or some combination of damage boosting effects. If you have the ability to, you could just clean it later. It's 2nd attack is unusable, but I suppose the effect is strong. If there was a way to power this attack up without needing to have other Psychic mons in play I'd be much more of a fan of it.

Dedenne is cute, but 80 in the lategame + confusion would've been a lot cooler on an evolving basic.

I like Eiscue, it's not super strong but does give Fusion Strike decks a decent snipe option. The damage is a little low, but it'll allow for some cool cleanups.

Why does Druddigon exist. If we get a DDE reprint one day, epic, if not, unepic.

Acerola's Premonition is kind of cool. Pretty weak draw, but it makes me wonder if we'll get more cards that force Trainers such as Pokemon Tools or Stadiums back into the opponent's hand. Probably not, but you need to play this in Mimikyu VMAX anyway, so you'll have to make do.

Gloria looks fairly weak at a glance. We don't have stuff like Tapu Lele-GX or Jirachi-EX in this format, and while we do have a few ways to get it out T1, I can't really see a way to play this that doesn't entice me to play 3 or 4 of them (so I can use it T1 most often), killing their value in any other turn than T1 pretty drastically. Additionally, other than like control, what's supposed to use this? This really doesn't seem to benefit decks that actually need it. I can't play a Supporter going first, I'd rather be slamming with Research and actually get setup unless those basics are overpowered.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Why Morpeko is lightning? Would be better getting at least 1 V-Union of each type, currently we have 2 electric types and no way to know if more V-Unions gonna be added, dont see a reason for not make Morpeko Dark type

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
These cards are E block I'm confused
This is actually VERY interesting - it means they're aware we won't be getting these cards in English until next year so they're already considering that when deciding legality; I wouldn't be surprised if they continue this with every future end of year Japanese set Scratch that, I'm dumb I forgot we're in the E block right now lol I wonder if they will stay E when they come out in English or be changed to F
Why Morpeko is lightning? Would be better getting at least 1 V-Union of each type, currently we have 2 electric types and no way to know if more V-Unions gonna be added, dont see a reason for not make Morpeko Dark type
My thoughts exactly lollll this card didn't need to exist, I would've rather had a totally unplayable V-UNION of literally any other unused type instead :/

Last edited:

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Neat. Gloria is (almost) like the return of Pokemon Collector, or a balanced, one-effect version of Brigette.

Very interesting attack on Mimikyu VMAX; that could swing games in certain situations. But I do wonder how well it would actually work in practice, especially requiring Acerola's Premonition.

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
This is actually VERY interesting - it means they're aware we won't be getting these cards in English until next year so they're already considering that when deciding legality; I wouldn't be surprised if they continue this with every future end of year Japanese set Scratch that, I'm dumb I forgot we're in the E block right now lol I wonder if they will stay E when they come out in English or be changed to F
The whole point of regulation marks is that our format and Japan's format be the same. No, they won't receive different regulation marks when released in english.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
The whole point of regulation marks is that our format and Japan's format be the same. No, they won't receive different regulation marks when released in english.
That's literally impossible because all the VMax Climax cards will release on February in our Brilliant Stars set. Are you telling me that these cards will rotate in August 2023 just like the Battle Styles set? That just doesn't make any sense. We always need to take release differences for formats into account.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
That's literally impossible because all the VMax Climax cards will release on February in our Brilliant Stars set. Are you telling me that these cards will rotate in August 2023 just like the Battle Styles set? That just doesn't make any sense. We always need to take release differences for formats into account.
It's not "literally impossible." Mixing regulation marks in a set has already been done. Legality isn't set-based anymore. Need I remind you of the fact that the Trainer's Toolkit this year came with two promos that rotated weeks after the release?

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
A Trainer's toolkit is not a set lmao. And no, mixing regulation marks in a set has never been done.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
A Trainer's toolkit is not a set lmao. And no, mixing regulation marks in a set has never been done.
Shining Fates was D and E, and every time a card has been reprinted (so far) it has had it's original mark. Quick Ball was D in Fusion Strike, and so has all the Gold and Shiny SR cards, with the original D marking, been too

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
1636742493498.png

And yes, also Shining Fates. Japan does it frequently as well. It's part of the reason the marks exist in the first place. Also, if staying synced with Japan weren't part of the plan we wouldn't have started with D.