Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Several more cards have been revealed from the special Pokemon GO TCG set! The cards were simultaneously revealed by the English and Japanese Pokemon websites.

Moltres-GO-1-144x200.png

Articuno-GO-1-144x200.png

Zapdos-GO-1-144x200.png

Melmetal-VMAX-GO-144x200.png

Ditto-GO-144x200.png

Bidoof-GO-1-144x200.png

Smeargle-GO-144x200.png

Energy-GO-1-200x180.jpg

The English and Japanese sets will feature...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
-Those are really cool abilities on the legendary birds, and they stack!
-Melmetal VMAX is "Why use this over Dialga VStar?"
-Holy hell that Ditto is insane! Just off the top of my head it can copy Mad Party from Bunnelby and the upcoming Spiritomb's Soul Chain.

Last edited:

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Melmetal VMAX - Sucks that we are losing Metal Saucer. Sidenote, this is basically Grimmsnarl VMAX, which it doesn't saw play. So why do we expect to see play, in which the previous one don't seem success at all? Even worse with all the rotation stuff going on. 3/4
Ditto - Ditto V is rotate, this is basically the weaker version of it, only for non-Rule Box ones. Would it be nice to be used on Vs for better prize trade? 3
Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres - good luck finding a bench and deck space for it, and 4-of is too unrealistic. Extra dmg can hit you real numbers. 4/4/4
Bidoof/Bibarel - alright, anti-mill (if someone plays it.) 2/3

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Weird that Niantic is allowing to advertise their game to TCG players, wherein the game itself is starting to fall apart. As of now, Niantic is nerfing remote raiding, in which 80% of the playerbase relies on.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
The Ditto peeling mechanic is a reference to Pokémon GO.That's neat.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
In Pokemon GO, Ditto can only disguise itself as certain Pokemon. I imagine it will be the same in this set, so no worries about needing to peel something off your ultra rares. It will make for an interesting unofficial subset for collectors to get, though.

PatchampYoutuber

Aspiring Trainer
Melmetal VMAX - Sucks that we are losing Metal Saucer. Sidenote, this is basically Grimmsnarl VMAX, which it doesn't saw play. So why do we expect to see play, in which the previous one don't seem success at all? Even worse with all the rotation stuff going on. 3/4
Ditto - Ditto V is rotate, this is basically the weaker version of it, only for non-Rule Box ones. Would it be nice to be used on Vs for better prize trade? 3
Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres - good luck finding a bench and deck space for it, and 4-of is too unrealistic. Extra dmg can hit you real numbers. 4/4/4
Bidoof/Bibarel - alright, anti-mill (if someone plays it.) 2/3
Fun fact: these special sets are designed for collectors. To go into it complaining about playability doesn’t make sense. These set are never and will never be designed for anything more than going in a binder. If a card miraculously does turn out to be playable then nice, that’s a bonus. But it’s just not worth getting upset about or over analysing

treyh37

Watcher of Thorns
so little budget deck i'm seeing, 2-4 ditto, 4-4 gyarados and some cards to discard the magicarp/gyarados and we can have a simple deck hitting for up to 250 for CC

not much hp but you can win on prize trade maybe, main thing it has to watch for would be ability lock stuff

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
And Why would You use Dialga VStar when you could use a good VSTAR
You're not wrong, but it least it can actually win games and be fun in Standard while Saucer is in rotation, and in Expanded it can be absolutely bonkers with Dialga GX. This Melmetal just does more damage at 4-5 energy and has 50 more HP, but Dialga has no damage cap, only gives 2 prizes, and has an absolutely insane Vstar power.

Really hope Dragonite Vstar ends up at least as useful as Mewtwo Vstar, and not filler like this Melmetal card.

Obviiious

Aspiring Trainer
Artwork on the Legendary Birds is amazing, especially the Articuno.

Also, their ability would be fun if TPC starts introducing dual types. Seems like all other TCG's have this now as well, so why not.

EDIT: Nvm, during EX era we had this as well. Time to bring it back!

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Artwork on the Legendary Birds is amazing, especially the Articuno.

Also, their ability would be fun if TPC starts introducing dual types. Seems like all other TCG's have this now as well, so why not.

EDIT: Nvm, during EX era we had this as well. Time to bring it back!
We still technically have them in Standard too through abilities, such as on Darkness Ablaze Blaziken and Fusion Strike Hoopa V.