Mora's Fakes

Looks pretty good! The issuatrator isn't Mitsuhiro Arita, though -- it's Ken Sugimori.

I'd suggest reducing the size of Combustion, too. It's a little too big in comparison to the rest of the card. While I'm really only used to my own Neo blanks, it appears the attack damage needs to be moved in a bit. The right side of the damage should be about 1 pixel in from the outer part of the 't' in 'Cost.' The '-30' needs to be move to outside the resistance swoosh.

Additionally, try making the text box with Flame Tail's effect text smaller (drag the right edge into the center a little bit). When there's damage involve, the text box shouldn't go past the 'r' in 'Retreat.' Looks like you're also missing the copyright text at the bottom of the card, too.

From a realism standpoint, [R][R][R][C] for 120 was pretty OP'd back in the Neo days.

Otherwise, nicely done.

CMP said:
Looks pretty good! The issuatrator isn't Mitsuhiro Arita, though -- it's Ken Sugimori.

Yeah, I had no idea so I just guessed :p

CMP said:
I'd suggest reducing the size of Combustion, too. It's a little too big in comparison to the rest of the card. While I'm really only used to my own Neo blanks, it appears the attack damage needs to be moved in a bit. The right side of the damage should be about 1 pixel in from the outer part of the 't' in 'Cost.' The '-30' needs to be move to outside the resistance swoosh.

On it!

CMP said:
Additionally, try making the text box with Flame Tail's effect text smaller (drag the right edge into the center a little bit). When there's damage involve, the text box shouldn't go past the 'r' in 'Retreat.' Looks like you're also missing the copyright text at the bottom of the card, too.

I'll try, but I'm really struggling to fit a PokePower and two attacks on one card without making the text too small.

CMP said:
From a realism standpoint, [R][R][R][C] for 120 was pretty OP'd back in the Neo days.

Otherwise, nicely done.

Agreed and acknowledged. So was 140 HP if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks!

Mora said:
I'll try, but I'm really struggling to fit a PokePower and two attacks on one card without making the text too small.

Option? Larger blanks! :p

Fonts sometimes got quite small during the Neo era.

Fixed. Also did the Basic and Stage 1. No one really does those.
39Charmeleon_zps0919ac6b.png
63Charmander_zps403ec42c.png

This is supposed to be a foil on the Arcanine, but it kind of looks like rain, and I think it looks neat.

3Arcanine_zps09d8be88.png
77Mareep_zpse6ba4895.png

This is the first time I've taken a Pokemon, and tried to put it to a custom background. I'm hoping for feedback on whether or not it looks alright and if not, then how to go about fixing it. I'd really appreciate it!

I like the concept behind the Mareep, and the colors look pretty good...the only problem is that it's not very high quality; the background looks blurry, pixelated, and compressed.

CMP said:
I like the concept behind the Mareep, and the colors look pretty good...the only problem is that it's not very high quality; the background looks blurry, pixelated, and compressed.

Yes, I agree. And the Mareep isn't pixelated, so I feel like it looks like they don't belong. The background image I used was several times larger than the Mareep I had. I didn't think it would turn out as bad as it did, and it's a shame that it did because I really liked that background. I'll see what I can do about the pixelation. I also want to select some of the grass as its feet, and move it to the front like I did with the tree to give the appearance that Mareep was behind the tree.

Got a new background for the Mareep:

77Mareep_zpsc544de24.png

Also, I ended up redoing the artwork for the Articuno. I like this a lot better.

4Articuno_zps75b70982.png

Nice cards!

One thing that you may want to fix is adding the accents above the "e" in Pokémon. You have it correct in the evolutionary text area, but the rest are missing the accent.

Thanks, but that was when I first started out and had very blurry blanks and symbols. I've since gotten some new resources, but I appreciate the help. I'll take that part down from the original post.

No problem. They're always available if you need them!

I just thought you were stil looking for new blanks, as there are higher quality blanks than your current ones -- the copyright is missing, they're smaller, the W/R/RC bar is too thick.

CMP said:
No problem. They're always available if you need them!

I just thought you were stil looking for new blanks, as there are higher quality blanks than your current ones -- the copyright is missing, they're smaller, the W/R/RC bar is too thick.

Thanks. I'll take a look at them and see. I have had an issue with putting the copyright because I feel like that is infringing copyright, but perhaps I'm just misinformed. (Also I really don't want to have to transfer everything to a new blank again.)

Actually, I'd assume that NOT putting the copyright on would more likely be an infringement than putting in on. Putting it on acknowledges that you're not the holder, and that it belongs to the proper parties.

Regardless, I've been faking for more than a decade and have always used the copyright normally present on whichever blank style I'm using with no action being taken against me.

Huge Rez! Posting this gem here so I lose points on my CaC submission. Ignore my earlier work; it's mostly trash!

April-Ca-C.png

Back