Monster Binder - Worth it? [Answered; Can be locked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePhD

PokéBeach Verified Seller
Hey PokéBeach,

So I'm sure many of you have heard about the infamous Monster Binders.

If not, you can check out this link: here.

I've been told these binders are some of the best to display your notable cards. I have a bunch of extra Ultra Rares sitting around in top loaders and I've decided to get a binder for them since it's easier to access and display. My main question though, is if these binders are worth it or if I should consider an alternative.

1) Does anyone out there have a Monster Binder?
2) If so, can it store sleeved cards well?
3) Worth it or not? They're expensive but so are top loaders. In fact, 360 top loaders (the maximum a Monster Binder holds), is even more expensive than the binder by roughly $14.

Any input is appreciated!

Edit: I apologize if this is more appropriate in the Merchandise thread. I figured it belongs here since storage is something that every collector needs to consider.

RE: Monster Binder - Worth it?

I've never owned a Monster Binder before, I've got a regular CardGuard binder which holds plenty more than my 650 cards. However, I think that would be worth it just for the fact that it's about $14 cheaper than top-loaders! (Or maybe I'm just broke lol.)

Monster Binders are so nice. I've been using mine since Nationals 2010 and it looks almost brand new. None of the pages are ripped or scuffed. Even though they are expensive, I highly recommend them.

I think they are worth it, I recently got one and I'm happy with it so far.

I previously owned an Ultra Pro binder (like the Monster binders but made by Ultra Pro and less expensive). I liked the Ultra Pro one as well but after a while I was able to see scuffs and scratches on the protective sleeves, it looked foggy and made the cards appear less attractive. I am not sure if this will ultimately happen to my Monster binder but overtime I think the same will occur, there will be some wear and tear its inevitable. One inconvenience that the Monster binder has is when more then half the pages are filled with cards, this hump will occur with the binder and it will not sit flat. Its not really a big deal for me at least, but I just wanted to throw that out there. You can search on YouTube for further info on that.

Anyways I think its worth it, and to answer your other question, yes you can put sleeved cards in there, that's what most do, you don't want to damage the card while taking them in and out of the binder sleeves.

Hope that helped, good luck!

In what way will you be using it? Just for displaying at home, or taking places for trading.

Thanks for all the thoughtful comments thus far. :D

To clarify, I intend to use the binder because:
  • It can fit cards with Ultra Pro sleeves
  • Can store all my URs in one place
  • Portable and durable
  • Cheaper than top loaders
I don't have any intentions of it leaving my house unless I am moving. :p

One more question that popped up: Does anyone out there with one of these binders know if you can fit 18 cards with relative ease into one page? I mean like the traditional 9 cards facing you, and 9 more facing away from you. I'm pretty set on buying a binder now, but this would be nice to know.

Are you asking if you can fit 2 cards per binder sleeve?

If so yes you can but you will be stretching the sleeve by doing so..

OBSERVER said:
Are you asking if you can fit 2 cards per binder sleeve?

If so yes you can but you will be stretching the sleeve by doing so..

Gotcha. Not worth doing that then. :p

I've gone ahead and bought one. Thanks for the information!

To Mods: This can be locked as my questions have been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back