Mono-Fighting "TLC"

dbgoldberg323

TCG Professor, League Owner
I came up with a deck idea last night/this morning that I'm not sure I'm 100% happy with, and I wanted your guys' input. I was trying to stay Black & White and up mostly. I miss running strong Fighting-type Pokemon so I came up with this "TLC" (Terrakion, Landorus, Conkeldurr) deck. I was stuck between Conkeldurr NV and Gigalith NV but I settled on Conkeldurr because I think his Ability + Eviolite could make him a little more durable considering the crazy junk (EX's) that's out there, plus making the opponent discard from their deck is always fun. I apologize if it's a little scatter-brained trainer-wise; I have gotten very little sleep as of this post.

Pokemon: 16
2x Terrakion NV
3x Landorus NV
4x Timburr 59BW
3x Gurdurr 60BW
4x Conkeldurr NV

Trainers: 24
4x Switch
3x Pokemon Catcher
3x PONT
2x PETM
2x Rare Candy
3x Eviolite
2x Dual Ball
2x Heavy Ball
3x Pokemon Communication

Energy: 20
16x Fighting
4x Double Colorless

With the Gigalith route, I was thinking of using the Shear one (53 from EP) to grab Fighting Energy, then using Flower Shop Lady, Super Rod, Junk Arms, and Energy Retrievals to recover stuff I needed.

Thoughts?

DecaDang

Gravimetric
The only problem is Eviolite does not reduce damage if it is attached to Conkeldurr, as it is an Evolved Pokemon. Large Cloak will work but it will be a couple of sets before that comes out.

RichD

Aspiring Trainer
From what I've seen, the main advantage of a Terrakion Landorus deck is its low energy requirements and a speedy setup of Pokemon for retaliatory attacks. Exp share seems to be key here to keep the energy from KO'd Pokemon in play. If you using the Craftsmanship Conkeldurr, you will need to load it with energy to use its attacks and that assumes that you will get one on your bench in time. Gigalith has the same needing four energy issue though as least it could use DCE to speed it up.

If you weren't wanting to stick to BW-on I would suggest replacing the Conkeldurr line with a Machamp (Fighting Tag) line. Its ability let's you gather all the energy to it and promote it to the active spot to use Champ Buster so it doesn't have to wait for energy build up. It even has synergy with Landorus's Gaia Hammer since your benched pokemon would likely have some damage and if Machamp goes down, hopefully your Terrakions have exp share to take their energy back and Retaliate.

dbgoldberg323

Thanks guys. Yeah, on the Eviolite issue, I told you I had little sleep lol. :D

Hmm, I'll take a look at that Machamp real quick: Holy crap! His Champ Buster also works real well with Earthquake off of Donphan Prime too (though Landorus would probably be best right?).

And isn't that Machamp from the HG/SS block Triumphant and thus not BW-on? I don't really care if it is "older" because it still has 5 months left of play (I was just making BW-on to ensure the cards last a while).

AND, Machamp happens to be one of my favorite Pokémon! :D

Thanks for the tips!

Emopanda133

Aspiring Trainer
Keep this deck around til the Dragon Selection set comes out, then replace the Terrakions with the EX form, trust me, Conkeldurr with abuse the energy acceleration.

dbgoldberg323

Emopanda133 said:
Keep this deck around til the Dragon Selection set comes out, then replace the Terrakions with the EX form, trust me, Conkeldurr with abuse the energy acceleration.

O_O Wow, that's a good card. Gonna have to get 3 of those when that set comes out (I'm buying no less than 3 boxes). :D

Jirachi

Smile!
Your draw power seems extremely low and there might be some things that you might want to consider. I'm not sure conkeldurr will be a good choice because there are almost mewtwos in every deck now and will completely kill it. Here are my suggested changes according to if conkeldurr stays in.
-1-2 landorus (terrakion is important)
-1 switch (to make room. 4 just seems a bit too much)
-2 PETM (just not a good card. Takes up your supporter for the turn)
-3 pokemon communication (rather have more dual ball)
-3 eviolite (not needed)
-4-5 fighting energy (I don't think that many are needed plus conkeldurr will be completely abused by mewtwo)
-1-1-1 conkeldurr (to make room. Optional)

+4 exp. share (great with terrakion)
+1 heavy ball (for conkeldurr)
+2 dual ball (basics)
+4 junk arm (to reuse trainers)
+1 terrakion (helps)
+3 N (draw power)
+3 juniper (draw power)

If I could I'd try to add in super rod maybe or other things needed like mewtwo.