• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Monkies and Zebras (Passimian/Zebstrika)

The_Poke_Bros

Master Arcanine Trainer
Pokémon - 10

1 Buzzwole FLI 77
1 Diancie {*} FLI 74
2 Passimian UPR 70
2 Passimian SUM 73
1 Blitzle LOT 81
1 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31
1 Zebstrika LOT 82
1 Tapu Lele PR-SM SM45

Trainer Cards - 39

4 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
1 Energy Loto GRI 122
2 Brooklet Hill GRI 120
4 Lillie SUM 122
2 Shrine of Punishment CES 143
4 Guzma BUS 115
4 Ultra Ball SUM 135
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
4 Cynthia UPR 119
3 Escape Board UPR 122
1 Counter Gain LOT 170
1 Field Blower GRI 163
2 Professor Kukui SUM 148
3 Choice Band GRI 121

Energy - 11

3 Counter Energy CIN 100
4 Double Colorless Energy HS 103
4 Fighting Energy 6

Total Cards - 60

Strategy:
Load up the bench with passimians as quickly as possible with the ultra prism passimian to boost damage done to evolution pokemon and the diancie to boost damage on all your fighting pokemon. Buzzwole is a nice inclusion to do big damage on its sledgehammer turn for a one fighting energy drop (which always happens because we only play one-prizers). This is a crucial time to attack with buzzwole because it preserves your dce's (whiffing dce is almost always what causes us to lose). We also play counter energy as another way to attack when we are down on prizes and lele promo to rearrange damage when you can't one-shot something. I'm a bit torn on oranguru vs zebstrika in this deck. On one hand, zebstrika is more difficult to set up but on the other hand, oranguru doesn't provide us with the draw power typically needed. Definitely a debate to be had.

Just wanted to state, Passiman is only good against Evolution pokes. So if you go against a Buzzwole GX, Rayquaza GX, or any other Basics, your screwed to only your other useful Pokemon. However, I'm interested to see how this deck will turn out if you do use this list.

In my opinion Oranguru is better, not having to discard is a viable choice for me since I usually always run out of cards. However, if you run a lighter deck or use draw cards, such as Cynthia, I think Zebstrika is the better choice. It allows you to refresh your hand, an possibly get any addition cards you may need. So all in all, it depends on how you want this deck to run. I hope this helped!

That’s the main reason I play shrine of punishment and Tapu Koko. Passimian hits 150 on a basic gx with a band. Two turns of shrine plus one Tapu Koko spread and I can finish a buzzwole definitely not hard to pull off.

True, but that can be situational if your opponent doesn't end you first. Let me know how this deck works for you.

Back