Monday, 9/24, Battle Road Promo, College and Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master of the Six Kings

I IZ GENIUS!
Yikes. I rember the whole Middle School Monsters thing. Just ick *shudders*

Anyway, hope you do good at college. Anime club, hope it's better over there. The people in mine disturb me on many levels. Go Pokemon Buddies :D

Stupid POP is so unoriginal. They didn't change squat in the affect of this VM -_- I could've though of much better cards for POP6 and VM. Makes the Bika Bika thing look good.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
Advanced Member
It seems like you lucked out with the kind of people in your dorm. I'm curious as to how that person knew your nickname of "Pokemon Jon." Maybe they visit PokeBeach on a regular basis.

Secretsof2113

Blackstar
Way to be WPM! You see, I'm one of those "Pokemon obsessed resident assistants." My entire dorm room is decorated with the figures, posters, and I have cards strewn everywhere. I even use some pokemon references in my artwork! My residents see it and most of them say that they used to play it or like it. My Resident Director has three younger sons that want to know my work schedule so they can come to the office when i work and play pokemon. It cracks me up.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
KG said:
It seems like you lucked out with the kind of people in your dorm. I'm curious as to how that person knew your nickname of "Pokemon Jon." Maybe they visit PokeBeach on a regular basis.
I told them in the two-minute speech that I was called "Pokemon Jon" in high school, so they can call me it too if they want. :p

Phazon-764

Pants on the ground...
wow... the only time i get to talk about pokemon in school (and have an actual conversation with them is during a computer club.... i would probably get teased if i talked about it out side of there.... and i want to say to some kids on the bus how there pokemon team stinks but i can't because of what i just said.... i'm surprised people your age still play and talk about pokemon... i thought how it was uncool for old people to play a quote on quote kids game.... but now i know that i shall never give pokemon up :D

Panda

Flame me please
You have guts. There is no way I would tell college kids that I don't know that I am a Pokemon fanatic.

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, I'm looking forward to college in a couple of years, now. Nice to see that you're fitting in. :)

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
VM looks good but it's mainly not usable. LOL when you said pokemon gives "connections" in college.

dmaster out.

EmeraldHanyou

Aspiring Trainer
I went through a similar ordeal a couple years back myself; I was also surprised at the reaction people had (to other hobbies as well, not only Pokémon). The first week I moved into my dorm, I noticed that once people pass a certain age, they get over their childish desires, and focus on the more important aspects of life. Though, I'm sure there are some exceptions. :p

Hobbies are just that, hobbies; what people enjoy is part of what makes them an individual. Ridiculing someone for it is meaningless. It merely creates unneeded tension and exposes a lack of mental development on the ridiculer's part. The ones that didn't grow out of their High School, hormone-drenched mindsets, didn't get passed their first college semester anyway, and end up having dropping out for more reason than one.

Advice to everyone in general: Be yourself, don't give a damn about what others might think. Who's to tell you what's "cool" anyway, the potential career Sales Associate? Middle/High School popularity, cliques, drama, trends, etc., mean absolutely nothing in the real world. Those that don't fully understand that just yet, eventually will, and the hard way. As my father keeps telling me, "Die regretting what you did, not what you didn't do."

Lieutenant Houndoom

Back from the...
Go WPM for not backing down.

Seriously, if you let people decide what you like and don't like, just make yourself a photocopying machine, it's easier than trying to keep up. Okay, that's a bad analogy.

I like this one better.

In the river of trends, be a rock, not a leaf.

jreeves

Burning Spade
Wow WPM... This may not mean much coming from me but wow, that's really cool that your not affraid to let people know who you are and you don't hide your interest in Pokemon. In some sense, your speech about College life helped me out some... I guess that shows I read it, I think your awesome for that. *high five*

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The card looks awesome and I hope they sell the promo in stores one day.:)

Nanashii

Shut up baby, I knowit!
yeah they'll sell it in stores just like they'll sell legeal reprints of Wailord EX, Charizard EX, Mew EX (LM), Gardevoir EX (SS), Sceptile EX (TATM) and the Blastoise*, oh wait, THOSE CARDS ARE ILLEGAL, AND BLASTOISE* IS FAKE! THOSE HAVE BETTER ODDS OF BEING SOLD IN A STORE THEN VICTORY MEDAL.
:: jumps infront of bullet birrage ::

HEY IT MIGHT WORK!
It is rather victorious when you skip tournaments and avoid hard work to buy it at a store for $15 that come with 2 packs and an illegal pack and a coin worht less then my collection of pennnnniiiesssssss!!!
woot! Pennies!

EmeraldHanyou

Aspiring Trainer
Nanashii said:
Lotsa stuff...
It shall have it's name changed to "Store-Bought Medal" or "Consolation Medal," though it'll still have the same effect as the original. *thinks of Night Maintenance and Nightly Garbage Run*

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Nanashii said:
yeah they'll sell it in stores just like they'll sell legeal reprints of Wailord EX, Charizard EX, Mew EX (LM), Gardevoir EX (SS), Sceptile EX (TATM) and the Blastoise*, oh wait, THOSE CARDS ARE ILLEGAL, AND BLASTOISE* IS FAKE! THOSE HAVE BETTER ODDS OF BEING SOLD IN A STORE THEN VICTORY MEDAL.
:: jumps infront of bullet birrage ::

HEY IT MIGHT WORK!
It is rather victorious when you skip tournaments and avoid hard work to buy it at a store for $15 that come with 2 packs and an illegal pack and a coin worht less then my collection of pennnnniiiesssssss!!!
woot! Pennies!

No seriously. You can buy value packs and get the Johto Promo Entei that came out a looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggg time ago.(about 4 or 5 years ago.) when Pokemon 3 came out in theaters Maybe in that much time from now it will be in similar packs of the sort or something like that.:)

Nanashii

Shut up baby, I knowit!
yeah but ANYONE can get Entei (even when the movie came out).

VICTORY medal means, ONLY to the Winner, what the winner does with that medal is his/her choice.
That would be STUPID to do that, plus they probably had a LARGE supply of spare Enteis, they didn't reprint it JUST for that purpose. And victory medal is LIMITED.

Duckii

Hokemonsters! LMAO
Bravo! I really loved this one, glad to hear that you're able to find others who love pokemon. I just recently got back into it, and it's a great game, gives you stuff to do and lets you meet new people. So what if it's not all blood and guts like other TCG are, glad to hear people out there are standing up for what they believe in (even if it's just pokemans) and just being themselves. =D

edit: I use some of my common cards as bookmarks for my textbooks that I bring to class.

Status
Not open for further replies.