Monday, 8/6, Scroll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The scroll is the riddle. You know, like one of those paper thingies? If this were real life, I would have written out, but since it's the internet, I put it in italics. :p

Suraako

Elemental Master
Suraako said:
Meh. I know I'd probably be way off course, but I'll just see what I can piece from the "scroll."

At the time when the two great forces converge to clash among the umpteen lands, the prospicient volition of their final designs will marshal two great powers - both of a volcanic, fiery passion - both produced under the tutelage of two contenders seeking utter, fervid supremacy over each other.

Attempted translation: Worlds Championship 2007, which is to take place on the Hawaiian islands will be the ultimate test for the contenders from many nations, whose hard-worked strategies
will be put to the test, yielding the final battle between the top 2 contenders who have the most passion and the most drive to defeat his or her opponent.

The sixth one and its possessors may be reborn as the Arabian bird so often has, reclaiming what they mislaid to our home a time ago; the province of the current keepers must entail exposing the significance of such a scroll.

Not as sure about this one, simply because of "the sixth one." 6th Place in the 15+ bracket at Worlds last year was Eric Craig, who lost to the the winner of Worlds, Jason Klaczynski. He could be "reborn," having a second chance to reclaim his glory when he challenges him again :p

As for "the province of the current keepers must entail exposing the significance of such a scroll," I may be off, but I'm thinking that this message is the scroll. We may the current keepers, who must expose (decrypt) the importance of this message, this epic battle.

If this coming prognostication is not ascertained, the foemen will muster arms never previously experienced by this domain... one no alike eyes can fathom... The sixth one, in complete strategic alignment with the firedrake and bastet of no color, or, to a more destructive degree, in the exclusive solitude of only its own kind.

If I'm to go with the fact that this message is the scroll, then it can be inferred that this is a warning, and a prediction. If this warning is unheeded, the "foemen" (competitors, I assume) will blast forth some intense decks with insane "unfathomable" strategies. I haven't kept in touch with the new D/P archetypes (too obsessed with the game for a while but I have been getting more D/P cards! I LOVE my Empoleon Lv. X :D) but I heard people mentioning decks with Infernape, Salamence, and Delcatty (the latter being the firedrake and bastet). The aforementioned sixth one either has an unbelievable strategy to totally pwn those two decks or is using them in an incredible way, or, even more deadly, has an incredible strategy, making it unique.

If this interpretation is correct, WPM is predicting an epic comeback by Eric Craig in a heated battle brimming with the sweltering passion of the competitors, rivaled only by the heated Earth that surrounds them.

Just my interpretation, of course :p

WPM said:
As Blaine once said, "Totally.... wrong."

So I wasn't even close? You said the scroll is the riddle, so I got that much didn't I? That sucks; I spent way too much time on that :p

Stokesmon

Aspiring Trainer
I'm thinking it may have something to do with the decks that were popular at the time of the 2004 World tourney...

Then again, I could be wrong...

Lil Brother

Getting into the beach theme, Ash?
Water Pokémon Master said:
Everything you need is on the main page. It's not my fault you guys can't pull out a dictionary and Google / Wikipedia. :p
I looked up every unfamiliar word in that on Dictionary.com and it still makes no sense. :p

Holon's Hero

Aspiring Trainer
Everything you need is on the main page. It's not my fault you guys can't pull out a dictionary and Google / Wikipedia. :p

You want us to define stuff? Fine. Here we go.
umpteen- a large, but unspecified, quantity.
prospicient- planning carefully for the future.(Thank you, Super Paper Mario!)
volition- a decision made on will.
marshal- to arrange in a particular order.
tutelage- not only meaning teaching, but also guarding.
fervid- zealous; full of energy.
Arabian bird- obviously the Phoenix. But might also be a Ruhk.
prognostication- a prophecy.
ascertained- to discover with certainty.
foemen- an enemy as in war.
arms- weapons, obviously.

Now that the terms are defined, I'll try to simplify his scroll:

At the time when the two great forces meet to fight among the many lands, the carefully planned choice of their final designs will arrange two great powers - both of a volcanic, fiery passion - both produced under the protection/teaching of two contenders seeking utter supremacy over each other.

The sixth one and its possessors may be reborn as the Phoenix so often has, reclaiming what they took from our home a time ago; the province of the current keepers must entail exposing the significance of such a scroll.

If this coming prophecy is not realized, the enemy will muster weapons never before seen here... one no alike eyes can fathom... The sixth one, in complete strategic alignment with the dragon and white/albino cat, to a more destructive degree, in the exclusive solitude of only its own kind.

Now I'll try to decipher this.
The first paragraph might be describing the location of worlds, which is Hawaii, of course.
The Second paragraph might be considered the prognostication, or prophecy that the third talks about. Determining what it means, however, is tricky. I believe the sixth one is not a person, but in fact an item or a Pokemon. It could be Charizard, the sixth Pokemon, or something completely different. My vote would be on something completely different, seeing as WPM already shot down most of the theories dealing with Charizard. Although that would work, as the third paragraph talks of a firedrake (Charizard), along with a Bastet, or cat, of no color, or colorless (Delcatty). I think that the last lines of the third paragraph are talking about decks, but that makes no sense.
Overall, the structure of these sentences confuse me, and thus renders to me a completely useless piece of text.

Starmie

Aspiring Trainer
Well Darkrai was said to be handed out in the US soon (I hope it's the same for Australia) so that might be what this means.

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Because I keep getting IM'd like crazy about this:

The message is NOT about any secret American deck.

People are still missing the purpose of the entire thing, and the few main components. :(

Mr. Kirby

I suck in a good way!
let me take a stab at it.

At the time when the two great forces converge to clash among the umpteen lands (Worlds Finals), the prospicient volition of their final designs will marshal two great powers (their decks)- both of a volcanic, fiery passion (they want to win bad) - both produced under the tutelage of two contenders seeking utter, fervid supremacy over each other. (they worked hard to make them)

The sixth one (6th place and above) and its possessors may be reborn /as the Arabian bird so often has/ (this part is irrelvant), reclaiming what they mislaid to our home a time ago; the province of the current keepers must entail exposing the significance of such a scroll. (the people of eacch country participating in worlds must show a/this scroll to them)

If this coming prognostication is not ascertained (if the winner isnt declared), the foemen will muster arms never previously experienced by this domain (the enemies will get arms(?) no one has seen. this may include new cards, but i dont know, perhaps MT cards?) ... one no alike eyes can fathom (cards no one understands. maybe a different language, but its WORLDS right? so we would have tons of translators and stuff. or it means that they are better than the other ones, like exs) ... The sixth one, in complete strategic alignment with the (the 6th new card is good with salemence/Delcatty)firedrake and bastet of no color, or, to a more destructive degree, in the exclusive solitude of only its own kind.

Basically, new cards will be givin out at worlds to 6th place and up and they are really good. howd i do WPM?

Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
That part is irrelevant? Oh ho ho. I don't think so.

And still nothing correct. Maybe it's because people dismiss things as being irrelevant when they are key. :p

Mr. Kirby

I suck in a good way!

well, you didnt say everything we need is in that post.

this could be the TFG, theres a Ho-oh, charizard, salemence, and meowth.

The scroll could be the rules to the game and the 6th place and up may have a mini championship with the TFG after the final battle.

reborn... does that mean the cards in their deck will be given to them as figures?

Status
Not open for further replies.