Monday, 10/15, DP4 Images and Set List, New Card Review, POP Promos

Woot, I'm so playing cress, not because it seems broken, but because I hate having to use stage2s.
Please note that it will probably be over-hyped, but will fail when it actually comes out, like T-tar ex {d} or dustox ex or whatever.

Leafeon seems like the so maniest energy-based grass Pokémon, glaceon has way more potential. It does a constant 70 with a great added effect to maybe spread some serious bench damage, it blocks powers like there's no tomorrow, and has the non-lvX's moves to back it up when facing resistances or when it does not have enough energies, a 4-2-2 line in every new eeveelutions deck seems like a must.

I want 2 Cresselia Lv.X as soon as get released in English (so long as they have the same text), it really is broken. The Eeveelution Lv.X's are good as well, with Glaceon just edging out Leafeon in terms of playability. Leafeon Lv.X with Raichu (MT) or Exeggutor (MT) will be quite good.

Now, if there was only a way to strengthen Moon Dance... and a way to stop Cress from dying. I suppose keeping a stadium and slowly drain away with Moon Shine would be working...

Leafeon= Magneton PK+30
Glacia's Body= Lazy Slaking
Glacia's Attack= Aqua Jet+multihit capabilities

Wow a lot of updates today but I should have seen it coming as the next D/P set is coming out next week in Japan. Speaking of the new set all of the artwork is awesome esp. Glaceon/Cressie. Lefeon's artwork just seems too Flareon-esque. In terms of attacks, Leafon's attack stood out too me and other people have also said Cressilia and I personallly think it's broken as well. Pretty much if it knocks out 1 pokemon you get as many prize cards as an ex does. I just think she will be mainly a bench sitter to move damage around until the time comes to just bring her up and pick off the opponent's pokes. All she has to do is kill 3 pokemon and the match is over so yes she will be overhyped and yes she will be overused if the text is the same in the U.S.

All I really did was skim quickly over the card review but yes it seemed like you focused on Magmortar in the deck more than Delcatty so all I thought it was was an okay review. I absolutely love Pelipper's artwork and the coloring of Ho-oh in the POP 5 cards.

dmaster out.

Ok here is some new stuff that will happen with new set.

New Archetypes
Eeveelutions(mabye) I will prob use this!
Exxegutor+Leafeon
Cressy decks (Will only be used as TecH. The attacks are broken, but the card itself is overhyped.)

Bangiras? Isn`t he the one on Gym? WPM master,I beleive, has a Gym account.

-Just me- said:
It seems that eeveelutions are making a comeback.

Porygon Z is worse than I thought... =[

You foget, he gets a Lv.X, P-Z's attack will be mcuh like Delcatty PK's. Not to be used unless you have no other choice. P-Z Lv. X will sponge of his power while using its own attack (THAT better be goo).

Eevee = broken

Rotom is interesting.

What do u mean the attacks are broken?

Turning any pokemon into a Pokemon EX in terms of getting prizes are technically broken. This means you could sit two Cresselias on the bench while stalling for an eternity, then switch in and Stolen everything.

Fortunately, its only 40 damage, unfortunately, it can come in off someone else wearing you down.

If you plan to play either Eeveelution, its not a terrible idea to run Esp/Umb.

Fuzztastic said:
What do u mean the attacks are broken?

broken means overly powered
well to strong
cressilia is broken beacause turning a pokemon into and ex is just to good(2 prizes for holons casty)

Leafeon and eggs. mt is definately going to be a great deck, the same with Cress. and Gallade. Porygon-z is bad and so are flareon and jolteon. Vaporeon is OK but not great. Espy/Umby are both nice techs in eevee decks. Glaceon lv.x is also a little disapointing but still pretty good. The art on all three lv.xs is amazing though!

I think that the Eeveelutions are finally making a comeback. For people that play in the Unlimited format, such as me, (assuming that this is the format in which any card from all sets ever made is fair game) the new Eeveelutions will combo quite nicely with the UF Eevee. One energy for 30 damage (20 in Jolteon's case) with bonuses instead of drawbacks is an excellent game-opener. The Eeveelution-ex cards will likely see less play due to these new Eeveelutions. Then there's Leafeon Lv X and Glaceon Lv X to consider on top of all of that. Leafeon does a minimum of 50 damage for just two energies and gains additional power for each of your own energy cards and not just on Leafeon Lv X. Leafeon itself isn't a bad staller, either. Glaceon itself is also quite nice. Snow Cloak can especially make a nice and lucky opening move. Then there's its upgraded self, Glaceon Lv X. As mentioned before (and clearly read), it renders Poke-Powers useless, thus crippling any hope of using draw power with the PK Delcatty and Magneton. Metanite will destroy it, though. I'm somewhat dissappointed with the Leafeon Lv X and Glaceon Lv X card art... Especially with the normal Glaceon. I was hoping for much better art than that, but meh... Eeveelutions are still Eeveelutions! =D

Cresselia Lv X is way overhyped if you ask me. It will likely be spending most of its time sitting on the bench for its Power, and even that takes some time. Not a bad choice for healing, though. The power is basically a beefed up Shady Move (Cresselia Lv X's power doesn't require the user to be the active pokemon). Its attack is a bit conditional due to its low damage for a Lv X card. That's probably just me, though, since I hate using cards that are conditional unless it's an effective counter against an over-used card or combo. I'm not saying that it's a bad card or that its not worth using. I just think that people are blowing it way out of proportion, thinking it's one of the best cards in the game, because it's not. It's also quite vulnerable to Gust of Wind and any somewhat decent psychic-type, as the somewhat dissappointing HP stacked with a x2 psychic weakness doesn't help things. That's of course concerning the Unlimited format. In Modified, it will need to watch out for the Espeon also found in this set. Espeon is sure to appear in most Eeveelution decks for its +20 HP support, making Cresselia's job all the much harder (somewhat).

All in all, though, I think that the game, overall, is beginning to experience the next big boost in which will define what cards are good/ok/terrible, as the energy requirements are becoming less than they were in the Ex-series. That may be just me, though.

PS - Pardon the long post.

---EDIT NOTE---
That may be just me, though.
I tried lower-casing "may," but it won't let me. Everytime I edit it, it returns to its annoying capitalized self. D:< Oh well.

Right, that change for Leafeon Lv.X has made me wish I didn't trade away a card a weeks ago. That Poké-Power is now amazing, brilliant energy acceleration and could be used for any Pokémon. Umbreon will be used in Eeveelution decks or any deck that uses any of the Eeveelutions (including what I thought off), and Espeon may be as well.
But the other Eeveelutions are good as well. Actually, so is Eevee itself. Porygon Z is a little disappointing. I hope the Lv.X is good.

The card look pretty cool and I can't wait to see the English scans of the cards.:)

Back