Help Misprint GX card

Marieh

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, and I had a question. When I was a kid, I grew up with Pokémon (on my game boy, cards, the movies), it was the 1st/2nd generation, and I loved it but I never really followed, so I'm no expert.

A while ago, my younger cousin was getting rid of some cards and gave them to me. They're all Rainbow Holographic GX cards. Among them is Decidueye, from the Sun & Moon Guardians Rising set. However, the card is missing the "GX" mention next to the name, as well as the type next to the hp (see picture).
I was wondering if there's a specific name for that sort of misprint, if it's common. I also wanted to know if that makes the card more valuable.

I'm pretty sure the card isn't fake, and I've looked at a couple of lists of errors but couldn't find anything about this error/this card.

Thanks for your answers!

67060079_2312958008811177_6288602045771415552_n.jpg

Last edited:

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
The card is definitely fake. The lack of the GX symbol is a huge giveaway, but the font of the text is also nothing like a real card. Rainbow rares also have a far more obnoxious holographic treatment than this.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Not only is the lack of a GX symbol a huge giveaway, but the lack of the Grass-energy showing what type the Pokémon actually is, is also a very big indication of it's fakeness.

Other notable things are: The font is definitely different. There's a lack of texture. There's errors within the text of both Ability and GX attack. The attack cost, Weakness, and Retreat Cost look blurry, while the rest of the card doesn't. The artist and set number doesn't have the white outline it should've had.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
If you've looked at pokemon cards enough, the nuance differences between the normal text and fake text are obvious.