ORAS Mirage Spots, Shiny Odds Increased?

MegaBeedrill

This isn't even my final form!
I've been hearing alot of talk online saying that the shiny odds for mirage spots and legendaries have been reduced to 1/514. (with charm)

However none of the common online sources mention anything or have confirmed the odds of mirage spot shinies. Yet the data gathered up shows alot of people are getting their shinies alot sooner than they did in past games, the most I've seen posted online was around 3000 SRs for a shiny, which isn't too bad at all as it looks like 10k-20k was pretty adverage in past generations, and of course alot of people here are posting random shiny encounters while SRing for competitive legendaries...

So I ask, does anybody know if the odds have been reduced for legendaries and other pokemon appearing in these mirage spots? Or is it the same but people are getting more lucky?

If not perhaps we can figure it out gathering up data of our SRs?

What do you guys think?

If it helps at all for gathering data, I got a shiny cresselia at 2726 SRs.

RE: Mirage Spot Shiny Odds Increased?

I am pretty sure that shiny legendaries encounters are much easier. I have been soft resetting for Raikou for a week and got 3 shiny Raikou. Now get this 2 interesting points :
1. I didn't sr once I saw that the Raikou I was facing is not a shiny, since I was aiming for a competitive one, I spent a lot more time to capture each Raikou I met. So imagine how many more I could find if I soft resetted right when I knew it is not a shiny
2. I don't have the Shiny Charm

Pure luck ?

RE: Mirage Spot Shiny Odds Increased?

Luck.

The reason it might seem like people are finding more shiny legendaries is probably as simple as the fact that these games have such a high number of legendaries to catch, coupled with the fact that this time a lot of people are actually resetting these for good stats due to genVIs triple-31 mechanic.
There is 26 legends to reset in each ORAS game.
Compared to 4 in XY, and the record holder before it, BW2 had 15 (both with some shiny-locked too).
XY=4, BW2=15, BW1=8, HGSS=11, Pt=10, DP=8, E=7, FRLG=5, RS=6, CSC=5, RBY=4
And now ORAS comes along with a crazy amount of 26.

And personally (not that it proves anything, but neither does anyone elses single personal experience), I have been resetting legends the whole december (including a week I've spent 100 hours on Virizion alone), and have not seen a single shiny yet.

And that specifically Mirage spots would have higher shiny chances?.. This sounds like an "expected rumor". Any time some new encounter method shows up, someone is bound to think the chances could be higher, some people will naturally find shinies in that method and claim it works, then causing other people to "check", of whom some will give up and others will have luck.... yeah no. Unless there is any official hint or serious statistics to back it up, this is the usual "maybe shiny chances are increased if x".

Oh and gathering data like this will be biased and make results show higher odds than they actually are.
For legit results you'd have to have everyone decide how many resets they will try BEFORE doing them, and then only reporting the shinies found within those resets and also not stopping once the shiny is found.

I spent 3 days about 4 hours in total to look for a shiny Ho-oh. I encountered the shiny Ho-oh less than 100 SR, but I do not have shiny charm.

Back