Minecraft (1.6 Discussion)

RE: Minecraft (1.4 Discussion)

Have fun rebuilding. I hope you learn a lesson from this, what goes around comes around.

You weren't ethical like safariblade.
and yes, what goes around comes around. You asked for it.

The Fire Wyrm said:
Gistica said:
Have fun rebuilding. I hope you learn a lesson from this, what goes around comes around.

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!?!?!
You are REALLY stupid, you know that?
YOU came on to OUR server, we can do whatever the heck we want, idiot.
Whatever you want EXCEPT control the people who play on your server. Gistica: 1 TFW: 0

You guys need something to take your minds off of the server. So why not try... sillykyle's X-treme Nether Survival Challenge[/cool]

Rules: Make yourself a brand spanking new world, with cheats on. Turn yourself to creative, make a Nether portal and light it, then enter the nether. Once you're in the nether, break the portal (NOT the frame, just the purple part). Give yourself one oak sapling, and one piece of dirt. Switch yourself to survival, and survive! One last thing. This is extreme for a reason. The world can't be hardcore because you need cheats on, but if you die you must delete the world.

Challenges:
1. Make a safe place to grow trees and farm mushrooms.
2. Kill Zombie Pigmen and make yourself some Gold armor (this will take a while, digging out a room for them to spawn in is recommended).
3. Find a fortress.
4. Once 1.4 is released, use Blaze Powder from a Blaze, Gunpowder from a Ghast and Coal from a Wither Skeleton to craft a fire charge and re-ignite your portal to escape the nether. (Note: It is possible for a Ghast fireball to ignite your portal. If this happens, you must switch to creative and break it, then switch back.)

Bonus Challenge: Spawn and kill the Wither. (Hats off to anyone who can pull this off.)

These aren't the only things you can do, but they're some guidelines to what kind of things you can try to accomplish. Enjoy!

One small problem and I don't know if you knew this but...NETHERACK isn't mineable with a wood pickaxe bro.

Gistica said:
One small problem and I don't know if you knew this but...NETHERACK isn't mineable with a wood pickaxe bro.

Lies...? Of course it is... Test it if you don't believe me.

I looked it up on the Minecraft Explorer app bro

Non Sequitur said:
Alright, guys. I can't do port forwarding, so I'm probably going to go with a hosting company pretty soon, which'll be awesome. I'll be installing Bukkit and some anti-griefing stuff on their servers, but I don't want to pay over 6 dollars.
Luckily, there is a $6 per month package that offers 15 slots and 768 MB of RAM. I'll keep searching for something cheaper, but hopefully I'll have something up soon.
I highly suggest you find another deal, unless you want everyone to play at 12 fps.
if you want over 12 frames, it has to be over a GB.

Or you just stop wasting your time...

On average, how much of my download bandwidth would a server use up?

Nengeni said:

EDIT: oh you mean hosting one lol, its going to use up a lot.

Nengeni said:

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/about-minecraft-bandwidth.4279/

So using 50 kb/s per person...

50 kb/s * 60 seconds in a minute * 60 minutes in an hour = 180000 kilobits per hour

180000 kb/h / 8 kb in a KB / 1024 KB in MB = 22 MBs per person, per hour

So on a daily basis, that might be 8 hours total (four people * two hours a day). That's 176 MBs per day. Times 30 days in a month, divided by 1024 MBs in a GB... 5.14 GB per month? Er, or did you mean how much upload bandwidth would it be? 5.14 GB * a 2.4 conversion factor (120 kb/s vs. 50 kb/s) = 12.35 GB.

So 12 GB down, 5 GB up, per month.

Just trying to be helpful.

Thanks Chari, that isn't as bad as I thought it would have been.

Back