• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Mimikyu GX Deck Help

Neyura

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys,

I want to make a Mimikyu gx deck from the latest set Lost thunder.
Now i want it to be specific Fairy deck but im so stuck. Everything i think of doesnt work.
I was hoping one of you guys can give me a little push in the right direction.

I concider using flying flip koko, however its not a fairy type :(. I need something to do some (spreading) dmg first before getting Mimikyu GX into play.

I was thinking of team up with the new Alolan Ninetales GX, but that card cost me alot of money and i realy like low budget decks. I also was thinking about Xerneas GX. Or maby Sylveon GX.

I don't want it together with gardevoir GX. It also doesnt have to be the best deck ever made.

Hope 1 of you can help me out thinking of a new deck with Mimikyu in the spotlight! Im not looking for a whole deck but idea's that can push me into the right direction. ;)

ok, i did some digging.. i now have:

##Pokémon - 12
3 Sneasel CES 86
3 Weavile BUS 86
3 Mimikyu-GX LOT 206*
3 Tapu Koko PR-SM SM31

##Trainer Cards - 32
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
3 Po Town BUS 121
2 Pokémon Fan Club UPR 133
2 Acerola BUS 112
4 Tate & Liza CES 148
4 Nest Ball SUM 123
4 Cynthia UPR 119
2 Field Blower GRI 125
1 Guzma BUS 115
3 Ultra Ball SLG 68
3 Choice Band GRI 121
2 Max Potion GRI 128

##Energy - 16
2 Unit Energy {F}{D}{Y} (so i can when realy needed use the weavile 2nd attack)
11 Fairy Energy
3 Double Colorless Energy

Total Cards - 60

Any ideas for this deck? Also idea's to make it more fairy type..

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd run the Promo Tapu Koko with the Fairy Tapu Lele from Ultra Prism to move the damage around. Use DCE and Fairy and maybe even throw in BUS Weavile for Ability Spread. Just a suggestion though

I'd run the Promo Tapu Koko with the Fairy Tapu Lele from Ultra Prism to move the damage around. Use DCE and Fairy and maybe even throw in BUS Weavile for Ability Spread. Just a suggestion though

Yea im playing that online at the tcg now. it runs ok.. But i realy wanted a full fairy deck with mimikyu. but i dont have any ideas for it. I need to do dmg first with another to get mimikyu even hit xD. still thinking about alolan ninetales or Xerneas gx. but im affraid to get to much gx in this deck.

Mimikyu GX's best partner is Decidueye GX. Decidueye puts the damage on and then Mimikyu melts your opponents. for Example, if you put two feather arrows on the opponent's active, mimikyu hits 130+the original 40 adding up to 170, with choice band 200 and kukui 220. If you have 3 decidueyes out, its 60+190=250, which knocks out nearly everything.

Have you thought of playing Mimikyu with Greninja GX line? It’s like the old M Alakazam bats idea, on a basic. You snipe early with DCE and Koko, followed by extra damage from evolving into frogadier and Greninja GX. You would play a few rainbow, so you could use haze slash to shuffle it back into the deck or uses super scoop up/ devo spray. You already have po town to help as well. Also, cut down on fairy energy, 11 seems exesive for a 2 energy attacker. 8 should be enough of you are playing DCE and rainbow. Definetly add Mina to your list, to help power up a mimikyu in one turn. One last thing is that if you are not playing a deck with Pokémon draw, you need a lot of supporters. I recommend adding Zebstrika line for extra consistency. Other small things include taking out max potion, you are low HP GX so it’s not really needed, exchange tate and lose for Lilie, really good turn 1 supporter, you can get away with 1 field blower and Dan club is ok but you have Lilie and 4 nest ball so it shouldn’t be too big of a problem. All in all I would make these changes:

-3 sneasle
-3 Weavile
-3 tate and Liza
-1 field blower
-2 unit energy
-4 fairy energy
-2 max potion
-1 Fan club

+ 1 blitzle
+1 Zebstrika
+3 froakie
+ 3 frogadier
+3 Greninja GX
+2 Mina
+2 Guzma
+3 Lilie
+1 Tapu-Lele GX (you are going to need at least one of these)

It’s sorta a different archetype, but I feel like it’ll work better than Weavile. I haven’t tried this out so I’m not 100% sure. Other things to consider is adding timer balls where you see fit, I don’t know what you’d take out, the list is pretty tight. This should help getting mimikyu to work well. The deck will have bad matchups against shrine deck as a whole, but against big GX decks, it should be able to compete if you can make it consistant.

Last edited:
Mimikyu GX's best partner is Decidueye GX. Decidueye puts the damage on and then Mimikyu melts your opponents. for Example, if you put two feather arrows on the opponent's active, mimikyu hits 130+the original 40 adding up to 170, with choice band 200 and kukui 220. If you have 3 decidueyes out, its 60+190=250, which knocks out nearly everything.
The only thing is it’s a stage two and won’t be consistant unless he gets at least 2 alolan ninetails, and those are really expensive. I think it might work better with Greninja GX line.

The only thing is it’s a stage two and won’t be consistant unless he gets at least 2 alolan ninetails, and those are really expensive. I think it might work better with Greninja GX line.
This was definitely my second choice. You do have the potential to do more damage than with Decidueye, but the damage output isnt as consistent. But for financial purposes, yeah Greninja would be pretty cool.

Back