Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
New alternate art versions of Mewtwo VSTAR, Suicune V, and Leafeon VSTAR have been posted to social media, presumably from VSTAR Universe (or an associated product). We’re not sure where these potato images come from, but they are likely photos of digital product sheets sent to Japanese retailers.
VSTAR Universe will release in Japan on December 2nd. The set hasn’t officially been revealed yet.

Mewtwo-V-Union-141x200.jpg

Leafeon-VSTAR-200x155.jpg

Continue reading...

Chaosbeat

Aspiring Trainer
Can someone please buy these leakers better phones? It’s 2022
I know, right? I'd like to think they were cropped from a larger image. WPM has given us previews of cards far in advance that were tiny partial images from the background of a print magazine before so there seems to be a wide variety of sources.

Looking forward to seeing a higher res of this Mewtwo!

Darkally

Aspiring Trainer
I hope this set gives alts to Pokémon that didn’t get one.
Kinda annoyed Eeveelutions will be getting more alts….will make the set even harder to find
Not really, Pokemon hype is dead. Either way, Pokemon overprints sets, so there's going to be an abundance of this set.

bktan

Aspiring Trainer
Well, if that Charizard leak is real, which it might be now despite them reusing old mats, coins and sleeves, then there are going to be helluva lot of alternate arts.

Charizard got 3 additional alts for V, VMAX and VSTAR. Seems like Arceus is getting 3 as well.

Does this mean yet another alt of Leafeon, Glaceon, Mew etc.? Seems likely.

Would be a joke if Umbreon gets more even though it is seemingly not played in any deck.

Then again, Pikachu got alts and then stuff like Orbeetle, Centiskorch, Corviknight - were any of those part of the meta back then? Hisuian starters need alts.

o7yourdesires

Aspiring Trainer
Well, if that Charizard leak is real, which it might be now despite them reusing old mats, coins and sleeves, then there are going to be helluva lot of alternate arts.

Charizard got 3 additional alts for V, VMAX and VSTAR. Seems like Arceus is getting 3 as well.

Would be a joke if Umbreon gets more even though it is seemingly not played in any deck.

Then again, Pikachu got alts and then stuff like Orbeetle, Centiskorch, Corviknight - were any of those part of the meta back then? Hisuian starters need alts.
Pikachu didn’t get alt arts. It got character rares. Leafeon VStar also didn’t get an alternate art and neither did Mewtwo VStar or Suicune. Charizard and Arceus so far the exception. I’d expect the VStars to get alternate arts sure (Giratina and Lugia) but there is no guarantee that the Eeveelution VMaxes are getting new arts, though I fully expect glaceon VStar to get one (as you have said as well as the Hisuan VStar starters)

chris.n7

Aspiring Trainer

They're not re-use old mats, sleeves and coins though; they were released in Japanese yeah but not here.

chris.n7

Aspiring Trainer
Pikachu didn’t get alt arts. It got character rares. Leafeon VStar also didn’t get an alternate art and neither did Mewtwo VStar or Suicune. Charizard and Arceus so far the exception. I’d expect the VStars to get alternate arts sure (Giratina and Lugia) but there is no guarantee that the Eeveelution VMaxes are getting new arts, though I fully expect glaceon VStar to get one (as you have said as well as the Hisuan VStar starters)
Character Secret Rares are essentially alt arts though lets be real

o7yourdesires

Aspiring Trainer
I know, right? I'd like to think they were cropped from a larger image. WPM has given us previews of cards far in advance that were tiny partial images from the background of a print magazine before so there seems to be a wide variety of sources.

Looking forward to seeing a higher res of this Mewtwo!
Looks like a Charizard top right??

Digg07

Aspiring Trainer

Leafeon has 2 v cards, the new v and vstar alt arts for this set will be reprints of those cards. umbreon has not seen another v or vstar so I dont think there is any indication that it will get another alt