• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Mewtwo & Mew NinjaBox

T_Willikers98

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys! So I've been trying to make a new NinjaBox deck ever since Marshadow GX came out, and I think that Mewtwo & Mew GX could finally make my dream a reality! I'm posting this list to hopefully get some constructive criticism and feedback!

1st Edit 5-11-19: Swapped Cynthia for Sycamore; Took out the basic energies and Guzma for 4 Rainbow Energy; then took out 1 N and 1 Nest Ball for 2 Field Blower.

3x Mewtwo & Mew GX
2x Jolteon EX
2x Glaceon EX
1x Espeon EX
1x Magearna EX
2x Shaymin EX
2x Tapu Lele GX

1x Computer Search
3x Professor Sycamore
1x N
2x Ninja Boy
2x Lysandre
4x VS Seeker
4x Ultra Ball
2x Nest Ball
2x Field Blower
2x Special Charge
1x Rescue Stretcher
3x Choice Band
2x Float Stone

4x Prism Energy
4x Rainbow Energy
4x DCE

Last edited:

Deity of War

Aspiring Trainer
I would say -1 Lightning-1 water -1 Metal - 1 Cynthia + 4 Rainbow energy
- 2 Chynthia -1 Lysander +1 Dawn Wings and +2 Professor Sycamore

Deity of War

Aspiring Trainer
There's no way to tell for sure until the card gets released and see some play to know how well it would do. But if you know people who are willing to play with proxies as long as you have a translation you might as well take advantage of play testing it a couple times

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
You would be better off using Ninja Boy engine instead of running this. I have been saying this for a few years now but Ninja Boy as nothing to envy those other toolbox. In fact while everyone stoppped playing Marshadow-Gx and Mew-Ex box, I still use Ninja Box every time i log in and still have a lot of success and a high win rate on PTCGO. I have shown time and time again that Marshadow-Gx or Mew-Ex where worse toolbox decks. People never seemed to realize why but this is just how it is.

First thing to note is that with a Ninja Boy engine, you can rely on hitting different weaknesses to improve a lot of matchup. At the same time, you are less likely to suffer from one particular weakness yourself which translates into running into less auto-losses. Then, there is also the fact that you have a wider array of pokemon to choose from in order to adapt to the meta since some of them that have abilities or traits can be used as attackers and those things you can't copy (Latias-Ex for exemple). The worse counters to those toolbox decks are decks using Alolan Muk or Garbotoxin to disable your draw abilities (or that new power plant) but at least using Ninja Boy to swap your attacker around, you can at least still attack since you are not relying on a pokemon with an ability like Marshadow-Gx or Mewtwo&Mew-Gx which when abilities get shut down, means you have an auto-loss since you can't attack anymore. Another thing I want to had is that Jolteon-Ex is the main component of every Rainbow Toolbox. Using Thunder Mountain to grant you basic immunity on the first turn is not something you can do if you plan on copying the attack with a Psychic pokemon while i find this being very handy occasionally.

So my two cents on using Mew&Mewtwo-Gx in expanded (centered around rainbow toolbox) would be to implement it as a complement to the Ninja-Box engine by adding only a single copy in the list. It gives you a very decent Psychic attacker that synergies well enough with the deck while not making you rely only on a pokemon relying on it's ability to attack. On the other hand, if you believe like every person on this planet that Ninja Boy is bad without giving it a serious try, I will give you my recommendations on your specific list.

- I would not run 2 copies of Glaceon-Ex since it is not used as often as you would think and it has a bad retreat cost.
- I do not think that running Espeon-Ex without spread damage is worth it. Any reason why you decide to include it?
- Try looking into other useful pokemon to include. Here are some of my favorites that could work out of Ninja Box as well: Machamp-Ex, Comfey, Tauros-Gx. There would surely be a few Stage 1 and 2 to mention but I will let you figure this out.
- One thing you need to remember about using stall as your winning condition is that you need to avoid having enough prizes on your bench for your opponent to win by using Guzma/Lysandre or Escape Rope. You need to think of a way to remove prizes from your bench like Ninja Boy into Unown, Parallel City or the new Giovanni's Exile if you plan on benching many Shaymin-Ex or Tapu-Lele-Gx.
- I run 11-12 energies in my Ninja Box deck and I barely ever run out of them so I do not need special charge at all. If you run Sycamore tho, I can understand that you need to include it but I believe that you should test this out and see if you would not be better off using another supporter instead. Or you could possibly remove 2 Rainbow Energies without too much impact.
- Ninja Boy would be useful only if your main attacker can't attack or if you want to hit for weakness in which case 1 copy would surely be enough. I run more copies in Ninja Box because the deck is focused around. It toggles my attacker and helps recycling Shaymin/Lele while clearing my bench by turning them into Unown (and removing free prizes to enable stall as a win condition) when I have a turn to spare. Still consider 1 copy for the same purpose but since you will need it way less, 1 copy would surely be enough.
- I would consider dropping float stones and relying on Guzma instead. Jolteon-Ex as a free reteat so if you use Guzma you can retreat back into the attacker of your choice after without the need of float stone. Even if you choose to keep them, consider going with a split Lysandre/Guzma at the very least since you have a free retreat pokemon to combo with.
- As others stated, you will need to include at least 1 or even 2 stadiums. I think that the main ones here would be Dimension Valley (not in your current decks actual state since the requirements are 1 color and 2 colorless energies) or Parallel City.

Best of luck,

salad_thrower87

Aspiring Trainer
hmmm... Have you tried this list? Made it myself lol

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 23

* 4 Zorua DEX 69
* 4 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 1 Naganadel-GX UNM 160
* 1 M Charizard-EX EVO 13
* 1 Charizard-GX PR-SM 60
* 3 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 1 Solgaleo-GX PR-SM 104
* 1 Espeon & Deoxys-GX UNM 72
* 1 Jirachi-GX UNM 79
* 1 Latios-GX UNM 223
* 1 Marshadow UNB 81
* 3 Mewtwo & Mew-GX UNM 222
* 1 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158

##Trainer Cards - 27

* 2 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 4 Pokémon Communication TEU 152
* 2 Protection Cube FLF 95
* 1 Scramble Switch PLS 129
* 3 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Blue’s Tactics UNM 188
* 2 Pokémon Catcher DEX 111
* 4 N FCO 105
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 10

* 3 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4
* 3 Psychic Energy XYEnergy 8
* 4 Prism Energy NXD 93

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

salad_thrower87

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not entirely sure what "ninjabox" is, but what I do know is that this list is highly effective in expanded format, if that's what you're looking for.

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
I'm not entirely sure what "ninjabox" is, but what I do know is that this list is highly effective in expanded format, if that's what you're looking for.

I would not say its weak but i can tell you this, i bench Latias-Ex and you struggle. I bench Keldeo-GX and its even worse. I like your deck, dont get me wrong, but its ability and GX dependant.

Last edited:

salad_thrower87

Aspiring Trainer
I would not say its weak but i can tell you this, i bench Latias-Ex and you struggle. I bench Keldeo-GX and its even worse. I like your deck, dont get me wrong, but its ability and GX dependant.
Gotcha. Naganadel GX, or the Guzma/Float Stone combo help out allot with this. Theres also Scramble Switch. Basically, just avoid the ones I cant attack the whole game. lol. Not really sure how I could fix this issue, but just avoiding those cards is all I got. Thx for the tip

Last edited:

Laurier_Ex

Ninja master
Gotcha. Naganadel GX, or the Guzma/Float Stone combo help out allot with this. Theres also Scramble Switch. Basically, just avoid the ones I cant attack the whole game. lol. Not really sure how I could fix this issue, but just avoiding those cards is all I got. Thx for the tip

That would do it if you fear you might encounter that stuff. Garbotoxin and Alolan Muk are still rampant in expanded.

salad_thrower87

Aspiring Trainer
That would do it if you fear you might encounter that stuff. Garbotoxin and Alolan Muk are still rampant in expanded.
Unfortunately. If I'm in a really sticky situation, then I'd usually have either Mewtwo-EX, Espeon & Deoxys-GX, or Jirachi-GX (Jirachi-GX for placing energy) for my main attackers until I get rid of the issue on my opponents side of the table lol.

Last edited:

salad_thrower87

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 13

* 1 Naganadel-GX UNM 160
* 1 M Charizard-EX EVO 101
* 1 Charizard-GX PR-SM 60
* 1 Jolteon-EX GEN 28
* 1 Solgaleo-GX PR-SM 104
* 1 Espeon & Deoxys-GX UNM 72
* 1 Jirachi-GX UNM 79
* 1 Marshadow UNB 81
* 1 Mew UNB 76
* 3 Mewtwo & Mew-GX UNM 222
* 1 Mewtwo-EX BKT 158

##Trainer Cards - 35

* 3 Mysterious Treasure FLI 113
* 3 Cherish Ball UNM 191
* 2 Protection Cube FLF 95
* 1 Scramble Switch PLS 129
* 4 Acro Bike PRC 122
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 4 Welder UNB 189
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 4 Random Receiver FCO 109
* 1 Fire Crystal UNB 173
* 2 N FCO 105
* 1 Switch BCR 135
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 3 Giant Hearth UNM 197

##Energy - 12

* 8 Fire Energy XYEnergy 4
* 4 Prism Energy NXD 93

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

updated list! :D