• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Mewtwo EX, Gardevoir, Darmanitan

dbgoldberg323

TCG Professor, League Owner
FINALLY I've found a build that works for my Mewtwo EX + Gardevoir + Darmanitan deck build!

Pokémon: 14 (7 Basic)
2x Mewtwo EX
2x Darumaka ND17
2x Darmanitan ND60
3x Ralts ND55
2x Kirlia ND56
3x Gardevoir ND57

Trainers: 30
3x Rare Candy
4x Switch
4x Pokémon Catcher
3x Ultra Ball
4x Pokémon Communication
4x Cheren
4x N
4x PONT

Energy: 16
16x Psychic

Too many trainers you might say? Nah, trust me after running this deck against Chandelure, Zek/Reshi/Kyurem Outrage, my own Rocky Helmet deck, and others, this finally runs well! I've also foilized/FA'd/secret-rare'd the deck up a lot so it looks really awesome. :cool:

Basically in the first few turns I try to set up a Mewtwo EX backed by a Gardevoir through whatever means necessary (Pokémon Communication, Ultra Ball, Rare Candy, etc) and start sweeping as fast as possible (with the help of Pokémon Catchers, and even Switches if I need to bring my Mewtwo back up front). If I don't get access to a Mewtwo early, then Darumaka/Darmanitan becomes the benefactor of Gardevoir's Psychic Mirage ability, flipping 6 coins (for up to 300 damage!) for his DarMAXitan attack. :D I used to run a single Fliptini (also FA by the way) but I noticed he either came out on his own when Darmanitan wasn't up and running, or his ability didn't matter because Darmanitan was doing enough damage.

So far the deck has worked great and I think this is a good starting point for me as I attempt to compete with it. Once HS and CoL cycles out and I lose PONT, I'll go into mourning as I try to figure out what to replace him with, but otherwise I think this could be a solid start for my return to competitive Pokémon.

I've tried running Gardevoir and Gothitelle (EP, Madkinesis) but it's too much work, trying to get out two stage two's. Gardevoir & Gothitelle is actually my preferred deck build but again, I had too much trouble running it so this is the end result. :p

Thoughts/suggestions?

numberonewill

Troll Level Infinity
Junk Arm maybe. And two or three DCE's for quick attacks when Gardevior isnt set up. Looks nice to me, but seems like 16 energies is too much and the absence of junk arm makes me wonder.

Also I believe Fliptini is still useful. It helps when you dont flip enough heads for the KO. But its play preference really.

Jirachi

Smile!
Yes. Too many psychic energies. Try cutting some for more trainers actually, such as junk arm and dual ball.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Some changes I'd make:

-1 Cheren (change into Random Receiver)
-1 N (change into Random Receiver)
-1 Communication (I think you have enough search)
-1 Catcher (For a slower deck with stage 2's and what not, I don't think you'll need to many catcher KOs)
-2 Switch (4 is WAY to many. Gardevoir has 1 retreat cost? (it might be 2. but you only need one energy to retreat it anyway)
-6 Psychic (16? That's just a tad to many)

+1 Ralts (I think stage 2 deck will most likely need more of the basic forms)
+4 DCE (so Mewtwo can attack turn 1. And it and Darmanitan can attack without Gardevoir)
+4 Junk Arm (really good trainer card. Just sayin')
+1 Plus Power (It makes it easier to win Mewtwo wars. And Helps Darmanitan with Genies)
+2 Random Receiver (It's like a Junk Armable Suppoeter. And is good against Smeargle)

Some other options are Tornadus EPO, for a non Psychic attacker. Bianca could work (maybe instead of Cheren). Since Ultra Ball makes your hand smaller, and thus, Gives you more cards with Bianca. And Dual Ball may help you out to. I just can't find much space for 3 to 4 of them.

I hope that these ideas helped you out a bit. But only testing will tell. Good luck at Battle Roads.