• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard MewBox (Toolbox Mew)

vMedic

Aspiring Trainer
First Deck post for Pokemon online ever. Came up with this nasty Tool Box mew deck a this week, and iv been play testing it with very good results.

Pokémon (13)

• 4 Mew 29/124 (Tool Box effect)
  • 1 Jirachi XY67 (Very versatile for disruption)
  • 1 Carbink 50/124 (Wasnt sure if to use this one, or the one that stops basic energy from being discarded)
  • 2 Regice 24/98 (I suppose he just seemed to fit, 30 damage and a paralyze, or an Ex lockout)
  • 1 Hoopa EX 36/98 (Search)
  • 1 Jolteon EX 28/83 (Second attack)
  • 1 Glaceon EX 20/124 (Same as the jolteon)
  • 1 Shaymin EX 77/108
  • 1 Seismitoad 106/111 (first attack again, seems great if needed in a pinch)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (37)
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 N
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observation
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Hex Maniac (iffy on this because it messes up Mew, but may be good in situations when Seismitoad is on deck)
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Teammates
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 2 Trainer Mail
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 2 Super Rod
  • 2 Float Stone
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Dimension Valley
Energy (10)
  • 3 Water Energy
  • 3 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy

20160508_162804.jpg
Generic setup of what i'd like it to run like on field by turn 2.

Would really love some Critiques here, and some constructive criticism.
+ and - between rotation of cards, just want to see this work at a bigger venue than a local.

Thanks in Advance!
Tyler, vMedic

Last edited:
Hi vMedic,

Nice deck. Not sure on some of the card choices. I would cut Regice and Carbink since Pokémon Ex are not that common at the moment. Also consider to run one more of the Eeveelution since those are the main theme in addition to Seismitoad. I would include a tech Jirachi since it is a nice stall card for decks that use special energy. Shaymin Ex would also be a nice inclusion to draw some additional cards.

One means to counter this deck is to Lysandre a benched Pokémon since Jolteon and Glaceon's attack only protect Mew. Consider to run Max Elixir to accelerate energies on the bench to make this less detrimental. It also allows the deck to switch from Mew to one of the Eeveelutions when faced with ability lock decks.

Pokémon (12):
  • 1 Seismitoad Ex (disable)
  • 2 Glaceon Ex (disable)
  • 2 Jolteon Ex (disable)
  • 2 Shaymin Ex (draw)
  • 1 Jirachi (disable)
  • 4 Mew (attack)

Trainer (36):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme (draw)
  • 1 Teammates (control)
  • 1 Lysandre (control)
  • 2 N (draw)
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt (beatdown)
  • 4 Puzzle of Time (retrieval)
  • 3 Trainer's Mail (search)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 1 Super Rod (retrieval)
  • 4 Vs Seeker (retrieval)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Dimension Valley (enable)

Energy (12):
  • 6 Lightning Energy
  • 6 Water Energy

This version is focused on trainers to accelerate to the bench. Use Max Elixir to set up other attackers on the bench while Mew is active. This allows the deck to deal with Lysandre and Hex Maniac a little better. Super Rod is ment to retrieve energies but it is also a little more flexible that the item card that returns five baisc energies to your deck. Puzzle of Time can return Max Elixir and attackers if needed. Trainer's Mail is a nice search card that also thins the deck and makes Max Elixir more effective by increasing the odds to hit a basic energy card. The deck only runs basic energies since those are harder to discard and synergize well with Max Elixir.

agree with Dark Espeon, double colorless energy isn't needed since you play dimension valley. To Dark Espeon, i think a flaot stone or an escape rope is needed here, since Regice and Seismitoad EX carry high retreat cost, maybe cut one lighting energy for that.

Why add the mew? I get it for toad, but for Glaceon/Jolteon it doesn't make sense. They're just going to Lysandre up one of them for a KO and 2 prize cards.

Why add the mew? I get it for toad, but for Glaceon/Jolteon it doesn't make sense. They're just going to Lysandre up one of them for a KO and 2 prize cards.
And how would you build this deck or the concept of Jolteon Glaceon? What do you think would be the better path to take with this 2 pokemon

I think it is worth testing a Manaphy Ex for the free retreat if needed over the stone.

And how would you build this deck or the concept of Jolteon Glaceon? What do you think would be the better path to take with this 2 pokemon

The way I'm testing my Jolteon/Glaceon DL is by themselves. Basically I run a 3-3 line of them, with a Hoopa (1), Shaymin (2), Jirachi (1) and Smeargle (1). Mew is useless in a DL with them because the Glaceon/Jolteon will get Lysandre'd out for the KO. Why would anyone waste time on a 1 prize Mew that they can't do damage to after the attack and can withstand 3 attacks from Mew? BUT, if you run Jolteon/Glaceon, depending on what DL you run against, you build up the one and use it's attack, escentially it's game over. There's still a lot of testing to do with this DL, especially with the Meta the way it is with item locking being heavy at this time. I love the play of Mew with Toad, but I dont feel that Jolteon/Glaceon is the fit with them.

The way I'm testing my Jolteon/Glaceon DL is by themselves. Basically I run a 3-3 line of them, with a Hoopa (1), Shaymin (2), Jirachi (1) and Smeargle (1). Mew is useless in a DL with them because the Glaceon/Jolteon will get Lysandre'd out for the KO. Why would anyone waste time on a 1 prize Mew that they can't do damage to after the attack and can withstand 3 attacks from Mew? BUT, if you run Jolteon/Glaceon, depending on what DL you run against, you build up the one and use it's attack, escentially it's game over. There's still a lot of testing to do with this DL, especially with the Meta the way it is with item locking being heavy at this time. I love the play of Mew with Toad, but I dont feel that Jolteon/Glaceon is the fit with them.
What about adding a Garbodor line to Jolteon and Glaceon, and do you whink is viable to run a Umbreon ex tech?

Why would you like to add a Garbodor line? What's the meta like where you're at that would make adding Garbo line worth it? Also, I feel umbreon doesn't belong in any deck.

Ive seen couple Greninja break decks, and some Vileplume/Trevenant lock. And there are still people playing MegaRay, and even my close friends, the ones that I play the most with playing Mgea Mewtwo and Mega Gardevoir and even Mega Gallade, so thats why I'm considering the Umbreon XD

I'll say you'll see a lot more Greninja and Vileplume/Trevenant lock decks than you will a Mega deck. Through Ohio states I didnt run into 1 Mega or even a Mega DL and there was 0 at the top table. Not to say you wont see one or two during Nats, but to tech something just to take 4 prize cards instead of 2, maybe if you get the KO, it isn't worth the space to me. As far as abilities, a simple Hex will cancel all abilities. T1 Hex is detrimental to a lot of decks, especially when they can't play their Shaymin. I think a 2-2 line of Garbo can work in some decks, but I haven't found a DL yet worth teching Garbo

Have you considered running something like aromatesse with rainbow energy as your core mechanic?

3-3 Aromatesse
3 or 4 Mews
2 Shaymin EX
1 Hoopa EX
[toolbox pokemon of your choice] x5

[trainers as you see fit]
2 Fairy garden
2 Dimension valley

4 DCE
4 Rainbow energy
1 Water
1 Lightning
1 Fairy energy

That way you can give everything free retreat, swap the rainbow energy around as you see fit and Mewder people (murder them with mew)

I've extensively tested this deck and the issue i have is if a deck has the ability to attack with basics and evo pokemon at will theres no way to win. Wondering if anyone has any advice as to how to play this deck in those situations.

Not sure why you'd add an Umbreon, but that's your choice.

As far as dealing with your opponent having basics and evo pokemon, just KO the evo pokemon with Jolteon. Unless they're playing wally or run Forrest of Giant Plants, they're going to take time to evolve. It's not difficult to work around it really. There's not too many decks out there that run both evo and basic pokemon and what ones there are, they dont hit hard enough to worry about.

Hi vMedic,

Nice deck. Not sure on some of the card choices. I would cut Regice and Carbink since Pokémon Ex are not that common at the moment. Also consider to run one more of the Eeveelution since those are the main theme in addition to Seismitoad. I would include a tech Jirachi since it is a nice stall card for decks that use special energy. Shaymin Ex would also be a nice inclusion to draw some additional cards.

One means to counter this deck is to Lysandre a benched Pokémon since Jolteon and Glaceon's attack only protect Mew. Consider to run Max Elixir to accelerate energies on the bench to make this less detrimental. It also allows the deck to switch from Mew to one of the Eeveelutions when faced with ability lock decks.

Pokémon (12):
  • 1 Seismitoad Ex (disable)
  • 2 Glaceon Ex (disable)
  • 2 Jolteon Ex (disable)
  • 2 Shaymin Ex (draw)
  • 1 Jirachi (disable)
  • 4 Mew (attack)

Trainer (36):
  • 4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
  • 1 Giovanni's Scheme (draw)
  • 1 Teammates (control)
  • 1 Lysandre (control)
  • 2 N (draw)
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt (beatdown)
  • 4 Puzzle of Time (retrieval)
  • 3 Trainer's Mail (search)
  • 4 Max Elixir (accelerate)
  • 1 Super Rod (retrieval)
  • 4 Vs Seeker (retrieval)
  • 4 Ultra Ball (search)
  • 4 Dimension Valley (enable)

Energy (12):
  • 6 Lightning Energy
  • 6 Water Energy

This version is focused on trainers to accelerate to the bench. Use Max Elixir to set up other attackers on the bench while Mew is active. This allows the deck to deal with Lysandre and Hex Maniac a little better. Super Rod is ment to retrieve energies but it is also a little more flexible that the item card that returns five baisc energies to your deck. Puzzle of Time can return Max Elixir and attackers if needed. Trainer's Mail is a nice search card that also thins the deck and makes Max Elixir more effective by increasing the odds to hit a basic energy card. The deck only runs basic energies since those are harder to discard and synergize well with Max Elixir.
You could also run a couple Rainbow Energies. That would allow you to splash in more techs, like an Umbreon EX for instance. There's probably others, but Umbreon is the first that comes to mind.

Back