Discussion Mew-EX vs Mew FCL

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
A Mew-EX alternate-art reprint from Dragons Exalted/Legendary Treasures was announced today for a Generations promotional product.
Since Mew-EX and Mew will be in the same format, I want to start a thread discussing the pros and cons of both cards in standard (since in expanded they are both already legal).

Mew FCL; Pros: Non-EX, can use benched basics's attacks, pairs with dimension valley, free retreat, colorless/not bad actual attack. Cons: Low HP (higher with FF belt, but still low), can't use evolutions/opponent's attacks, killable by Shaymin with a muscle band.
Mew-EX; Pros: Higher HP (still low, but with FF belt it can compete), pairs with dimension valley, can use all Pokemon's attacks, searchable with Hoopa-EX, is not affected by Wobbuffet. Cons: Very low HP for an EX, 1 retreat, attack is meh and needs a psychic energy, gives up 2 prizes, weak to psychic.

Here are some questions to answer. Which Mew is 'better' and why? In what decks would you use Mew-EX and in which ones would you use Mew? Will Mew-EX be used at all? If dimension valley rotates is there a place for either Mew?

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
I think I prefer Mew EX. With FFB it has a not bad HP and the most important thing, when playing against things like Seismitoad, you can copy their attacks

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
Do we even know if the Mew EX is a legit reprint for the standard format of if its still the Dragons Exalted print?

Sevus

Aspiring Trainer
Do we even know if the Mew EX is a legit reprint for the standard format of if its still the Dragons Exalted print?

The article specifies "Since they’re numbered as new promos, it means the old cards will survive future rotations."